Home

NHL 18 Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Teaser Trailer within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2017, 08:42 PM   #25
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 18 Teaser Trailer

Fundamentals? Where's the fun in that? Here's more dekes! I'm not even trying to troll, that's what the trailer said verbatim. I really wish someone would make a defensive minded hockey game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

That trailer has to be one of the worst ever. I don't know any more about the game now than I did before I watched it. As I listened to "get the puck deep....", I thought, good, maybe it'll be worthwhile to dump the puck in like in real hockey. Then about "make the simple play", I thought good, nothing flashy, just good straight up sim hockey. Then I heard "where's the fun in that?". Complete buzzkill. The narration led to an NHL arcade game and the trailer showed nothing exciting. The whole trailer is disappointing and uninspiring. The problem is, I like hockey, so I'll probably break down and get it.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:38 PM   #27
Rookie

ps2sportgamer's Arena

OVR: 5

Madden has three game types, so maybe they just added an arcade alternative. I still think there's a possibility they improved the core game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #28
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2sportgamer
Madden has three game types, so maybe they just added an arcade alternative. I still think there's a possibility they improved the core game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHL has had all of those game types for years. Including "arcade" and"hardcore simulation."
Old 06-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #29
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm with everyone, worst choice of words for a teaser. I'm hoping it's not the ACTUAL vision they are leaning to now, hockey is much more than dangles.

What they should've done is actually show the smart plays [dump and forecheck, chip of the boards to yourself, saucer pass etc.] in that moment and THEN end with that dangle. At least then you would have a true representation of the game and still be sizzly enough for newbies.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anyone else think having your mouthguard hanging out of your mouth during play should be an equipment violation with a 2 minute penalty? I'm a Flames fan and it drives me nuts when Matthew Tkachuk chews on his the entire game... It's supposed to protect your teeth and brain, not assuage your A.D.D.

Also, this trailer was super depressing as a fan of fundamental hockey. And the great new feature is of course an old feature that they previously removed and are adding back in.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:31 PM   #31
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5

Vegas!!!!Vegas!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2017, 01:31 AM   #32
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Gotta love the old wonky desperation save animation. At least it's not like last year, where they put a total speed warp right into one of the trailers, but still, the physics don't seem right.

Not gonna judge based on a trailer made for two and a half months before the game. Hoping further trailers will be more substantial deep-dives.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »