Home

Need help getting game to play/install on 360

This is a discussion on Need help getting game to play/install on 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

diamok's Arena

OVR: 0
Need help getting game to play/install on 360

Hey all,

Rented Madden 17 the other week, took it back before the rental time was up...pretty much same ole same ole, with cpu vs cpu hidden so deep in the options someone had to post a step by step guide so people could use it.

Anyway, never played 2k5, have a 360 and saw it is on the list of backwards compatible games. What the heck I figured.

So, spent just under $50 bucks to get a used copy of the game, a new 120gb HD for the 360, as I read BC requires an official Microsoft HD (I have the 360 Slim 4gb version, but never needed an HD in the past). So down to The Exchange I went, they told me it is an official Microsoft drive, so I bought it.

Okay cool. Got game, got HD installed. Put game in disc drive, Icon image does not show up, but the title of the game does. "Play ESPN NFL 2K5". I figure it might be a BC thing, so I tap A and wait. 3 seconds later, "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again."

GAH!

Go to Xbox support, do all the stooooopid crap/steps they recommend and nothing. Same error, same result.

Now I think maybe it's just a bad disk. Back to The Exchange, get another copy, disk looks a tad better than other one, which wasn't bad to begin with, but whatever.

Back home, insert disk, same issue with Icon image not displaying, but what the heck, I press A.

Gah!!!!

Same issue...I try all the same **** again Xbox support suggest with the exact same results, which is nothing.

Now I am here, asking for help.

I read on Wikipedia that only the PAL 60ghz version of the game is supported, but again, the Xbox list on their site says nothing of this.

Sorry for long winded post, but annoyed, so rambling.

Please help.

Peace!

Last edited by diamok; 09-08-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #2
Rookie

diamok's Arena

Re: Need help getting game to play/install on 360

Nothing huh? :-(

Well, does anyone know if PAL is the only version that works, as it shows on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tible_titles)? Or is anyone playing an NTSC version on their 360 Slim?

Any help/info at all would be appreciated you guys.

Take care,
Old 09-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

That wiki list is weird. Every since I've been in the 2K "scene" people have played the NTSC 2K5 on both 360 and the OG Xbox. I'd just make sure your HD is installed correctly and you're online when putting the disc in. I wish I could be more help but I don't even have an xbox so I'm just going off of what I heard in the past.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:43 AM   #4
Rookie

diamok's Arena

Never got it working and gave up, returned game and HD. Eff Microsoft!

Take care,
Old 10-24-2016, 11:43 AM   #5
MVP

You probably needed to install the backward compatibility patch. Anytime you put an xbox game in the 360, it installs something for emulation. So you need to be connected to the internet (XBOX Live).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
Rookie

If you have a decent PC, try the PCSX2 emulator root (go to emuparadise) - won't cost you a thing and worth a try. Looks great in 1080p
Old 09-19-2017, 12:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Kevin82485's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamok
Nothing huh? :-(

Well, does anyone know if PAL is the only version that works, as it shows on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tible_titles)? Or is anyone playing an NTSC version on their 360 Slim?

Any help/info at all would be appreciated you guys.

Take care,
Damn, this is a year too late, but it sounds like you did not actually buy an original OEM hard drive. I had the exact same error message when trying the play any original Xbox games on my 360. For years I just went without playing OG Xbox games because the hard drive I bought on eBay worked perfectly for 360 games. But one day I was like "what is really going on here?"

It turned out that the hard drive I bought was not an official Microsoft hard drive. It was missing Partition 2 on the hard drive which contains the OG Xbox emulation software.

I dug around the Internet and eventually found a guide that walked me through copying the necessary data to the hard drive and viola, I could then play OG Xbox games.

To you or anynew else who has this issue, try searching for "restore missing Xbox partition 2". There are lots of good guides available for resolving the issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Wisconsin Badgers

XBL: TheJudge24
PSN: UntalentedTalent

Last edited by Kevin82485; 09-19-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #8
Rookie

Thanks so much Kevin82485!!! This is exactly what I needed to play 2k5, and it works! You da real MVP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »