Home

injuries

This is a discussion on injuries within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2004, 01:58 AM   #1
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
injuries

i dont think i could handle how many injuries in my franchise that happen in real life. i like the chargers and they now have 5 guys out for the season and we are in week 6.

two are rookies, bingham and ball. van buren a lineman, polk the special teams captain and now caldwell, the number one wr.

these arent the huge losses some teams experience, but daaang. if i lost 5 guys in my franchise i would turn injuries off. i have one guy out, leber and edwards is out for 17 weeks and i cant stop the run anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: injuries

You won't get too many unless your bump the injury slider up.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

I feel your pain. Duce Staley went down in week 1 for 14 weeks, and I started the season practically in Salary Cap Hell. Bettis had retired the year before, so I had to sign Damian Rhodes. I don't know if anyone else has used him, but he's AWFUL in the game. He had 5 TDs and *10* fumbles going into week 11, when he got hurt for the season. So now my running game consists of Jamal Lord (the only guy I could afford given my cap situation)
“In my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John F. Kennedy to Al Gore. If this is evolution, I believe that in twelve years, we'll be voting for plants.” - Lewis Black
Old 10-20-2004, 01:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPitt
I feel your pain. Duce Staley went down in week 1 for 14 weeks, and I started the season practically in Salary Cap Hell. Bettis had retired the year before, so I had to sign Damian Rhodes. I don't know if anyone else has used him, but he's AWFUL in the game. He had 5 TDs and *10* fumbles going into week 11, when he got hurt for the season. So now my running game consists of Jamal Lord (the only guy I could afford given my cap situation)
Time to run that Steve McNair Alcorn State offense.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoPitt
Yeah, I've been the Steelers and bitten by the injury/salary cap problem. Bettis had retired, so I had Buchalter, Staley and Sultan McCullough. Buchalter goes down in week 2. Staley goes down in week 5. McCullough goes down in week 7. I bring in another one (he may have been a rookie, I can't remember). HE goes down. All of them with at least 6 week injuries. I think I'm due to get McCullough back soon, though. I had to go out and sign a $300K HB because that's all the cap room I had.

Dave
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2004, 10:56 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I have my injury setting at 12, I think and I get pretty realistic results. But no team, including mine, is being ravaged by injuries.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:18 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Radja I feel your pain, not in ESPN but in the real NFL. My last place Dolphins have had several injuries this year and it all seemed to start when Ricky Williams quit on the team.

David Boston breaks his leg (Out for season)
Surtain gets hurt (Out for preseason and a few games)
T Bowens has back problems (Out for preseason and 5 games)
Larry Chester (Out for Season)
Alphonso Roundtree (Out for Season)
Jay Fiedler gets nicked up a bit
AJ Feeley gets a concussion
OUR KICKER Olindo Mare gets injured and we had our own kick returner kicking field goals and Kickoffs
Travis Minor (RB) out for a while
Lamar Gordon (RB) out for season
Sammy Morris (RB) out for 4 games
Leonard Henry (RB) out for a few games
Chambers got nicked up a little also...

There's more, I just can't keep track of everything. We are the worst team in the NFL.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
You won't get too many unless your bump the injury slider up.
Huh?

So keep injury slider low?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »