Home

Need more competitiveness for this game

This is a discussion on Need more competitiveness for this game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:54 PM   #9
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need more competitiveness for this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its a new game, Dave. That new striking system is going to be a learning experience for everyone. Like most games, after a few weeks or months the cream will rise to the top but it will be interesting to see how the new system affects everyone.

FYI, there is a rumor going around that a UFC fighter and a top player played an very early version of the new game and that UFC fighter got a couple of wins over the top player....there is going to be an adjustment for all of us.
This was not me and it most definitely was not versus Dennis Bermudez.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:35 AM   #10
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG
This was not me and it most definitely was not versus Dennis Bermudez.
If the striking is headed in the direction im hoping/thinking it is, we can alll say goodbye to 10+ strike Killer Instinct combos.

Thank the MMA Gods.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 05-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #11
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____
If the striking is headed in the direction im hoping/thinking it is, we can alll say goodbye to 10+ strike Killer Instinct combos.

Thank the MMA Gods.
If the striking is realistic this time around, lots of players are going to get exposed. Hopefully the parry system is better too and it doesn't give them the easy route to offense it does in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #12
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haz____

Thank the MMA Gods.
THIS.

I am gonna be SO HAPPY if we get what we've been waiting for. I was never around during the golden days of EA MMA, only caught the tail end of UD3 online and stopped playing that ****show that was EA UFC 1 6-10 months after release and went back to UD3, EA UFC 2 is my first game where I've been good at it and super in depth with mechanics and up to date with all the news and discussion.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:16 PM   #13
MVP

Bigg Cee's Arena

It would have been cool just to have the LEC for just entertainment everytime there's a ppv. Even if it wasn't for anything but UT cards. Just having that with a leaderboard would have been a nice touch.

It could have been something a lil different then ranked. Almost like how the tournaments were every saturday and sunday for UFC 1. They could even have kept a full time leaderboard for the LEC to know how many wins overall you have and what your Avg. fight time is.

Last edited by Bigg Cee; 05-30-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:18 AM   #14
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

It would take something like more prizes for more players for me to really care about another LEC.

Say everyone that gets 35 wins get a digital coupon for a free blizzard or frosty. I could really get behind something like that.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:56 PM   #15
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

One thing that also still worries me about the striking is the striking speed when a fighter is out of range. All of a sudden fighters are striking like they are stuck in mud, whether they are quick or not. This has to go imo. Fighters don't just magically become slow cuz they are out of range. With all the talk of revamped striking, I hope this hasn't been overlooked. Realistic striking speed needs to be in place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2017, 04:51 PM   #16
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
One thing that also still worries me about the striking is the striking speed when a fighter is out of range. All of a sudden fighters are striking like they are stuck in mud, whether they are quick or not. This has to go imo. Fighters don't just magically become slow cuz they are out of range. With all the talk of revamped striking, I hope this hasn't been overlooked. Realistic striking speed needs to be in place.
This can be somewhat played around by utilizing lean striking, and dash strikes, which both give a speed boost to your start up strikes.

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »