Home

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

This is a discussion on STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2008, 12:18 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

hmm i wish i knew why it doesn't work. I had the exact same problem and i still never figured it out. I wish i knew how to do it so i could help you out, but i gave up because i also have xp so i just use that.
I wish someone who uses it with vista could help us out..
Old 08-28-2008, 12:20 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 13

just out of curiosity what are u using to transfer to the HDD? i assume your opening partition 3 on the hdd? did u try deleting all 2k5 files on the HDD and then creating a new file to start from scratch?

i have not done this transfer yet cause i dont have the cable, but i want to see u figure this out cause i have a feeling im gonna run into the same issue.....

one other thing that may help is going into the device manager a deleting your drivers for the device your using to transfer the file......then connect the device to your usb port and let it re install the drivers......then hook it back up to the hdd and try again......
Old 08-28-2008, 12:30 AM   #35
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
hmm i wish i knew why it doesn't work. I had the exact same problem and i still never figured it out. I wish i knew how to do it so i could help you out, but i gave up because i also have xp so i just use that.
I wish someone who uses it with vista could help us out..
Me to brotha...I am running xplorer in admin mode cause it lets me try to insert files at least. xport doesn't that i know of. So I have been opening the roster file which is the udata folder..then it gives me the 53450030 folder..so i drag that to the desktop and click on that to open it and it show me another folder which is 194ffbd951da and 3 files underneath that. Those files are the saveimage.xbx, title image.xbx, and titlemeta.xbx..if i understant correctly I need will be draging the 194ffbd951da folder to the xplorer360 right? Well that doesnt work for me cause I can't drop it so I have hitting insert file and then I go to the 194...folder and hit open..it then 4 more files which look like whats already in the xplorer360..they are EXTRA, SAVEGAME.DAT, SaveMeta.xbx, and TYPE. So I then one by one insert those files into the xplorer360 and they show up there so I know they are transfering. Then I close the program and hook up the HDD and load roster..I get nothin! So thats the exact steps I am using, maybe you can see where I am going wrong..hopefully! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2008, 12:34 AM   #36
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
just out of curiosity what are u using to transfer to the HDD? i assume your opening partition 3 on the hdd? did u try deleting all 2k5 files on the HDD and then creating a new file to start from scratch?

i have not done this transfer yet cause i dont have the cable, but i want to see u figure this out cause i have a feeling im gonna run into the same issue.....

one other thing that may help is going into the device manager a deleting your drivers for the device your using to transfer the file......then connect the device to your usb port and let it re install the drivers......then hook it back up to the hdd and try again......
I am using the cable that Microsoft sent me and yes I am opening partition 3 on the HDD. I havn't tried re-installing the cabel yet though. At this point I will try anything!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:34 AM   #37
MVP

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nto-xport.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-solution.html

Couple more links
Old 08-28-2008, 12:36 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Me to brotha...I am running xplorer in admin mode cause it lets me try to insert files at least. xport doesn't that i know of. So I have been opening the roster file which is the udata folder..then it gives me the 53450030 folder..so i drag that to the desktop and click on that to open it and it show me another folder which is 194ffbd951da and 3 files underneath that. Those files are the saveimage.xbx, title image.xbx, and titlemeta.xbx..if i understant correctly I need will be draging the 194ffbd951da folder to the xplorer360 right? Well that doesnt work for me cause I can't drop it so I have hitting insert file and then I go to the 194...folder and hit open..it then 4 more files which look like whats already in the xplorer360..they are EXTRA, SAVEGAME.DAT, SaveMeta.xbx, and TYPE. So I then one by one insert those files into the xplorer360 and they show up there so I know they are transfering. Then I close the program and hook up the HDD and load roster..I get nothin! So thats the exact steps I am using, maybe you can see where I am going wrong..hopefully! Thanks!
You are unzipping the file before you open it right?
you need to transfer the whole folder, you cant drag the 4 files in individually, they need to be together in the folder. If you can get the 194ffbd951da folder in then your golden..

Last edited by johnnyg713; 08-28-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 AM   #39
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
You are unzipping the file before you open it right?
you need to transfer the whole folder, you cant drag the 4 files in individually, they need to be together in the folder. If you can get the 194ffbd951da folder in then your golden..
Well i am using the winrar program but I can't say forsure if it is unzipping..i thought it did that automatically..how do i know for sure if it is unzipped?

Last edited by cedwebb; 08-28-2008 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 AM   #40
MVP

Also there is no need to drag the file to the desktop.. i just drag straight from the window to the hdd. no need to save it to the desktop..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »