Home

NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansion

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansion within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 09:34 AM   #41
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansio

The trailer and all this info really doesn't give us an idea of any gameplay improvements. I'm not optimistic there will be much difference from last years game in many areas including game play. It seems as if much of the attention and focus of NHL 18 was on this arcadey 3-3 and adding in expansion. Everything aside from minor tweaks will most likely be the same. I would rather the resources went to making a better overall Hockey experience but I think EA is done trying to do that. My take

Only minor gameplay tweaks to the existing modes
No roster share
No custom music

Not good....and I would very much like to point out that if we can create an expansion team, create an arena, create a logo, create Jerseys, and even a mascot but my goalie has to wear an existing NHL or plain mask, I'm going to laugh and cry into my coffee....I mean really? We can create an entire mascot but no mask editor. EA always showing that they just don't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #42
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansio

Yea, it is early in terms of news so I am holding out hope for a stronger deeper franchise mode. All it really needs is...Roster Share, an combination of season mode/franchise mode where you can run a 31 team league, play every game in the league, and the ability to change every teams strategies. I was hoping once they dropped the use of "BeAGM" and used franchise mode we would begin to see a shift to a more open mode. Fingers crossed.

I like the addition of in season contract extensions and expansion, however, I hope they expanded on relocation by giving users the option to build a new arena in an existing market BEFORE choosing relocation, if the existing city is willing to negotiate a new arena deal.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #43
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Looks like still the same old Franchise mode. Very disappointing. Another year of no new hockey game for me, sadly.
Franchise got some love.

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 06-22-2017, 09:57 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Looks like they are giving franchise mode some love. Renewing contracts, expansion draft. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:10 AM   #45
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickflyers
Franchise got some love.

See, now that's what I'm talking about. That's some good solid info and sounds like some good progress to franchise mode there.

It doesn't fit the glitz and glamor of the marketing dept's releases to push sales, but that's the stuff folks here are looking for.

Thanks for posting that. That's encouraging to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 1

Why are people freaking out about no roster share? It's not exactly a feature they would put on the back of the box. They only laid out major things in this trailer. If roster sharing is in the game, it's something we would find out about later. Roster sharing would be a great feature but it's not something you send Pierre McGuire out to babble about. We don't know that it won't be a feature in NHL 18.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 24

Hard to be excited about most of these features, but hopeful that the game has more "emotion" with the focus on young players.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #48
Pro

rjviking11's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnlarge
Why are people freaking out about no roster share? It's not exactly a feature they would put on the back of the box. They only laid out major things in this trailer. If roster sharing is in the game, it's something we would find out about later. Roster sharing would be a great feature but it's not something you send Pierre McGuire out to babble about. We don't know that it won't be a feature in NHL 18.
We've been waiting for roster share since the beginning of next gen,especially when nearly every other sports game has it, we're just frustrated.
NCAAF- West Virginia Mountaineers
NCAAB- West Virginia Mountaineers

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »