Home

i played 2k5 for the first time today

This is a discussion on i played 2k5 for the first time today within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
Rookie

nosaints26's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: i played 2k5 for the first time today

I think what really can be said here is the possibility that the new generation of gamers will increasingly share this young man's opinion about 2K and Madden.

Man, even I didn't play 2K5 when it first came out (I had Madden 05 instead), but a couple years later I took a look at 2K and could only stand ashamed at myself for not having picked it up sooner.

Where's my PS2? I need to make up for lost time
Old 12-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #10

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

I had never played it (always played Madden), and after I picked it up around a year ago, I keep holding on to it for some reason. I love the feel of the game, but I just can't find a good slider set, and sometimes I really want to play with new rosters, but I don't have a max drive or whatever. I usually sell my games if I don't get into them, but this one I still have hope I can find my way into falling in love with it.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #11
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
You know what's sad? How much your age group says "lol".
I just hope they don't have a large impact on this next generation of gaming because 2K easily makes better football games but I tell someone at my school to go check out 2K5 or 2K8 they immediately respond with "that game's old".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #12
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
You know what's sad? How much your age group says "lol".
Ignorance truly must be bliss.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru03
I played 2k5 for the first time today and it was way harder than madden 07 for the ps2 and editions after Madden 07. The playbook is hard to understand and the gameplay is hard on pro mode; I was playing sim style. I was not alive in the video game evolution era as my first football video game was Madden 07 for the Wii (I now own Madden 07 for the ps2 which is way better in understandability and gameplay than 2k5 along with every Madden edition forthe ps3 except Madden 25) but I was alive and of gaming capability age when 2k5 came out. Madden 07 may not have all that many features but it is easier to play, at least to me. I must say, 2k5 serves its purpose and I still respect those of you who love 2k though but Madden's ease of play makes it better in my opinion. 2k has its bright spots like extra and spread out ratings and the creating/editing draft classes though but ease of play beats bells and whistles every time in my book. The presentation in 2k5 is light years ahead of Madden 13 for the PS3 though.

My verdict: Madden is light years better but 2k has its redeemable qualities.

My Score for Madden 07 ps2 : 9.5/10

My Score for 2k5: 5/10 (Presentation would be 10/10 with graphics being 3/10)

My score for the PS3 Madden editions except Madden 25 (summed up in general as there are too many editions to grade individually).

I had to post again.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha this post is epic af.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19

I respect the original comment, but disagree 100%.
Easier to pick up and play was his deciding factor, which is fine, considering his age.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

I played both NFL 2k5 and madden 05 and I have to say I loved both games. I did lean towards 2k5 because of the efforts on the field and off the field details they out into the game. Madden had some cool features also with the radio, newspaper and the famous Hit Stick. I loved when you where drafting and it had real pictures of the player and his career stats.. I'm a stickler for the little details.

I honestly hope that 2k can have the chance to make another football game and along with EA also. I feel like if there is some kind of competition both companies will push each other to go that extra step to separate themselves each year. Just feel like EA settles because they know we will buy the game because it's the only football game that drops. I will continue to buy EA football because I need my dose of football game.

Just my two cents....

NFL- BUCCS
NBA- MAGIC
NCCAF- FLA
AFGHANISTAN "2011-12" WAR VET

Redzone League
Cleveland Browns
Season 3 (7-9)
Season 4 (1-0)

Jacksonville Jaguars
Season 6 (0-0)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just played my super bowl with nfl2k5. This game smokes Madden as far as the Super Bowl goes. I like both 2k & Madden but I will never buy another EA Sports title. I like the older games but if 2k made another game that would be great.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »