Home

Top 5 Changes Needed For NHL 18 Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Top 5 Changes Needed For NHL 18 Franchise Mode within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #9
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
Old 03-29-2017, 06:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Top 5 Changes Needed For NHL 18 Franchise Mode

Fully editable Franchise Mode. Like the Show, NBA 2k, Madden 17. Until Its In, I stay away. Roster Sharing, give the Community the Tools and they do the work. Team builder where u can edit Goalie masks and Jerseys. U could do that as a DLC.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:57 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Ability to play shorter seasons!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #12
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
1. boxscores to view when you click the scores on the calendar
2. some type of NHL tonite highlite show or highlites during games ( like nhl 93)
3. league leaders section
4. ability to edit NHL player names- like the 2k series
5. fantasy draft with all fictional players
6.more injuries during simmed games. Seems like if you look at other teams stats almost every guy is playing at least 75+ games. need more cpu callups due to injuries etc
Definitely some needed things.

I thought I was going to get NHL 17 since I hadn't gotten a Hockey game in a few years, but it felt so limited after playing NBA 2K. Hopefully these guys played that game a little to see all of the options/customization that is possible.

I can create teams with my logos, re-align divisions, click on box scores, player stats, league leaders, history stats, and more that NHL needs.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:06 PM   #13
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
You all are coming up with some terrific suggestions!
Old 04-01-2017, 04:20 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think they need to completely redo HUT , I do not know how many times I start in Div 10 with my 1-2 NHL players and the other crap players (I refuse to spend a crazy amount of money on player/players) and I am playing against what seems to be the Helen Kellers of online NHL and I lose. I hate seeing Div 10 guys with Crosby , Ovechkin , Burns , Kessels , etc..... they went and bought their team on day 1 and its unfair for people who are not nerdy and want to actually build their team (which is what the mode is intended for). Once you get into the highers divisions if you have not went out and spent a bunch of money you have no chance. They should incorporate a salary Cap for your team and you build you team with players being a certain amount depending on skill.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:28 AM   #15
MVP

Total rebranding as in NBA 2k
Editable player names as to create classic seasons
Roster sharing!!!
70's era goalie masks, equipment and ability for players to skate without helmets
Ability to create your own goalie mask art work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2017, 04:45 AM   #16
Just started!

Make online option for it, aka GMC.

It was a great idea but not very well executed. Problem was they havent made any improvements to it in future iterations.

I already messaged them with some ideas for GMC or whatever they want to call it. The mode was great to play in a competitive organized league. I wouldn`t mind if they keep it simple for 18 and improve it each year. Real improvements though. The game mode should be strictly 1vs1 at the beginning, we already have EASHL for more.

1) Faster menu and advances, nothing was more painful then trying to look for player details and it took you 5 minutes to do it. Advances to next rotation were very slow, it would take 2 hours to sim whole season.

2) Sliders. Adjustable both before and after creation of the league.

3) Co commissioners. Sometimes running a league with 30 people in it can become overwhelming, let commissioner appoint couple of people who will help with running the league. They would have all the power of commissioner except they couldn`t kick him or promote other people so we avoid someone taking over the league over night.

4) Player progression needs to change completely. No more guessing which player will jump and which one will stay the same overall even though they have the same potential. Give us player training, doesnt need to be a real training in the beginning just a sim kind of training like in Be a Pro now, so we can select players we want to develop and put that XP where we want. Physical attributes should cost a lot more so we avoid players with 99 speed and 99 strength. Also attributes should cost more as player gets older. Amount of XP you can get from training and games should depend on players potential and potential could change based on players performance. End of season awards should give XP too and they would be the main factor for changing players potential.

5) Team relocation. This one is optional, if its in the game great if its not wouldnt be a problem. One of those things that should be in improvements for future games.

These are just a couple of things that would make this mode a really good mode in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »