Home

I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3

This is a discussion on I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
Banned

Kasel's Arena

OVR: 0
I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3

Warning: This has kind of turned into an accidental rant

I was honestly shocked at EA UFC 1's HUD, and to see it not changing at all in UFC 2 was even more shocking after all the ignored feedback. So let it be heard again, I don't think ANYONE other than those who seek for unrealistic exploits want to have everyone seeing their opponents HUD.

It should be visible of course in practice to learn how the game works, maaaaaybe in quick matches if you still can't completely detach from arcade style of gameplay, but ffs KEEP IT AWAY FROM RANKED, WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K. Sorry, I know I'm going on a bit of a spree today it's just that I reinstalled UFC 2 after a year now, and it reminding me of all the issues I hate about it, please make UFC 3 realistic, stop being afraid to be innovative, stop giving us every bit of info about our opponents in different ways, make it realistic, please.

I'm an amateur martial artist who competes in kickboxing, muay thai, classic boxing and jiu jitsu and if you'll take my word for it, there is a HUGE poker type of aspect to martial arts competition, so much of it is analysing what your opponent is feeling, is he tired? Are my leg kicks hurting him? Is he pretending he doesn't need to naturally limp right now? Are my body shots draining his stamina further or is he waiting for the next one to land a counter shot?

Having the HUD scream at you that your opponent is tired is goddamn pathetically arcadey and I see no rightful purpose for it. Again, AT THE VERY LEAST keep it away from ranked, PLEASE

Again, all I'm asking for is realism, you market your game with the words "feel the fight" so why are you taking away the feeling from the fights? I'm uninstalling the game again, and Undisputed 2009, 2010 and 3 are my favorite games of all time, EA UFC 1 and 2 are the games that annoyed me the most in all my gaming time and I barely played them because of how bad they are and this is just one of those reasons, so please take this feedback to heart. UFC Undisputed 3 is the GOAT of MMA gaming for a reason, look at what these reasons are. 60fps, fighter uniqueness, realistic striking and presentation and HUD and honestly everything is realistic in it, why are you still insisting on going the opposite way?

I wasn't going to write this thread, instead I was going to sneakily ask GCers in any existing thread as a by the way question, how much did seeing your opponents HUD influence the flow of combat in their personal experience in the build they played just to get the info out about it being in or out of UFC 3, but it annoyed me to even think about the devs doing it AGAIN and I realized they must have done it like everything else they do I disagree with, so I told myself to just assume they did and just give the feedback about how much I hate the idea of magically giving you all of your opponents body info.

It's next gen, USE IT! Don't use an effing doll and mark red spots on it to tell us they're hurt somewhere, and use a bar to show us what their breath status is, that's stupid and if that's how it magically was IRL I would NEVER get into these different martial arts I love competing in. NEVER. Half the fun is that "guessing" game of what's going in inside your opponents mind, and you took it out completely from both games you created. Why?... I'm not active here since losing faith in the dev team when seeing the first glimse of EA UFC 2 gameplay (that idiotic recreation of Conor KOing Aldo showed me they're still using unbelievable animations so I noped out of the community with a visit once a month or two) so if someone could tell me if they ever gave a reason, I'd love to know what it is. Thank you.

Devs, you're welcome to hint at any changes that (realistic) MMA gaming fans like myself would appreciate

Mods, if you need to ban me go ahead
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: I really hope we won't be able to see ANY opponent HUD in UFC 3

In real life you can pick up on cues from your opponent that you can't see in the current 2d game. It's not like you can see opponents eyes or get a good read from just seeing the viewpoint the game provides.

You can turn off the hud iirc.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:13 PM   #3
Banned

Kasel's Arena

I see your point about not being able to see your opponents eyes, that's true and it sucks, but there are still more ways to do it, which I would've wanted in anyway even if we would see clear face expressions like eyes as you mentioned.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:24 AM   #4
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I've been asking for this for a long time, Kasel. I'm with you 100%. For whatever reason, there never seemed to be a lot of support for it around here, but seeing your opponent's HUD needs to go. Once again, this is something that Fight Night got right.

Even without seeing exaggerated visual cues or facial expressions in that game, I can still sense a lot about my opponent by how they react to what I'm doing. When I'm teeing off on a guy and he keeps covering up and backing away, it's usually a good sign that he's hurting. There's no reason that I should know 100% where the other fighter's stamina is all fight long.

I also believe that getting rid of this will make the ground game more interesting. Maybe it will be less of a game of dudes watching stamina, and more of a mind game if the HUD is finally gone. I really don't see how it would be a bad thing to get rid of it.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Since I was a UFC game issued by a different maker, I was hiding HUD and playing online.
Even now I keep doing ranked matches while hiding HUD from the beginning.
It is still division 7, but it is one of my commitment to playing.
I know that I am a minority, but I think that MMA games are different things from Tekken and Street Fighter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 02:51 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysjoooji
Since I was a UFC game issued by a different maker, I was hiding HUD and playing online.
Even now I keep doing ranked matches while hiding HUD from the beginning.
It is still division 7, but it is one of my commitment to playing.
I know that I am a minority, but I think that MMA games are different things from Tekken and Street Fighter.
What I want to do with MMA game is simulation of MMA, not scraping of physical strength meter.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Hey guys, I'm a newbie here at OS forums, just wanted to give my thoughts on this thread - I agree 100%, it would be A LOT more realistic and more fun to play without knowing exactly when the opponent is tired and when his stamina is low. With some players you can see when they are tired because they punch themselves out and it's very visible in the game.

To be completely honest - I haven't played Undisputed 3 online that much, but I remember that we loved playing it with the guys for hours.

And when I got my PS4 fixed (it was broken for a loooong time) EA UFC came out and I was hooked!!

Now I am playing EA UFC 2 a lot and I LOVE it!! Online, ranked, quick match, whatever! love love love it! I dont have a lot to compare it to (just the previous game) but I am spending hours and hours in front of the tv just knocking guys out Just kidding i'm not THAT good, I'm a division 6, and for some reason, this division takes me quite a lot of time to move up in.

But back to the subject - the HUD is defiantly something we can do without in UFC 3 to make it more enjoyable.

Hope to be active here at the EA UFC forum, looks like a great community.

Glad to take part, I plan to take over
Old 08-17-2017, 03:13 PM   #8
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I'm in favor of full HUD showing for both you and the opponent, except grappling HUD, of course.

Some of the subtleties can matter a lot for stamina and damage. And the players have no way to viably make accurate estimations. Think of fakes that get denied (cooking)... how they affect stamina. Think of strikes that deal much more damage than usual, for whatever reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »