Home

NFL2K_History defects

This is a discussion on NFL2K_History defects within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2008, 04:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
NFL2K_History defects

I'm looking for feedback on the following:
1. Data defects in the content generated by NLF2KSeasonGen (epically skin color).
2. Run time defects in any of the programs.
3. Suggestions on how I can improve any of the programs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NFL2K_History defects

BADAL- Finn has the scheduler working with your history program again and I went through, figured out what teams were switched around and fixed the schedule so I could schedule fewer games for the 4 non-existent teams. Their 16 games are driving me nuts. Here is my question:

1. How many games does 2k5 need scheduled for those teams? I believe you said they must be on the schedule, but a couple teams have 6 games and a couple only 2. I'd like to even that out if possible.

2. You have the Ravens at home all 6 games. Does that matter? I'm guessing that could be switched.

I'd like to schedule as few as possible and even them out.

EDIT: I messed around a little bit and gave them all three game schedules. I noticed an undfeated team is still going to playoffs. Whats really important though, is they aren't in the leader boards anymore.

Last edited by dophin26; 03-19-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
BADAL- Finn has the scheduler working with your history program again and I went through, figured out what teams were switched around and fixed the schedule so I could schedule fewer games for the 4 non-existent teams. Their 16 games are driving me nuts. Here is my question:

1. How many games does 2k5 need scheduled for those teams? I believe you said they must be on the schedule, but a couple teams have 6 games and a couple only 2. I'd like to even that out if possible.
2K5 doesn't require that any games are scheduled for a team. I think I meant that you must schedule games for them or they automatically make the playoffs.

Quote:
2. You have the Ravens at home all 6 games. Does that matter? I'm guessing that could be switched.

I'd like to schedule as few as possible and even them out.
I'm not sure if you realize it or not, but when you type in a year in NFL2KScheduler and it displays the text schedule, you can modify that text all you want (as long as it's still a valid schedule). So if it has the Ravens as the home team for all of their games, you can change that by simply changing the text "jaguars at ravens" to "ravens at jaguars". The '.NFL2K5' schedule gets created based on the text shown.

This makes it really easy to make a schedule when NFL.com posts the new schedule. All you would have to do is copy the text schedule from NFL.com, paste it into a text editor (like notepad), do some find and replace operations until the schedule is in a valid format for NFL2KScheduler. Then paste it into NFL2KScheduler and hit 'Save schedule'.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD_AL
I'm not sure if you realize it or not, but when you type in a year in NFL2KScheduler and it displays the text schedule, you can modify that text all you want (as long as it's still a valid schedule). So if it has the Ravens as the home team for all of their games, you can change that by simply changing the text "jaguars at ravens" to "ravens at jaguars". The '.NFL2K5' schedule gets created based on the text shown.

This makes it really easy to make a schedule when NFL.com posts the new schedule. All you would have to do is copy the text schedule from NFL.com, paste it into a text editor (like notepad), do some find and replace operations until the schedule is in a valid format for NFL2KScheduler. Then paste it into NFL2KScheduler and hit 'Save schedule'.
Yeah, I knew you could edit the text, but the problem comes along when you switch teams around at the start of franchise. The schedule reads the teams original slot, so if you make all kind sof changes (as are sorta necessary for that time), then the schedule gets all f'ed up. It reads the Seahawks as the Ravens, etc. It doesn't seem like a tough fix, but figuring out what to swap where took me hours to do correctly. As far as editing the non-existent teams, I gave them all three games. I had one team mke the playoffs, but they're seeded against a top division winner, so they got blown out immediately-no big deal. Like I stated before, the biggest problem was their guys showing up on the stats charts and in the Pro Bowl. That's fixed now.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I knew you could edit the text, but the problem comes along when you switch teams around at the start of franchise. The schedule reads the teams original slot, so if you make all kind sof changes (as are sorta necessary for that time), then the schedule gets all f'ed up. It reads the Seahawks as the Ravens, etc. It doesn't seem like a tough fix, but figuring out what to swap where took me hours to do correctly. As far as editing the non-existent teams, I gave them all three games. I had one team mke the playoffs, but they're seeded against a top division winner, so they got blown out immediately-no big deal. Like I stated before, the biggest problem was their guys showing up on the stats charts and in the Pro Bowl. That's fixed now.
I guess the best way to take care of this is to figure out which teams will be in which slots and then do the find and replace on the text. Like if the Seahawks are read as the Ravens and the Ravens as the Seahawks you could do the following:
1. paste the schedule into a text editor.
2. Replace "Seahawks" with "R_avens"
3. Replace "Ravens" with "Sea_hawks"
4. Replace "_" with "" (empty string)

I confess I've never switched the teams around in the Editor (I didn't even know you could do it until I read about it on this board a couple days ago). So I may not know exactly the pain you are going through. Even after looking at the 3.0 beta editor, I don't see how you can switch them around.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2008, 07:04 AM   #6
MVP

dophin26's Arena

It would be a lot easier if Finn's editor allowed a user to save a schedule without each team having 16 games scheduled. I totally understand why it's set up the way it is though. It's a safeguard or double-checking mechanism for those manipulating the schedule. No big deal, I figured out what goes where. I'm just glad the two work together at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »