Home

How's your Franchise Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2016, 09:01 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Franchise Mode Going?

When I relocated Arizona, for some reason Pavel Datsyuk appears on my roster. Am I missing something here? I would think that my roster should stay the same as it was previous to relocating the team.

Has anyone else experienced strange players on their roster after relocation?
Old 09-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester86
When I relocated Arizona, for some reason Pavel Datsyuk appears on my roster. Am I missing something here? I would think that my roster should stay the same as it was previous to relocating the team.

Has anyone else experienced strange players on their roster after relocation?
Datsyuk's contract was traded to the Yotes during the draft so technically, he's on Arizona's roster.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #11
Rookie

Money99, Thank you so much! It was driving me crazy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #12
Rookie

TheCoolest's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
I'm 20-6-0 with The Kings. Still trailing Calgary who is 21-6-3. They were 21-2-3 so they've been on a skid of late.

I'm doing owner mode and My profits keep going down. I'm now at $81.507 mil. Started at $92 or so
Your profits are going down because as the season progresses you are paying your players.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 08:40 PM   #13
Rookie

If anyone get's to the draft. Could you tell me if your game crashes?
Old 09-15-2016, 11:09 PM   #14
Rookie

VinceJulien14's Arena

started a franchise with New Jersey and am 4-0 to start off the season, Schneider has been stealing me games for the most part but having Hall has kick started my offense to a new level. excited to get back to the playoffs with these guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Bobby Ryan's out for 3 games due to a broken jaw sustained in a fight against Sam Bennett.
Bennett had flattened Karlsson when Ryan came flying in to defend his teammates good name (Eff you Burke! Truculance!)

With Ryan nursing a broken face, Jagr (early trade - thanks Panthers!) was moved up to the 1st line and Matt Pumpel (local boy, ESSEX, ON!) got the call from Binghamton.

Traveled to Alberta for games against the Flames and Oilers.
Got slaughtered in the Saddledome 6-2 but made up for it with a 5-2 win over Edmonton.
Pumpel scored his first goal of the season against the Oilers and Jagr got his first marker as a Senator. (score bug and commentators made a mention of this as well - nice touch!).

I'm going to be simming most of my games as I'm moving to Baltimore at season's end.
I wish I had more time to play all 82 games, but only have a few hours a week will seriously prevent that from happening.

EDIT: I know this has been mentioned before, but I wish EA would introduce some kind of league blog, similar to NHL2K10, to keep me informed of what's going on around the league.
I used to love scrolling through the various headlines from around the league to see what was going on.
It really helped immerse me within my franchise mode.

And with the new technology these consoles have, it's long overdue for a weekly wrap-up show with highlights and scores.
NFL2K4, a 13YO game had this on the PS2! THE PLAYSTATION 2!!!!
Saying it's not possible on the PS4 is nothing but lies and lipservice. Make it happen already.

Last edited by Money99; 09-16-2016 at 08:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #16
Rookie

Yesterday I started my Boston Bruins Franchise - I made some roster moves before I started - Dropped Chara, Krejci, Morrow and added Ekblad, Hanifin and Matthews

For my first season I'm simulating the NHL games but playing the AHL games in the hopes that I can more quickly develop my young players and control their progression - I have no idea at all if it's going to work, especially since my NHL team is 9-1-0 and my AHL is 3-2-1

I've achieved two Owner goals so far. Fans and owner are happy and all of my home games have sold out and my profit is hovering at about $77M so far.

I may actually be having more fun managing the team than playing the games

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »