Home

How's your Franchise Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 06:53 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Franchise Mode Going?

Avalanche lose in second round to Chicago in 5 after beating Nashville in the same amount busy off season losing silverberg and Gelinas . We picked up nyquist
Lines for year 4
Landeskog 89 Mackinnon 91 Nyquist 87
Tatar 87 Turris 88 Grigorenko 85
Grimaldi 84 Soderbeg 86 Rantanen 82
Fontaine 81 Karlson 83 Panik 81

Bigras 87 Barrie 90
Zadorov 85 Johnson 87
Strait 80 Johns 80

Varlomov 88
Enroth 83. Think we have a real shot at the cup this season let me know?
Old 09-22-2016, 07:15 PM   #58
Rookie

Well, I am only 2 games into my franchise as the Avalanche. I lost a close on in game one, but got hammered 5-0 by the Pens in game 2. I had zero offensive flow against Pittsburgh, but I almost feel like that is realistic. I am playing on full simulation mode and really enjoying the game so far. I am also playing the Hurricanes in the Eastern Conference during the same franchise and am 1-1 with the Canes. My defense was way better as the Canes, but I don't feel that any opponent can be as tough as the Pens, so we will see.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2016, 12:54 AM   #59
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Can you guys comment on the dynamic attendance? Does it affect the crowd noise? Can you see empty seats?
Old 09-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #60
Just started!

When i'm trying to sign someone in free agent, they would say "i'm not even going to look at your offer" what does that mean? anyone know?
Old 09-23-2016, 02:16 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tins1276
When i'm trying to sign someone in free agent, they would say "i'm not even going to look at your offer" what does that mean? anyone know?
You made a rookie mistake there brother. I had the same issue in NHL 16 at the beginning.

This comes when you buy players from free agency and trade them too soon after buying them. Other free agents will then learn about this and most likely will not be interested in joining you. Some might join you though.

Give them a good 20~ games at least before trading them and this won't happen.

My current roster in Franchise mode is pretty decent imo, only waiting for our third line to develop a little. We're currently 45 games into the season and sitting on a third spot in the Catlantic division.

We acquired Joel Armia from the Jets for Lucas Lessio, Teubert and a 2017 3rd round draft pick. Also picked up Puempel, whom Ottawa for some reason placed on waivers. Puempel is a 79 overall sniper winger with a top 6 f potential and only 23 years old. We traded Henrik Haapala for Justin Fontaine on a decent one to one deal.

We also acquired some draft picks for trading Jakub Kindl, Sam Brittain, Mike McKenna who were not going to make the roster. We signed Quincey from free agency earlier this season, but he did not want to stay with us as he wanted a bigger role and did not allow Kampfer to play, so we also traded him for some draft picks. And last but not least we signed Joni Ortio from free agency to help our AHL team on a 2 year contract worth 1.225m a year.

Huberdeau 87 - Barkov 89 - Jagr 87
Jokinen 87 - Trocheck 85 - Smith 85
McCan 81 - Bjugstad 86 - Armia 81
Shaw 80 - MacKenzie 82 - Marchessault 81

More attackers: Sceviour 81, Fontaine 80, Thornton 77

Ekbla 88 - Yandle 85
Pysyk 82 - Demers 84
Petrovic 82 - Kampfer 81

Luongo 88
Reimer 83

Last edited by NinthFall; 09-23-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #62
Just started!

oooooooh ok thank so much
Old 09-23-2016, 04:49 PM   #63
Rookie

YakCityGaming's Arena

My Oilers go through the trade deadline! Adding Cody Franson on defence seems to have helped the team start winning clutch games!
Old 09-24-2016, 01:40 PM   #64
Rookie

dmh089's Arena

Anyone else simmed ahead multiple seasons to check out player progression? I'm about 8 years into my franchise, and have yet to see a "Franchise" potential player drafted by any team. I've been playing NHL's Be a GM Mode every year for a while, and always recall there being some computer generated "Franchise" potential players coming through the draft. There are a fair number of "Elite" potential players in every draft, but I have yet to see any turn into "Franchise". Just wondering if this is the case for anyone else...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »