Home

Questions? Need advice? Ask me anything!

This is a discussion on Questions? Need advice? Ask me anything! within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2017, 03:46 PM   #1
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

OVR: 0
Questions? Need advice? Ask me anything!

I talked with one of the admins about making a thread where I could answer questions from the community about the game. There's a lot of scattered information & questions on these forums and while I don't have the time to make a bunch of tutorials, it would be nice to have a place I can give back and help the community understand the game as well as possible.

Few things to consider:

Try to avoid very basic / broad questions. I get people all the time asking "How do I get better at striking?" Kinda hard to give a specific answer to. A better way to ask would be, "What is the most important aspect to understand when it comes to striking?"

I assume pretty much everyone knows the basics of the game by now so I'd like for this to be a more advanced discussion. The more specific of a question, the more concrete answer I can give.

Ask me anything!

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 01-20-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Re: Questions? Need advice? Ask me anything!

when someone has you against the cage and tries to throw you but you deny it,then try your own and they block it and manage to throw you on the second attemp why does it seem impossible to block it?i kind of feels like the turn based grapple system is back there in a way?And also what would you suggest be the best time to go for a take down as i seem to get constantly stuff and when i even pre emtively deny a takedown i see coming they sometimes still get me down? thanks for your help and sorry if my questions seem stupid.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA
when someone has you against the cage and tries to throw you but you deny it,then try your own and they block it and manage to throw you on the second attemp why does it seem impossible to block it?i kind of feels like the turn based grapple system is back there in a way?And also what would you suggest be the best time to go for a take down as i seem to get constantly stuff and when i even pre emtively deny a takedown i see coming they sometimes still get me down? thanks for your help and sorry if my questions seem stupid.

Basically, prior to when they attempt to throw you, there is no GA (unless there was a previously blocked transition). So you block the throw, therefore you get GA (lets say 50%). Now when you throw them, you have a faster throw because of the 50% GA gained previously. If they block that throw, they then get the GA you previously had, so it's just as fast as the one you attempted.

In other words, the throw YOU do (after block) is the same speed as the second throw they do (the one that works). You just have to be as fast as they were. It's pretty quick, you can either react to it (if you are fast) or 100% flick it.

Keep in mind stamina and grappling stats also variables. If you have let's say Nate Diaz (terrible clinch stats) vs a Khabib, and you swap throw / denies, his second throw will be faster than your previous one because of the absurd stat disparity. None of them are "unblockable" although it may seem that way. *It's about recognizing the variables at play and then deciding what kind of deny you need to do in order to block it. (*Read more --> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-roster-2.html)

And yes, the clinch is very turn based unfortunately.

As far as take downs, use head sways. Sway back and then shoot when you slip a jab. The more strikes you make someone wiff prior to shooting = the more GA you get = faster take downs.

None of those are stupid questions man. Honestly the stuff I wanted to avoid was like "how do you deny guard" ect. Yours were perfectly valid, hope my answer makes sense

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 01-19-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

What's your thoughts on the rear superman and so many fighters having that and not basic overhand?
Old 01-19-2017, 11:17 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
What's your thoughts on the rear superman and so many fighters having that and not basic overhand?
I think whoever designed movesets needs a swift kick in the bum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #6
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

What does it mean when GA meter flashes?
Old 01-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #7
Rookie

CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA's Arena

Icon14 Re: Questions? Need advice? Ask me anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
Basically, prior to when they attempt to throw you, there is no GA (unless there was a previously blocked transition). So you block the throw, therefore you get GA (lets say 50%). Now when you throw them, you have a faster throw because of the 50% GA gained previously. If they block that throw, they then get the GA you previously had, so it's just as fast as the one you attempted.

In other words, the throw YOU do (after block) is the same speed as the second throw they do (the one that works). You just have to be as fast as they were. It's pretty quick, you can either react to it (if you are fast) or 100% flick it.

Keep in mind stamina and grappling stats also variables. If you have let's say Nate Diaz (terrible clinch stats) vs a Khabib, and you swap throw / denies, his second throw will be faster than your previous one because of the absurd stat disparity. None of them are "unblockable" although it may seem that way. *It's about recognizing the variables at play and then deciding what kind of deny you need to do in order to block it. (*Read more --> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-roster-2.html)

And yes, the clinch is very turn based unfortunately.

As far as take downs, use head sways. Sway back and then shoot when you slip a jab. The more strikes you make someone wiff prior to shooting = the more GA you get = faster take downs.

None of those are stupid questions man. Honestly the stuff I wanted to avoid was like "how do you deny guard" ect. Yours were perfectly valid, hope my answer makes sense
Nice one man i really appretiate your help with that and you explained it very well thankyou very much.

Is there any chance you might do a striking tutorial on youtube or even here?i remember you mentioning you might do one as well that would be very cool if you did
Old 01-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
What does it mean when GA meter flashes?
I (believe) it means at that split second you have "perfect" GA. Basically it's the highest your GA can reach.

I'm not positive though. I sent GPD a message, i'll edit this when he replies back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAINKUKAMUNGA
Nice one man i really appretiate your help with that and you explained it very well thankyou very much.

Is there any chance you might do a striking tutorial on youtube or even here?i remember you mentioning you might do one as well that would be very cool if you did
That is a possibility

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »