Home

Anyone dislike how late you can deny clinch grabs?

This is a discussion on Anyone dislike how late you can deny clinch grabs? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

honorandgrit's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone dislike how late you can deny clinch grabs?

Its kinda of infuriating that I get a clinch and they deny it so late.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Re: Anyone dislike how late you can deny clinch grabs?

No, especially with how OP clinch striking is and how people can unrealistically end a fight with just 1 - 3 strikes after losing an entire fight lol.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Hell no, not even close. Maybe it feels late against fighters with average clinch stats, but against super cafs and fighters with great clinch stats you still have to be fast as heck.

Even in real fights people have broken out of double collar tie extremely fast after it's been applied. I notice that more when fighters aren't against the cage.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #4
MVP

That's another good point Dave, the MT clinch shouldn't take too long to get out of if you're much fresher than your opponent and not too damaged, maybe unless you're facing a A++ MT experience in some instances. There's A LOT that needs to change about it imo to not make it so OP this next time around.

- Maybe a faster break out of it.
- The possibility to deal more damage when you're the person put into the clinch (two key examples being Weidman v Silva & Torres v Thug Rose).
- Knockdowns & KOs mostly occurring once the opponent is already hurt.

It definitely needs to have way more balance. Fighter's generally don't hailmary MT Clinch the opponent in a losing battle to try and get a flash KO or KD irl.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
That's another good point Dave, the MT clinch shouldn't take too long to get out of if you're much fresher than your opponent and not too damaged, maybe unless you're facing a A++ MT experience in some instances. There's A LOT that needs to change about it imo to not make it so OP this next time around.

- Maybe a faster break out of it.
- The possibility to deal more damage when you're the person put into the clinch (two key examples being Weidman v Silva & Torres v Thug Rose).
- Knockdowns & KOs mostly occurring once the opponent is already hurt.

It definitely needs to have way more balance. Fighter's generally don't hailmary MT Clinch the opponent in a losing battle to try and get a flash KO or KD irl.
I love those two examples, but when I suggested more damage dealt from submission fighter in double collar the answer I got from community was that the idea of more damage from submissive position was crazy.

That might have been on the EA forums though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
I love those two examples, but when I suggested more damage dealt from submission fighter in double collar the answer I got from community was that the idea of more damage from submissive position was crazy.

That might have been on the EA forums though
That scares me. I even recall seeing Rick Story avoid staying in a MT clinch with body punches. The key thing they need to do to add balance to it. It doesn't have to drop the clincher every time, but at least add the ability to rock them and which makes them let go of the clinch some times. Players just knowing the danger of getting hurt (like irl) is there will stop a lot of the nonsense spamming.

I hope they understand it's spammed & OP because you have nothing to fear once you apply it as far as being hurt, yet you can do all the damage in just a matter of a few strikes. You should still have to worry about fighting smart in some way. Immediately getting the MT clinch and just dropping 1 or 3 elbows or knees to win any fight NEEDS to be reduced.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #7
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL NO.

And and one more Hell No for emphasis lmao.

When UFC 2 released, it was almost impossible to deny. The window was incredibly small. Dealing with dudes who just want to clinch you all fight is irritating enough as it is. We have to at least be given some sort of chance to defend it.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #8
Banned

its so unbalanced they had no choice but to gimmick it

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »