Home

EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #137
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA SPORTS™ UFC 3 is coming in early 2018 - Polygon

I'm not gonna say anything new, but more customisation, on everything.
Arenas, rings, career, fighters, etc, etc.

Also the submission mechanics need to change. I spent 4 hours trying to teach a blue belt BBJ girl how to do it, she just couldn't get the hang of it, and she's not the first.
Old 06-18-2017, 06:41 PM   #138
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan

Also the submission mechanics need to change. I spent 4 hours trying to teach a blue belt BBJ girl how to do it, she just couldn't get the hang of it, and she's not the first.
Man, I just can't stress it enough. I'm not sure how much people avoided sub offense in other MMA games but I see so many people with 100s of games under their belt with ZERO sub wins lol. It's not fun and there's no excitement behind it. Also, why do it when you can KO someone with just 3 ground strikes lol. Which brings me to another hopeful change for UFC 3 (which is technically the fans fault) and that's...the GnP.

Apparently it was more of a grind to finish via GnP in the beta, which is appropriate. But unfortunately beta players complained. It should be a grind to end a fight off GnP unless the fighter was already hurt in most circumstances. Then have it to where it's easier to setup subs when you do wear them down with GnP and viola! But please EA, give us a better sub system.

Then there's sweeps, no game seems to have this right. A sweep from bottom should never be as easy as doing one action and then automatically getting top position. This has bothered me since UFC Undisputed games. It has to take a chain of buttons or something. Really not a fan of all the one action sweeps in these games.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2017, 06:56 PM   #139
MVP

manliest_Man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan

Me personally, i never found the submission system difficult or hard to comprehend, but i was always dissatisfied at how unrealistically long it took to submit someone and the issues it had when lag/delay come into play for multiplayer.

With that said, i'd rather we had some sort of transitions based submission system, with physics such as the opponent's neck size or limb size etc. coming into play and also allowing us to strike/move/struggle manually while a submission is taking place, instead of being this disconnected from the sport, mini-game that determines whether someone dominates their opponent or not.

The whole "i input a transition and force my opponent and myself into a mini-game that has nothing to do with MMA" is something i am not very fond of.

Last edited by manliest_Man; 06-18-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #140
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Please just make the AI smarter and give us a highest difficulty that isn't a cakewalk.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #141
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
Please just make the AI smarter and give us a highest difficulty that isn't a cakewalk.
This is all I need as well. Better AI and sliders that we can crank up further than we would ever need to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 11:06 AM   #142
Rookie

Most important things for me.

1. Get rid of that GOD DAMN frozen wall when you hurt your opponent. You should be able to fluidly attack them.

2. Add as many animations as possible so it's not just a default animation for everything. Add as many techniques as you can there are techniques that haven't even been used yet in a UFC fight that will happen eventually. Jam them all in.

3. Waaaaaay more CAF slots. Let's get it to Fight Night/WWE level. Hell Fire Pro level. 100-500

4. Let us edit the ratings and everything you can with the existing fighters. The ratings you guys give are not perfect and become obsolete almost immediately as the sport organically moves forward after a patch.

5. More realism for simulation. More early knockouts if you are catching somebody flush with a headkick that is gonna do a lot more damage that what the fighters in the game now walk through. You have arcade settings for all the hokey stuff that seems to be made for online/e-sports.

Throw in a ton of sliders for us so we can make the experience work the way we want it. Obviously online is what it is.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #143
Rookie

Personally I think with the success that Tekken 7 is having on PC, I think EA would be a bit silly to miss out on the PC market this time around even if they just port it to PC.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:42 AM   #144
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by henda1988
Personally I think with the success that Tekken 7 is having on PC, I think EA would be a bit silly to miss out on the PC market this time around even if they just port it to PC.
That's about a billion times harder than you're making it sound. Right now they have to test the game on what, 4 hardware combos? On PC it's a basically infinite number. While a mainstream game like Madden isn't getting on PC I don't think you're going to see a niche game like UFC get anywhere close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »