Home

NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansion

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansion within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #73
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansio

Everything is sounding great! Looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-25-2017, 09:27 AM   #74
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansio

I see some are excited about 3 on 3 but I wish they would focus more on things that have been asked for for years. For instance if many want roster sharing and you don't have the time because of the short cycle and a team that is not big enough put that back into the hands of those that are willing to do it. Now I don't know anything about code or programming but I don't see the series moving in the right direction here. It pains me to see this. I am strictly an offline player and I will purchase this of course it's hockey after all and I did have fun after 2 months of tweaking sliders but not very much in immersion and it looks like it will be even worse this year so disappointing but I will remain forever hopeful it gets more polish this next installment but it is moving at a very small pace and its is getting very frustrating to continue on. IMO 3 on 3 was delevloped because the lag online is bad and they wanted to get rid of players that they have to code to get it to operate correctly.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:45 AM   #75
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
I see some are excited about 3 on 3 but I wish they would focus more on things that have been asked for for years. For instance if many want roster sharing and you don't have the time because of the short cycle and a team that is not big enough put that back into the hands of those that are willing to do it. Now I don't know anything about code or programming but I don't see the series moving in the right direction here. It pains me to see this. I am strictly an offline player and I will purchase this of course it's hockey after all and I did have fun after 2 months of tweaking sliders but not very much in immersion and it looks like it will be even worse this year so disappointing but I will remain forever hopeful it gets more polish this next installment but it is moving at a very small pace and its is getting very frustrating to continue on. IMO 3 on 3 was delevloped because the lag online is bad and they wanted to get rid of players that they have to code to get it to operate correctly.
My thoughts on EA's NHL have been this for a while now: the developers may well want to do all of these cool things we want, but EA's corporate team only wants things that are going to increase the audience and translate to more money. This means more arcade type fun that anyone can pick up in a few minutes, and the online modes that get people dropping money on card packs.

Roster sharing would be nice for some, but I doubt EA sees it doing anything but costing them money on their backend as they pay for server space that just sits there sending out files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 08:02 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wonder will we be able to create a team, fill the roster out, and use that as the 32nd team instead of going through the expansion draft.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:54 PM   #77
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
I love Customization. The Expansion draft sounds fun and interesting.

Hopefully the NHL makers played some NBA 2K (MyLeague), where you have so much ability to create things your way and got some ideas from it.

*Things I want in the Game - Edit/Create Draft Classes - Replace Multiple Teams - Created Team Templates - Editing Players - And More

Last edited by spoofrice11; 06-28-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #78
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I feel like there are people are taking this to a point where the EA NHL team can't win.

I want so much out of this game, but some of these complaints are frankly unreasonable. If you're not buying the game because you can't add more than 1 expansion team (besides LV) it doesn't sound to me like you ever actually had an intention to give the game a chance in the 1st place.

3 vs 3 doesn't indicate the game is going arcade, but it allows for a faster paced online game for those who are more casual fans or those who don't have time to sink into an EASHL franchise full time. It frankly looks quite enjoyable.

That doesn't mean the game is going arcade, and you know that just by looking at the new Defensive Skill Stick.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 7

So will there be online Franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-04-2017, 12:41 AM   #80
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Looks like not. Really hate that it won't be in too, but you can have multiple teams it seems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »