Home

How's your Franchise Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2016, 01:24 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How's your Franchise Mode Going?

I am looking for someone who streams/uploads videos of their franchise but that actually plays their games, not just SIM. I would like to see how the presensation aspects of the game changed .. I am hearing good things but all the videos I find on youtube are SIMS.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:38 PM   #74
Rookie

HailTheSkins's Arena

OVR: 0

Who else is experiencing the alternate captain bug where teams captains turn to alternates after the preseason games??
Old 10-03-2016, 05:03 PM   #75
Rookie

YakCityGaming's Arena

The Oilers are set to start year 2! Can we avoid a terrible start to the year? Find out now! Also, big props for the support guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 11:06 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 6

When does custom arena becomes avaliable?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #77
Rookie

I've been away for a while but I managed to win a Stanley Cup with the Bruins in my third season as GM! Of course in trying to get younger and more cap friendly I did trade away several early round draft picks but so far in season 4 it seems to have been worth it.

Bergeron is still my Captain and oldest player at 33. I moved McQuaid and some picks for Gostisbehere but he was not happy - somehow I managed to get Carolina to take Gostisbehere, a couple of picks and an unsigned rookie for Hanifin

I've had to back fill my AHL team with free agent signings because I think the highest pick I have through 2024 is a 4th rounder. I've been signing young guys with high skating/speed ratings and so far the Baby Bs remain competetive.

I was a little disappointed to not see a Stanley Cup Banner ceremony in my first game fo my fourth season, but I'm 8-1-1 so I can live without the pageantry I suppose.

My main roster for the foreseeable future looks like this:

Forwards:
Marchand-Bergeron-Hayes
Belesky-Larkin-Pastrnak
Vatrano-Spooner-Griffith
Stransky-Patrick-DeBrusk

Defense:
Nurse-C. Miller
Wotherspoon-Hanifin
Zboril-Van Riemsdyk

Goal:
Holtby-Murray

I have about $11M in cap space so I should be able to sign my young players to relatively long deals and pay them well.

My season ticket sales base is in the high 90s percentile and I've consistently sold out all my home games to date.

My merchandise and concession revenue numbers aren't great but I've been keeping the prices on the low side to keep the fans happy and selling volume over profit.

I've also found that regularly maintaining the arena (at least once a month) seems to be most cost effective but is absolutely my 2nd largest budget item (salaries being first, of course). $2.5 -$3 million spent each year on maintenance and upgrades when the owner requests them.

All-in-all, this is by far the most fun I've had with the NHL series in a long time!
Old 10-05-2016, 05:34 PM   #78
Rookie

YakCityGaming's Arena

After that 2-8 start to the season, my Oilers claw their way back towards a playoff spot! Can we finally get some goal scoring? Find out in the latest edition of my franchise!
Old 10-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #79
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

Just got the game last week and decided to try Franchise mode because of relocation feature. Even though I'm a Sens fan I started with Carolina and immediately moved the team back to Hartford so I could bring back the Whalers. After looking at the Hurricane's roster I realized the best thing to do was gut it and start over fresh in Harftord, but I have trade difficulty on hard or whatever it is so I can't just reload easily. I traded Staal to the Senators for Nick Paul and their 1st rounder and also dumped Cam Ward for picks. Dealt away quite a few other players, forget the exact trade but I managed to get Nurse from the Oilers (pretty sure I gave up one of the 3 first rounders I had at that point). Anyway the team absolutely sucked but unfortunately I won my 2nd last game of the season (only played 2 games, 1st home game and the last one) to vault me into 29th and take myself out of the first overall pick. Draft class looked pretty weak but I had 4 picks in the first 2 rounds so I'm hoping they develop soon.

Anyways onto free agency and I had a ton of money to spend since all my cap space was freed up when I dumped my guys the following season and I wanted my first season with the Whalers to be a good one. Made a bunch of big pickups including Ben Bishop and Tyler Johnson for 7m+ a year. Also managed to snag Drouin which cost me my 1st and 3rd in the 2nd year draft. Picked up a couple more guys, the only one I'm disappointed with was Bryzgalov since I didn't need him anymore, he signed the day after Bishop signed for 4.5m to sit on the bench which annoys me.

Year 2 has gone really well so far, with such a young roster and not many draft picks for this season I'm hoping to make the playoffs and got a great start to the season, currently I'm 12-1-1 with some back-to-backs coming up. There's no way I'm going to be able to keep this team together when most of their contracts come up but I'm hoping for a good year or two.

My line-up is

J Skinner (86) - T. Johnson (87) - T. Teravainen (85)
J Drouin (85) - v Rask (85) - E Lindholm (85)
P Di Giuseppe (83) - M Fisher (83) - J Nordstrom (82)
L Stempniak (82) - N Paul (81) - V Stalberg (82)

J Slavin (84) - J Faulk (89)
D Nurse (83) - B Pesce (83)
N Hanifin (83) - M Tennyson (80)

B Bishop (89)
I Bryzgaolv (85)

Old 10-07-2016, 03:04 AM   #80
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29

Just started my usual Senators franchise. Thought about grabbing another D-man such as Russell, Quincy or Boyle but decided to stay put to start and roll with Borwiesky (spelling), Bartowski and Wideman. Lines look like this;

Hoffman-Turris-Stone
MacArthur-Brassard-Ryan
Kelly-Pageau-Lazar
Paul-Smith-Neil

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Ceci-Methot
Bartowski-Borwieski (spelling)

Anderson-Hammond

I like the look of things, although I would hate to have to spell out my 3rd defensive pair very often lol. Neil and Paul have to play well to stay dressed. I have Puempel and Dzingle ready to jump in if needed and will rotate Wideman into the mix for D. If a long injury occurs I will look via FA to snag a cheap replacement.

Come trade deadline, depending on my position in the standings, I will look for a top 6 scoring winger and a top 6 defence likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »