Home

I Hate To Make A Post Like This, But Would Like People's Opinions. Lag Switch?

This is a discussion on I Hate To Make A Post Like This, But Would Like People's Opinions. Lag Switch? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2016, 03:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I Hate To Make A Post Like This, But Would Like People's Opinions. Lag Switch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv9GcheBEVk
First of all, I'm ashamed to say, I rage quit this sub. I never do that, and I really regret it even with this one, shoulda sucked it up. Now, that being said.
Note how in the standup, there is no lag at all. He parries me a couple of times, I'm throwing combos, so is he, back n forth fight.
He then takes me down. I block his attempt at a Kimura (proving I am able to block atm, no lag). Get to half guard, he feints, gets me, back to side control, I block another transition, back to HG.
Now, at this point I guess his feint and hit a reversal. The moment I hit that, there is a huge lag spike. Only one side is getting thrown when I'm in mount when I'm actually pressing the other hands button when the strikes get thrown. He then goes for 3 very easy, obvious transitions in a continuous motion. I know how to block all of these, he had no GA, and less stamina than me. Not a single block registered. He then throws up a triangle that takes a long time to throw up with his stamina, I once again blatantly block it but get no credit.
Now the sub... the video cant really convey it but I had literally no chance in the sub. I was a good sec and a half behind him When you see me trying to fill down in the vid, I'm actually trying to flick between two but its staying solid on one
Anyway, I hate to make a post like this. I just really wanna know, am I unlucky, or was this guy using a lag switch, or manipulating the connection in some other way?
Once again, I apologise for rage quitting the sub. Just in that moment, I was furious lol genuinely couldn't believe how quickly the lag started n I lost.
TY for reading anyway

I also should mention, he sent me a msg afterwards saying "hahahahah" but that might be because I rage quit lol

Edit - Im the one in black shorts, red gloves

Last edited by SpartanZombieXD; 08-18-2016 at 03:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 03:45 AM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: I Hate To Make A Post Like This, But Would Like People's Opinions. Lag Switch?

I haven't but can do it with my tablet which is at my side.

I tried it in first game just to see.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:47 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: I Hate To Make A Post Like This, But Would Like People's Opinions. Lag Switch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I haven't but can do it with my tablet which is at my side.

I tried it in first game just to see.
Wrong thread? :P Confuddled lol
Old 08-18-2016, 03:48 AM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

It can be done with a mobile, don't need a physical switch
Old 08-18-2016, 03:53 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
It can be done with a mobile, don't need a physical switch
Oh I apologise, I see. Couldn't make sense of it lol. Well at least its actually possible :/ Such a convenient time for it to happen for him, I knew something must be going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2016, 06:30 AM   #6
Rookie

that s why i give up on subs.
or cant rly defend them even with high def stats sometimes.
game switches to different netcode or lag compensation or what on sub minigame so while standup etc got slighty polished netcode/compensation/rubber banding sub mini game has some other crap which favours laggers and people from foreign countries.
as i host i feel delayed and at disadvantage.

i can blame comcast or Ea or both
but other xbox games doesnt have this problem
Old 08-18-2016, 06:34 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshighwayman
that s why i give up on subs.
or cant rly defend them even with high def stats sometimes.
game switches to different netcode or lag compensation or what on sub minigame so while standup etc got slighty polished netcode/compensation/rubber banding sub mini game has some other crap which favours laggers and people from foreign countries.
as i host i feel delayed and at disadvantage.

i can blame comcast or Ea or both
but other xbox games doesnt have this problem
The issues you talka bout would affect the match from the beginning of it and standup would be affected.

This is the lag starting only when the person realises they don't have an easy opponent lol :P I
Old 08-18-2016, 06:50 AM   #8
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

This was not a lag switch at all.

The triangle submission works this way, it's too OP(small denial window and a small ammount of delay breaks the denial window of it making it impossible to block most of the times)

If u wanna see a lag switch in action i suggest looking at a vid i made about 3-4 months ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OlLd9Rz7Ag

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »