Home

NHL 18 Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Teaser Trailer within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #41
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 18 Teaser Trailer

Is it me or did it look like he is chewing on his mouth piece?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9982.jpg (154.0 KB, 103 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 02:19 AM   #42
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

He is. Tons of the younger players do it these days. I think Patrick Kane pioneered the trend.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:25 AM   #43
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Not for nothing but if they have chewing mouth pieces in the game but no 5 man celebration or basic roster share that has been in most sports games for years now, that will be one big kick in the nads
Old 06-09-2017, 09:00 AM   #44
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Not for nothing but if they have chewing mouth pieces in the game but no 5 man celebration or basic roster share that has been in most sports games for years now, that will be one big kick in the nads
I agree 1000000%. Great point with the 5 man celebration. Rammer, Ben Ross, etc have been saying they haven't had them in yet because you get some awkward animations when small player and tall players get together.

I really don't care what the excuse is anymore, it is a HUGE part of hockey. Seeing 2 players celebrate and the other 3 standing around doing the same animation over and over and then skating towards the bench is inexcusable going into year FOUR. Enough of the excuses. Worry about the BASICS before adding mouth guards. 2K basketball did it last year because they have pretty much done everything else right(with some needed fixes here and there).

I would even take a 5 man cutscene these days instead of the 2 man celebration as long as it has many different scenes. The 2 man has to go and judging from that trailer, the 2 man is STILL IN...ugh
Old 06-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

I love NHL 17. Just getting that out there. Its the best NHL game Ive played by far.

NHL 18 better have boxscores in the calendar this year.
better have a league leaders section
better have roster sharing

Id also like them to add some game highlites to games you sim- if they dont ever plan on showing out of town hoghlites.
Like if I sim a game and go to the game tracker, let me see some generic goal and save highlites. Nothing fancy- at least show something. so I can see how the goals were scored. And some key save highlites
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 24

I'm honestly amazed that EA's marketing team thought this would be a good teaser trailer. The copy, the visuals, everything is really rough, not to mention the obvious dig at people who have been asking for them to make a "more realistic" hockey game. Someone else said it earlier - why decide to alienate some of your fanbase in a teaser trailer? Just totally unnecessary.

Last edited by tyler289; 06-09-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:07 PM   #47
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1

Maybe it's just the screen grab, but the colors look a bit washed out, especially if you view it compared to the other screens on the OS site. The Maple Leaf blue seems kind of faded. Again, could just be the screenshot, but it keeps nagging at me.

This trailer feels like a waste of time and money. It's a box to check for the marketing department. Its only real hint is that deking is probably going to play a prominent role in the '18 version. I get that it's just a teaser trailer, but it didn't entice me to know more. I'm almost dreading the feature list.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »