Home

NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #9
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I agree madden 05 and the introduction of the hitstick was legendary... The Espn presentation is the only thing this game had going for them in my opinion.. The ball floated when passed were thrown and/or deflected, player models looked like blitz players, and the game was played in slow motion
Yeah I feel the same
Old 07-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

Great game, the passing was ahead of it's time and still has not been replicated, 3-5-7 step drops, route based passing, great passing animations from the roll outs to the wind up on deep passes. Many did not like the drawn out feel of the animations and lack of instantaneous control of players but I think it added a level of realism to the control, it was a great balance of user control and ratings affecting how the player controlled. I also loved the tapping. Not for everybody which is understandable, but I loved just about every aspect of gameplay. It definitely had it's warts, stiff running animations, money plays, DB AI, running backs that broke 5 tackles a play but there were more positives than negatives IMO.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #11
Banned

twelveone's Arena

This game was awesome, I remember buying it because it was only $20, which was a bargain at the time. Madden should thank the heavens that the NFL loves giving out exclusive licenses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
Great game, the passing was ahead of it's time and still has not been replicated, 3-5-7 step drops, route based passing, great passing animations from the roll outs to the wind up on deep passes.

Agreed. Loved how critical timing on passing plays was. Playing with a new team and/or playbook was actually a huge disadvantage, you really needed to practice and get familiar with the timing of the plays, the speed of your players, arm strength of the QB, etc. I disagree with the article that the passing had big issues it was more the defense.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #13
Rookie

The Sports Center part with Chris Berman was legendary indeed. All sports games need to adopt this now, especially as we are now entering "next generation".
Old 07-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 28
2K5 is a classic. Why? Because it is a game people remember and respected. It falls with Tecmo Bowl, the original Madden on Sega, and Mutant Leagur Football.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #15
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
I enjoyed it when it came out but I preferred Madden 05. The only thing I enjoyed more in 2K5 was the presentation immersion, that is still the best to this day. I felt the gameplay is Madden was better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #16
Banned

Still better than Madden imo.

Wish they made a PC version as it would still be kept alive with Mods.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »