Home

What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2?

This is a discussion on What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What's needed to Transfer Rosters to PS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone2426
I think all the AR MAX packages come with the PS2 AR disc, but this one has the max drive and the computer software.
So the Max Drive comes with the disc and 16mb drive. The disc is to be installed on your PC. Is this the same disc you put in the PS2 to access the memory manager?
Old 04-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden_05
So the Max Drive comes with the disc and 16mb drive. The disc is to be installed on your PC. Is this the same disc you put in the PS2 to access the memory manager?
No there is the disc for the computer that has the program on it and one for the PS2. The one for the PC, you pop it in once and install the program on your computer and thats all you'll need of it (dont throw it away, you might need it if something was to go wrong). Then there is the one for the PS2, this one has the "Memory Manager". The PS2 one also has the area where you can turn on/off cheats for games and i think it has a media player which can also play any dvd regardless of region (you could play dvds from asia, europe, etc.). This is what you should get in the package:

Action Replay Max CD for the PC
The CD for the PS2
16 MB Flash drive (They call it a "max drive")
Instruction Manual

Facebook - Custom Sports Covers
Old 04-13-2009, 05:59 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone2426
No there is the disc for the computer that has the program on it and one for the PS2. The one for the PC, you pop it in once and install the program on your computer and thats all you'll need of it (dont throw it away, you might need it if something was to go wrong). Then there is the one for the PS2, this one has the "Memory Manager". The PS2 one also has the area where you can turn on/off cheats for games and i think it has a media player which can also play any dvd regardless of region (you could play dvds from asia, europe, etc.). This is what you should get in the package:

Action Replay Max CD for the PC
The CD for the PS2
16 MB Flash drive (They call it a "max drive")
Instruction Manual
Sweet Thanks, again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Thanks Cy, now I know which one to pick up.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #13
MVP

cyclone2426's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Thanks Cy, now I know which one to pick up.
Yeah, if your just getting it to do this stuff, the 16 MB is good enough, but if you actually wanted to use the flash drive for something else, they got 32 & 64 MB versions. That aint much more space, but i guess some people have a lot of game saves lol.

Facebook - Custom Sports Covers
Old 04-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #14
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Nah, it would be just for this, and maybe future saves but I doubt it
Old 04-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Be warned guys...
I just got my AR MAX drive from the us codejunkies site... ordered the "USA" version, clearly says on my receipt. But they sent me the "european console" cd...
So I just sent them an email asking about next steps to fix this...what a pain.
What's funny is I recently picked up 2k5 for xbox and even got a data cable but my 20GB 360 hdd isn't recognized by my pc for some reason...
So to upgrade rosters i'd have to take my 360 hdd out of it's case... so i decided to just get ar max for my ps2...
plus... even though the 360 version looks better, i REALLY like the analog buttons on the ps2... makes the game feel much better for me.
So anyway though, be careful and don't get too frustrated if your ps2 doesn't run the disc... especially if it isn't NTSC, obviously
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 12:12 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

And w00t, i love datel's customer support - I got the correct disk today! (Thursday) after emailing them late on Monday night! I live on the west coast and they got it here from Florida .
They replied to my email early tuesday and sent it out right away.
I am now rockin on my ps2 with FNG's 09 rosters... Let's go Julius Jones in Seattle!

Thank you guys for keeping this game alive, I'm gonna go see if madden 09 still has any resale value... and i'll also be waiting to buy madden 10 till after the dust settles to read the real reviews...

Another success story of a new convert! LOVE the way the game plays on the ps2!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »