Home

Best rushing performance

This is a discussion on Best rushing performance within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2003, 12:12 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Best rushing performance

I am on my second season, I got trounced pretty good for a opening season of my franchise and wound up with like a 6-10 record, but I went over my season with a fine-tooth comb and made sure to take every hole in my lineup into account and so far in my second season (drafted up Steelers) my running back is Ahman Green. Season 1 he put up good numbers, but nothing mind-blowing, I think he had like 1,200 yards or something. Well here in my second season, I only rushed for like 60 yards in Game 1, I rushed for like 90 in Game 2. Game 3 I played last night, I do like I always do, start off running, get the clock moving, then choose plays based on situations. Ahman got stuff a couple of times for negative rushes and a few 3-yard gains. THEN it happened! I rushed, so a gaping hole in the line, broke through for a 77 yard TD run. Then my first play of every series is a run, I love to keep the clock moving. Again, I think I must've had like 7-8 more rushes for 15 yards or more, and 3 of them were 30 or more, all for TD's. Then tack in the short 10 or less yard TD runs, Ahman Green had a monster week.

29 carries, 368 yards, 6 TD's in a 52-17 routing of Jacksonville. I play on All-Pro or whatever level that is higher than the default, so don't go thinking I'm only playing on Rookie or whatever. I'm posting this to hear or find out some of you guys' best rushing performances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2003, 02:38 PM   #2
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Best rushing performance

Clinton Portis went for 360 yards on 14 carries and 7 TDs last night, but that was online so it doesn't really count. I don't remember what my best rushing performance offline was, probably around 250 with Garner.
Old 11-10-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i rushed for over four hundred on pro level with garrison hearst in FPF. running in FPF is easier for me for some reason than 3rd person mode. BTW, i did it to get the crib items. i usually play my own mix of the all-pro/legend sliders.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

31 carries for 380 yds on Legend. w/ Stephen Davis. I pretty much spread the defense out & run tosses to get Davis one-on-one & fully charged to go against the LB. This will work well if you have good blocking WR's. If they start to widen out their linemen I'll audible & bang the middle & hope my Center takes out one of the LB's. At this point I feel like I am just toying with the computer.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:45 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I had DeShaun Foster get 309 yards on 39 carries on All-Pro in franchise. Davis went down with a broken hand, so Foster was my feature back. That is about as good as I've done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2003, 06:59 PM   #6
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

I can't figure out why but in my second season I just can't seem to get Foster to break any tackles w/ power moves. Is he just not a power player?
Old 11-10-2003, 07:34 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:

onetonmartin said:
I can't figure out why but in my second season I just can't seem to get Foster to break any tackles w/ power moves. Is he just not a power player?

Foster is definetly a finesse runner. He likes to run tosses, sweeps, and occasional counter runs. He's not a guy that is gonna go up the gut and get you 4 yards very often, both in Real life and in ESPN.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:05 PM   #8
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Clinton Portis went for 360 yards on 14 carries and 7 TDs last night, but that was online so it doesn't really count. I don't remember what my best rushing performance offline was, probably around 250 with Garner.

You feel proud don't you. He was probably 5 years old

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »