Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.11 Available Now

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.11 Available Now within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Patch 1.11 Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Cee
What exactly is going on with people not being able to start the game after the patch?!

are you getting stuck on the main screen? or is the game just not loading up?
Not loading and I get an immediate error message. It was fixed after I reinstalled it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 05:44 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA UFC Update Version 1.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
The simple answer is that we're all busy working on a certain game we can't discuss right now.

Someone had to make a call on where our resources go.

You may not agree with the decision right now, but when this mystery game is released, you most likely will.

You could pay me 1 dollar to keep the fighter ratings updated. I don't understand how your group wouldn't have one guy keeping ratings updated for fighters at least.

I hope you guys come to your senses and allow us to edit the existing fighter's come the next release. Every other top sports game allows this.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #43
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGameGod
You could pay me 1 dollar to keep the fighter ratings updated. I don't understand how your group wouldn't have one guy keeping ratings updated for fighters at least.

I hope you guys come to your senses and allow us to edit the existing fighter's come the next release. Every other top sports game allows this.
Exactly. I don't see why they just don't let us do it in game since for some reason they can't have one guy ( this guy could be a fan of the game like me or SportsGameGod ) work on the updated records or stats ( that the ufc would approve of at least ) while you guys work on EA UFC 3.

I'd love an explanation 👃

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 06-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #44
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
Exactly. I don't see why they just don't let us do it in game since for some reason they can't have one guy ( this guy could be a fan of the game like me or SportsGameGod ) work on the updated records or stats ( that the ufc would approve of at least ) while you guys work on EA UFC 3.

I'd love an explanation 👃

These are likely the reasons:

1. The game doesnt have a roster file like games like Madden or NBA 2k. The roster is not a separate from the version of the game. So in order to update the roster, stats or records, they need to issue a patch. Patches costs the company thousands of dollars. So EA may not think its worth it to continue to patch a game a year after release (the only reason that this week's patch was released was because it fixed a bug that was making the game crash).

I think EA should just separate the roster so it can be updated without a patch.

2. No UFC game has ever allowed the user to change anything about licensed fighters. Not the games that were released on the PS2 and Saturn. Not the THQ games and not the EA games. I strongly believe that its a UFC thing given that Fight Night gave you the right to adjust EVERYTHING about a fighter and the Fight Night team is who is working on this game.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

1. The game doesnt have a roster file like games like Madden or NBA 2k. The roster is not a separate from the version of the game. So in order to update the roster, stats or records, they need to issue a patch. Patches costs the company thousands of dollars. So EA may not think its worth it to continue to patch a game a year after release (the only reason that this week's patch was released was because it fixed a bug that was making the game crash).

I think EA should just separate the roster so it can be updated without a patch.

2. No UFC game has ever allowed the user to change anything about licensed fighters. Not the games that were released on the PS2 and Saturn. Not the THQ games and not the EA games. I strongly believe that its a UFC thing given that Fight Night gave you the right to adjust EVERYTHING about a fighter and the Fight Night team is who is working on this game.

I'm sorry but that is all complete bull****.

Patches do not cost that much money when it's a simple adjustment to something that already exists. You tweak the stats in a file and upload it. The real cost i'm sure is adding a new fighter that they have to scan as they tend to have only a couple every few months. Gotta pay the fighter for his time, etc. I get all that but every single sports franchise allows you to edit the ratings and should. It is ridiculous at this stage to be leaning on some default ratings for offline/career mode that are completely inaccurate not long after the patches come through.

They are making money hand over fist with Ultimate Team in all of their sports games so the cost of a patch should be the least of their concerns. Once UFC3 rolls out they will get the UT dollars all over again so there is no excuse to shortcut the other aspects of the game.

Also can we please now fix the frozen wall when rocking an opponent? I've been yapping about that since release and it is such a poor mechanic added for back and forth longer lasting fight balance.

It's unrealistic and should only exist in an "arcade mode". Let's get some realism into simulation for us that enjoy a true to life as possible experience.

I love the game by the way and there is way more good than bad but the bad stands out and needs to be fixed.

Last edited by SportsGameGod; 06-23-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #46
Pro

TreJayMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Ok so why not give us a record update with the last patch? No one thought to at least give us a record update??

PSN: TreJay2000
Old 06-23-2017, 11:59 AM   #47
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGameGod
I'm sorry but that is all complete bull****.

Patches do not cost that much money when it's a simple adjustment to something that already exists. You tweak the stats in a file and upload it. The real cost i'm sure is adding a new fighter that they have to scan as they tend to have only a couple every few months. Gotta pay the fighter for his time, etc. I get all that but every single sports franchise allows you to edit the ratings and should. It is ridiculous at this stage to be leaning on some default ratings for offline/career mode that are completely inaccurate not long after the patches come through.

They are making money hand over fist with Ultimate Team in all of their sports games so the cost of a patch should be the least of their concerns. Once UFC3 rolls out they will get the UT dollars all over again so there is no excuse to shortcut the other aspects of the game.

Also can we please now fix the frozen wall when rocking an opponent? I've been yapping about that since release and it is such a poor mechanic added for back and forth longer lasting fight balance.

It's unrealistic and should only exist in an "arcade mode". Let's get some realism into simulation for us that enjoy a true to life as possible experience.

I love the game by the way and there is way more good than bad but the bad stands out and needs to be fixed.
- Patches cost money to submit to MS and Sony. This is an old article but back in the 360/PS3 days it cost $40,000 for each patch. Dont know if its less or more expensive now but it costs money.

http://kotaku.com/5884842/wait-it-co...a-console-game.

- You are completely wrong about how they add fighters to the game. You think they scan every fighter in the game?

- I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just telling you the likely reason why updates dont take place as often as other games and why the you cant edit ratings. I would love if the roster was editable. That would completely change the game for me.

With that said, there has to be a reason why no UFC game roster has ever been editable. I dont think you can lay this on EA given that ALL of their other games allow you to edit the roster.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
Ok so why not give us a record update with the last patch? No one thought to at least give us a record update??

To be honest, I think they are all in on UFC 3 at this point and didnt even think to do it. Also most people dont care about the records at this point. You and I do but most dont. The patch was an online focused patch to fix that bug and thats it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »