Home

3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind video)

This is a discussion on 3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind video) within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #33
Rookie

EightBall1997's Arena

OVR: 0
3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind video)

I really hope we can edit movesets for all fighters for offline, because we all know some fighters movesets were inaccurate in UFC 2

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #34
Banned

Re: 3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
EA has only released 2 UFC games and has had the license for 5 yrs.
EA MMA, 1
EA UFC, 2
EA UFC 2, 3
EA UFC 3, 4

that is 4 games and none of them have the basic fundamentals from Knockout Kings Series, Fight Night, Fight Night Round 2, Fight Night Round 3, Fight Night Round 4, Fight Night Champion

Sorry but you can't keep making excuses that this is some kind of "new, revolutionary" concept when EA has been working at this for over 15 years and has very poor striking to show for it. It makes No Sense
Old 08-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #35
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: 3 Things EA Sports UFC 3 Could Learn From Fight Night Champion! (MartialMind vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thqtank
EA MMA, 1
EA UFC, 2
EA UFC 2, 3
EA UFC 3, 4

that is 4 games and none of them have the basic fundamentals from Knockout Kings Series, Fight Night, Fight Night Round 2, Fight Night Round 3, Fight Night Round 4, Fight Night Champion

Sorry but you can't keep making excuses that this is some kind of "new, revolutionary" concept when EA has been working at this for over 15 years and has very poor striking to show for it. It makes No Sense
One, EA UFC and EA MMA were created by completely different dev teams, in different countries and shared little if any resources. Two, you havent played or seen UFC 3 so you have no idea what striking is like. You have no idea if it has the "basic fundamentals" of past games (its comical that you included some of the earlier FNs that didnt have those fundamentals). You have no idea if the new striking is "new or revolutionary"

You havent seen it or played it. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #36
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
I mean, its nice to hear the Fight Night developers are still around but what difference does it really make when they completely ignore that franchises' strong mechanics. Boxing is not MMA but some of that stuff should have been in there since day 1.

If they are not going to utilize what they learned from that franchise then the history hardly matters. I definitely can't say striking in the first 2 games shows anything about their lengthy history with fighting games.

Spoiler
You dont need to spoiler it. I think the GCs and GPD have been very clear that the mechanics for UFC 3 are different. We just havent gone into the details yet.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
One, EA UFC and EA MMA were created by completely different dev teams, in different countries and shared little if any resources. Two, you havent played or seen UFC 3 so you have no idea what striking is like. You have no idea if it has the "basic fundamentals" of past games (its comical that you included some of the earlier FNs that didnt have those fundamentals). You have no idea if the new striking is "new or revolutionary"

You havent seen it or played it. You have no idea what you are talking about.
EA UFC literally uses animations from EA MMA, ask GPD
Old 08-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #38
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
EA UFC literally uses animations from EA MMA, ask GPD
I said they used "little if any" resources. I'm not saying that there were no animations from EA MMA to UFC 1. I'm saying that the LARGE majority where from mocap that they did. The mocap that they have done for EVERY version of the game.

Going off of GPD's twitter and things I was actually present for, I would bet they've had 7-10 mocap sessions this year on striking alone. There were plenty of mocap sessions for UFC 1 and 2 (even though 2's mostly focused on grappling because that was the big addition). You honestly think that they are still using EA MMA animations at this point? Really?

Look man, if you want to count UFC as a descendent of EA MMA, have at it. You would be wrong but just looking at all of your posts since you got here, you dont seem to mind being wrong.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:24 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
I said they used "little if any" resources. I'm not saying that there were no animations from EA MMA to UFC 1. I'm saying that the LARGE majority where from mocap that they did. The mocap that they have done for EVERY version of the game.

Going off of GPD's twitter and things I was actually present for, I would bet they've had 7-10 mocap sessions this year on striking alone. There were plenty of mocap sessions for UFC 1 and 2 (even though 2's mostly focused on grappling because that was the big addition). You honestly think that they are still using EA MMA animations at this point? Really?

Look man, if you want to count UFC as a descendent of EA MMA, have at it. You would be wrong but just looking at all of your posts since you got here, you dont seem to mind being wrong.
How am I wrong when you just admitted its true and you even said so
Old 08-14-2017, 01:37 PM   #40
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
How am I wrong when you just admitted its true and you even said so
You posted "now its obvious the developers from Fight Night are long gone".....that was wrong and I named 3 devs who are working on UFC 3.

You posted "EA UFC does exactly 0 of those 6 years later after 4 games"...that was wrong as EA UFC has only released 2 games in 5 yrs. Also EA MMA is not a part of the EA UFC series.

You then attempted to include EA MMA as being in the same series and tried to include an unreleased game (UFC 3) so that your original statement was correct.

Your overall point was that "EA UFC" had 4 games to get the fundamentals right and they didnt, right? Thats wrong.....they havent had 4 games. That the "EA UFC" team has only had 2 games and UFC 3 is the first one that they have really focused on striking.

Anyone who played EA UFC 1 knows that that game is practically built from scratch. The retail version didnt even have a sprawl animation at release and if it was a true decendant of EA MMA, it wouldve just used its sprawl and takeddown defense animations and all of its striking animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »