Home

NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

This is a discussion on NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: NFL 2k5 PC Editor Bugs/Comments/Requests Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
1) Still trying to get some things sorted out.

2) I will check. Which would you want to edit. The first number or the second? (i.e. QB: 2/3). I have a feeling the second number is not editable as it is programmed into the game but I am not 100%.

3)There is no renaming room in the save for colleges at this time. If I ever crack every byte in the entire save, I would have the ability to make the save bigger (I believe) so we could rename coaches/stadiums/players etc... without consequence. That being said, I would guess I know what about 30-40% of the game save represents.

4)I will check but it may be calculated.

5)You must remember, that those name index files were created by me. They are keyed of the 4 digit code so each code must be unique. The save only stores the code so if you duplicated the code, the editor would alway "pick" the first match it found, making the subsequent codes useless.
1) Awesome. If there's any problem with the seeding of teams, the user/player could always adjust them before playing. I know how the seeding works for the playoffs -

#1 and #2 have byes, #3 plays #6 and #4 plays #5 with the lowest advancing seed (#5 for example) playing #1 and the highest advancing seed (#3 for example) playing #2 in the divisional round. Dont know if this will help you in any way but I thought it couldnt hurt to let you know.

If you need me to test out anything in-game, let me know. I'll be more than happy to help.

2) The second number. I hate it that a 3-4 team has the same needs as a 4-3 team plus I want to be able to edit the needed limit so the CPU wont release players at one position in order to meet the need at another. For example, the Colts usually only have 2 QB's but 3 is the need in franchise. I dont want to see the CPU release the 5th DT and then sign a third QB. I want the roster to be accurate as possible. The only time I dont mind the CPU signing players at needed positions is when injuries occur.

3) 30-40%!!! WOW!!! Just imagine if you ever hit 100%. I'll crap my pants. LOL. Seriously, I figured that it wasnt possible at this time but it doesnt hurt to ask. And im not sure if you're aware of this or not but if you compare the default roster to the final roster, you'll notice that some colleges have been added/deleted from the in-game setup itself. I dont remember the colleges off hand but I remember coming across some that were in one roster but not the other.

4) I think they are calculated but I know that K and P dont affect any of the team ratings. Thanks for looking into this for me.

5) Ah, okay. I understand now. Sorry to be a pain in the *** about the index files. Thank you for letting me use my own index files without getting that index error.

Thanks FINN for taking the time to look into all this stuff for me. It's greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2008, 01:16 AM   #66
MVP

slapnutz2k2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
It shouldn't in the latest version. If you are in a franchise, you may end up with game generated players that show blank for the PBP/Picture in the editor if the game assigns them one of those values.
Ok thanks.
I believe the game only uses #'s 8000-8999 for the draft picks so I'll probably leave those in.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 14

Finn, I was wondering if you could expand on the punt returner restore attribute, by adding kick returners to it also. Sometimes those become problems in franchises as well.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:40 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I dont know if this is the correct topic but was someone having a problem with Roy Attieh not staying in the PBP and Photo options in the editor?

If so, I had the problem with Dave Yovanovits. I edited C Dave Wohlabaugh into Yovanovits but it went back to Wohlabaugh after I clicked "accept". I noticed that it went back when I put him on the Jets for my 2K5 roster. I then put Yovanovits on OG Travis Claridge and the same thing happened.

I realized that it was the PBP and Photo index for Yovanovits. I deleted him from the index and saved them. I then went back into the PBP and Photo index and added him back by typing in his name instead of copying and pasting.

After doing that, I fixed Yovanovits in the editor and then saved. I checked it in-game and sure enough, it was Yovanovits.

Basically, if that happens again, just delete the player from the PBP and Photo index and save both files. Then, go back into them and type in the player you deleted. The problem should be fixed.
thanks, dan. this trick worked for Attieh.

i didnt even know anyone else had this problem; just searched the forums for "attieh" on a whim thinking the 4-digit code might have been entered incorrectly & found this thread
Old 07-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 8

Finn,
While playing a current franchise file, is there any way we could put in actual stats from all previous seasons leading up until now? When I play my 07 franchise, during games they'll show stats from 02, 03, and then 07. It would be really cool if we could somehow manually put in all the stats from the 04, 05, and 06 seasons.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #70
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Finn or anyone who can answer this:

Today I was editing and after 23 team's players birthdays fixed, I opened back up and suddenly all birthdays are 11 years behind (guys that we 22 are now 33). I think it happened when I pasted a player, but not sure.

The question is: Is there a way to re-adjust the date back to what it was. I saw the "calculate age based on today" button, but they weren't based on the current date, so that doesn't help.

Question the second: If I make a schedule and date it 1985, but the file has stats from 2005 (because I simmed a year), what happens to their stats?

Question the third: If I make a schedule and date it 1985 but the birthdates are all set to some other date, will it change them again or do the two not affect each other?

I know that is a lot, but they all sort of popped up at the same time. Thanks!

EDIT: Puja, these are the questions I thought I PM'd you a week ago. Thought I'd just post here.

Last edited by dophin26; 07-29-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Finn,
While playing a current franchise file, is there any way we could put in actual stats from all previous seasons leading up until now? When I play my 07 franchise, during games they'll show stats from 02, 03, and then 07. It would be really cool if we could somehow manually put in all the stats from the 04, 05, and 06 seasons.

Sorry 4 reviving an old thread but this was just too big to pass up..... I love this idea......but to be practical couldnt we just sim like 4 years then edit the simmed stats till they are accurate????

This Thread is awesome so many cool ideas!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 07:53 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by odera
Sorry 4 reviving an old thread but this was just too big to pass up..... I love this idea......but to be practical couldnt we just sim like 4 years then edit the simmed stats till they are accurate????

This Thread is awesome so many cool ideas!!!!!
edit how? this is the problem

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »