Home

Top 5 Changes Needed For NHL 18 Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Top 5 Changes Needed For NHL 18 Franchise Mode within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2017, 05:27 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Top 5 Changes Needed For NHL 18 Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
To me it is definitely not as big of a deal that they add coaches or GM personalities as it is that they capture the drama and storylines of each season.

Yes, getting contract extensions and RFA rules right and including more drama and excitement around key dates like July 1 and TDL are things they should already be looking at. No brainers.

But for me, what the game seriously lacks is that feeling when you're top center scores his 50th goal with 1 or 2 left in the season and everyone goes nuts. And the announcers have been talking about will he hit 50, etc. or when you pass the other player who has 50 with 2 goals in the final game of the season to win the scoring race. Same thing with wildcard races for the playoffs. Calder trophy potentials. There are no storylines. They need to keep (improve) the core hockey experience but slightly RPG it so that there are actual STORIES that go with each year of your franchise. If you start a franchise with the Oilers, the bulk of those 25 years are going to revolve around the legacy of Conor McDavid and the young Oilers. What will the story be? Will McDavid dominate and rip off 5-6 Hart Trophies in a row? Will the Oilers young team develop into a dynasty? Will McDavid be cursed with injury issues? Will someone like Eichel or Matthews develop to be the Ovechkin to McDavid's Crosby, where year after year they're neck and neck in the scoring race? If the top two scorers meet in the playoffs or the finals, will the announcers make a big deal about the matchup? That's what the game needs.
to me none of that stuff matters... as far as the goal/point races go, and a player taking the scoring lead, i tend to track that stuff myself anyway.

and when i play NHL I am typically listening to music, or a podcast as a play so the announcing is really irrelevant to me
Old 05-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #34
Rookie

All your ideas are so excellent ... if only EA could read this topic ...
My priorities are:
- the speed of the menus ... that's really what made me stop playing this year
- boxscore, stats, 3 stars from the schedule
- sharing roster
- real differences between players
- more strategies during the match

Come on EA, go back to work!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:34 AM   #35
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

For me one little change I would like to see is this: I play offline and try to imatate the season of my team the red wings so when a wing gets injured I am forced to send him to the minors and bring up the person they bring up but if you could put the injured player in injury mode I guess you would call it it would make things so much simpler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #36
Rookie

Deucemonkey23's Arena

I don't post at all here, but read a hell of alot here and if there's just ONE thing that would improve the game drastically would be roster sharing. The other wishes are some good, some on that "Ehh, yeah Okay." level and some just silly to me, but roster sharing is by far the best thing that could happen to this great game . I know there are some amazing people ready to do what I love when it comes to playing MLB The Show. Roster Sharing should be at the top of Everyones wish list.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:34 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Ability to play shorter seasons!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I agree

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #38
Pro

Id like to have the ability to change length of the season , every other sports game has it

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-14-2017, 10:30 PM   #39
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Big one for me that really bothers me with 17 is the inability to invite a friend to play coop with. I'm almost 40 as are my friends, wifes, kids, responsibilities. But we used to play GM Connect at night a few times a week.

Give me the option to at least invite them, like NHL 2k10 introduced, to my franchise to choose a position and play if they happen to be online. That would be a day one buy for me.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNT
Custom draft classes and an expansion mode ala NBA 2k17
On a similar note, I really hope EA takes advantage of this year with Las Vegas and gives us options of when to start our franchise like they did in other past sports games. I'd love the ability to start with Las Vegas before the draft so I can make all of the picks. It would also be great to have options where we can choose if the teams lock off all of the players they really did in real life or let the AI choose the players to lock so that the draft pool may be slightly different.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »