Home

NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansion

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansion within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansio

do they at least have a league leaders section in franchise now???
Old 06-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 18 Features 3-on-3 NHL THREES Mode, Creative Attack Controls, League Expansio

any new leagues ?
Old 06-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Some very nice features. I know a lot of people that will like the Expansion mode.
Three on Three sounds fun too. I know I'd play that a lot.
I'll wait to see how much better the AI is though.

The one thing I'm dying for them to add is incorporating all the leagues in every mode.
Why can't I be the GM of a CHL team? Or a European team?
Why can't I play Be A Pro and potentially have to play my way out of European leagues in order to get a contract from the NHL?

FIFA has all of this and more. Why can't the NHL team do the same?
Old 06-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's horrible that there are some guys out there "liking" it. I don't get it...

The series stagnated for several years now.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:27 PM   #61
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

I haven't bought an NHL game since 14.

This has me looking forward to this one.

However, it is EA. One must always keep their guard up with them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 05:55 PM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honni
It's horrible that there are some guys out there "liking" it. I don't get it...

The series stagnated for several years now.
In my opinion, the reason the game has stagnated is that they pretty much made the most realistic hockey game that instill fun to play. Now all we get are requests for more things that alienate the latest base of sports gamers, which are casuals.

All NHL hockey games sold and played better when they were less realistic, as games that were faster and more violent than real life. It's what made hockey games more popular than the actual sport, yet it still turned fans of those games into fans of the sport.

While I will play some Play Now and Tournament mode games, I bet I end up playing 3 on 3 90% of the time. It looks fun as hell.

I think EA would do well to move both the NHL and NBA games into more arcade style play. Suddenly, they would start drawing in regular gamers again and crow the category.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:40 PM   #63
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

I hope you can skip the training of you choose. I hate the years you have to do the tutor sections first.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-22-2017, 09:09 PM   #64
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
In my opinion, the reason the game has stagnated is that they pretty much made the most realistic hockey game that instill fun to play. Now all we get are requests for more things that alienate the latest base of sports gamers, which are casuals.

All NHL hockey games sold and played better when they were less realistic, as games that were faster and more violent than real life. It's what made hockey games more popular than the actual sport, yet it still turned fans of those games into fans of the sport.

While I will play some Play Now and Tournament mode games, I bet I end up playing 3 on 3 90% of the time. It looks fun as hell.

I think EA would do well to move both the NHL and NBA games into more arcade style play. Suddenly, they would start drawing in regular gamers again and crow the category.
I've got to respectfully disagree. They made steps forward in how you controlled the game of hockey, and reaped the rewards of that. The game's been stagnant for people because of their embrace of the arcade side of things, in my opinion.

The game has been focusing more and more on cool visuals, big checks, and drawing people to the online modes for probably the last 3 to 5 years, and it's been at the expense of the other game modes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »