Home

How Could Presentation Be Improved In NHL 18

This is a discussion on How Could Presentation Be Improved In NHL 18 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2017, 04:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
The commentary is very poor Doc's constant passive voice is so annoying. A second team could help break up the monotony, but I'll probably just keep it mute and play some tunes. Will probably pass though if no Frostbite for 18.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:58 PM   #10
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
NHL 17 is great and in some ways has the best presentation of any sports game in the market. Rookies going out on the ice alone for pregame skates, bobblehead night, etc.. The arenas are fans are terrific too.

There is always room for improvement though. Additional broadcast crews and some region/market-specific broadcast touches would be nice. I'd love to be able to put a player over the boards, into the bench too.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:27 PM   #11
Rookie

BoSox59's Arena

OVR: 0
I played my first game the other day and was disappointed with just how lifeless the arenas are - too much dead air, too little enthusiasm from Doc (there's something I never thought I'd write), and the music doesn't sound natural to what you'd hear at an arena. Custom music would go a long way towards solving this, but it just feels flat.

Also, can we please, please, PLEASE add bilingual PA announcers in Montreal? I don't want to sound like a pequiste, but hearing English-only just kills the realism and immersion. French PA announcers in Quebec stadiums would be great for QMJHL games, but that's a far second place to getting Montreal right.

Finally, I'm not a fan of the NBC overlays, probably because I don't watch NBC that much, but it also feels out of place when I'm using two Canadian teams. A well-executed generic overlay would be fine.

I also miss Jim Hughson. Just me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 10:04 PM   #12
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How Could Presentation Be Improved In NHL 18

Let us play the freaking all star game tournament as well
Old 02-06-2017, 10:12 PM   #13
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

During stoppages in play a ticker with out of town scores and also milestones. For example Ovechkin scores 50th goal, McDavid hits 1000 career points, Rangers clinch playoff spot etc. The type of things that a network might mention while broadcasting your game.

At a minimum these things should be shown in the intermission. We need our games to feel like they are part of a living league.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:12 PM   #14
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

FIX THE STANLEY CUP CUT SCENE!!! THE FANS SHOULD ALL BE STANDING AND GOING NUTS(ESPECIALLY IF THE FLYERS WON IT ON HOME ICE)....NOT SITTING THERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION!!

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 02-06-2017, 10:17 PM   #15
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Love the article!

Presentation took a decent step forward this year, but we do need MORE! More stat overlays, power plays need to show ranking in the league as well as penalty killing ranking, NBCSN has them so they should be in the game.

Bring back the music in between stoppages, arena unique music as well, would be nice. I used to love putting my own music into the game.

Would like to at least see a scoreboard from around the league or a ticker in between intermissions.

Need more commentary.. it gets stale so fast. They need to talk more about the game at hand and the players on the ice.

Agree on the arena stuff!!!

Also, those canned celebrations need to go..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2017, 10:27 PM   #16
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
FIX THE STANLEY CUP CUT SCENE!!! THE FANS SHOULD ALL BE STANDING AND GOING NUTS(ESPECIALLY IF THE FLYERS WON IT ON HOME ICE)....NOT SITTING THERE NOT PAYING ATTENTION!!
Wow, yeah. It's these types of things that add up.
We should be saying look at how some of the fans have their phones out recording the celebration or how the players are pointing to the crowd or how the visiting team fans have their hands over their face/shaking their head or things like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »