Home

NHL 18 Gameplay Trailer: Creative Attack Dekes, Defensive Skill Stick, Creative AI

This is a discussion on NHL 18 Gameplay Trailer: Creative Attack Dekes, Defensive Skill Stick, Creative AI within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2017, 06:58 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 33
Personally I actually enjoy the current NHL game in terms of Gameplay. What I want to see is Improved Presentation/Commentary & a sleeker & more informative menu system.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Me being a goalie I am hoping like last year they add new mask designs *as goalie mask designer I think seems impossible for them to implement . I also wished we could play 3s in eashl but with the smaller rinks like in the first trailer and finally my wish would be the final unlockable stadium in eashl would be the outdoor classic that would be Kool right . I'm gonna buy the game anyway*
Old 07-13-2017, 08:53 PM   #19
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 18 Gameplay Trailer: Creative Attack Dekes, Defensive Skill Stick, Creative A

I could care less about 3v3.. I'm blah about this years game even though I'll get it.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:02 PM   #20
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 18 Gameplay Trailer: Creative Attack Dekes, Defensive Skill Stick, Creative A

For me, the stuff that is apparently in this year's game that they aren't talking about are the most exciting things.

The franchise improvements like re-worked CPU-generated rookies, improved player progression, and mid-season contract extensions sound really good.

A larger ratings spread between NHL players (75-94) is an extremely welcome addition. I still wish they would use the entire 1-99 ratings scale in order to get even more separation, but this is a good start.

The stuff they have showed in the trailers does not really interest me. Hopefully the behind-the-scenes improvements will be enough to make me buy this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-14-2017, 04:50 AM   #21
Rookie

Northernwolf's Arena

More of the same..

Threes, dekes, spamming top shelf shots and whaling goalie animations (that really start to look old).

Despite this and the "reveal" of the new jerseys, I still have some hope that this NHL 18 will have some stuff in it that will continue to improve on the model they were building in last years game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2017, 06:59 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
Still Reebok jerseys in trailer
Old 07-14-2017, 08:16 AM   #23
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I guess I don't really get the purpose of the offensive passing AI changes. All NHL is already is a fire a pass to center ice or the far blue and enter the zone by yourself. Then take a shot from the slot because the AI defense allows you to walk in. I mean it's the same issue every year. If they made AI changes to defense then we would be talking about something great. Maybe they did but didn't mention it, but I highly doubt they did.

As others have said the goalies are terrible. It's the same unrealistic animations every year. Finally people are starting to notice because over the last few years when a few of us talked about it, the majority said goalies weren't a large issue.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 07-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #24
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

a part of the bla bla bla bla of the speeches the game looks like the same of the last 5 year*approximately... pure marketing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »