Home

PUJA21 File Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on PUJA21 File Discussion Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: PUJA21 File Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyberrz
Hey Puja, hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
thank you, i did-- same to you
Old 11-29-2007, 01:17 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6

Puja, are you still planning on releasing an '07 franchise?

Either way, thanks for keeping football gaming alive for myself (as well as countless others).
Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question Re: PUJA21 File Discussion Thread

Yes puja I have a side question about downloading your roster's. I know I am doing it wrong. I went WAY back were you told me how to do it with AR. Way back in week one. But I followed your steps. I copied the file over to my desktop, next I dragged the roster file into the AR's left box. It downloaded, I removed the momory card and took it upstairs put it in my controller. I downloaded both files. They were both the same. Franchise starts in week one. And the regular roster file as does the franchise file hove no player additions. What I mean is both files do not have any player's new and ones that have been traded. The roster's are old. So I have done something wrong in the process and I need some help in walking me through the steps so I can get your correct roster's. The ones you have been slaving over for some time. Thanks Remember guys I have never used this AR before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2007, 08:30 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by goopaluchie
Yes puja I have a side question about downloading your roster's. I know I am doing it wrong. I went WAY back were you told me how to do it with AR. Way back in week one. But I followed your steps. I copied the file over to my desktop, next I dragged the roster file into the AR's left box. It downloaded, I removed the momory card and took it upstairs put it in my controller. I downloaded both files. They were both the same. Franchise starts in week one. And the regular roster file as does the franchise file hove no player additions. What I mean is both files do not have any player's new and ones that have been traded. The roster's are old. So I have done something wrong in the process and I need some help in walking me through the steps so I can get your correct roster's. The ones you have been slaving over for some time. Thanks Remember guys I have never used this AR before.
Are you remembering to actually LOAD these once you get into the game. They do not become the default rosters...you have to load them specifically.

C
Old 11-29-2007, 09:22 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Are you remembering to actually LOAD these once you get into the game. They do not become the default rosters...you have to load them specifically.

C
Thanks for your quick response. Yes the names of both roster files are named correctly for both puja's franchise and regular roster's. I load up puja's regular roster and I look through the teams and nobody had been traded, there are no rookies. There have been no player movements. Player's are still on their old teams and there are no rokkies. Then I load up the franchise roster and it starts at week one and the roster's are all still the same.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 20

i dont understand what you're saying here: "Yes the names of both roster files are named correctly for both puja's franchise and regular roster's"

are you talking about the physical filenames for the roster & franchise appearing correctly in the AR interface when you have AR sofware open on your computer? i assume you are not referring to the player names in the roster/franchise b/c you said in the same paragraph that there are no rookies when you browse through the files.

so, if my assumption is correct that you are talking about the actual filenames being correct (pujaNov17 etc)... well, that is a good start b/c it means you successfully got the files transfered to your memory card via AR. however, you didn't exactly answer capa's question, so I can only repoint you to that post once more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

C
^to be clear, this does not mean "did you load them to your memory card using AR?" This means, after you inserted the card into your controller (with either/both files saved to it) & after you booted up NFL2K5 on your xbox.... did you actually navigate to the SAVE/LOAD menu in the game using your controller & physically load the roster or franchise file into the game?? (merely having a file stored on your memory card does not magically load it upon startup)

come back at me if this still isn't clear or if that isn't the issue

Last edited by puja21; 11-29-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #39
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Nice job on these Puja.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:31 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
i dont understand what you're saying here: "Yes the names of both roster files are named correctly for both puja's franchise and regular roster's"

are you talking about the physical filenames for the roster & franchise appearing correctly in the AR interface when you have AR sofware open on your computer? i assume you are not referring to the player names in the roster/franchise b/c you said in the same paragraph that there are no rookies when you browse through the files.

so, if my assumption is correct that you are talking about the actual filenames being correct (pujaNov17 etc)... well, that is a good start b/c it means you successfully got the files transfered to your memory card via AR. however, you didn't exactly answer capa's question, so I can only repoint you to that post once more:

^to be clear, this does not mean "did you load them to your memory card using AR?" This means, after you inserted the card into your controller (with either/both files saved to it) & after you booted up NFL2K5 on your xbox.... did you actually navigate to the SAVE/LOAD menu in the game using your controller & physically load the roster or franchise file into the game?? (merely having a file stored on your memory card does not magically load it upon startup)

come back at me if this still isn't clear or if that isn't the issue
Yes you are both correct.
Let me run through it in steps.

1- The first thing is I went to your new roster section.
2- Next I right clicked on the mouse in order to save and move to my. desktop.
3-From my desktop both files say franchise and the other roster's.
4-I drag them into the left side of the AR box like you told me to.
5- They are copied.
6- I take the card out take it upstairs and turn on my game with the memory card in the controller.
7- When I go through the options as I am scrolling through with the joystick under the load section.
8- I hit load roster.
9- When I go to look at the roster there is no new player's that you made up, trades that were made, ratings still the same.
10- The same thing happens when I go into the franchise file except I can pick any team during week one like you said. But the roster's are still the same as the regular ones. The same player's.

maybe I didn't open or transfer your file right to actually get the right roster. Maybe all I did was copy the file name and not the player's? That is what I am thinking. Because your name is up there for both of your roster files. But the player's are not. Thanks guys for trying to help me out.
Also I almost forgot to mention. I tried to open the roster file. And it turns into some number. When I try to slide that numbered file over to the AR it says it is not an acceptable x-box dowload. So I don't know what that means?

Last edited by goopaluchie; 11-29-2007 at 05:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »