Home

Rambo's NFL 2K Roster (in the works)

This is a discussion on Rambo's NFL 2K Roster (in the works) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Rambo's NFL 2K Roster (in the works)

I decided to create my own roster set, using Da Rebirth's philosphy that he did with Madden 11. The game plays a lot better. I finished two teams, the Steelers and my favorite the Chiefs and began working on two other teams at the moment, but here is what I did. I used the scouting website to create overalls and my own Grading Chart to stretch out the ratings (like Madden 10).

Grading Chart
95-100 A+

90-94 A

85-89 A-

80-84 B+

75-79 B

70-74 B-

65-69 C+

60-64 C

55-59 C-

50-54 D+

45-49 D

40-44 D-

1-39 F

Ratings
Matt Cassel
Assets
Has ideal size for the position and makes good reads. Has a solid arm to complete all the throws. Mobile enough to stay out of trouble in the pocket. A quiet leader.
Flaws
A late bloomer who has been overlooked most of his career. Will occasionally rush things under pressure and make mistakes. Can be inconsistent at times.
Career Potential
Starting Quarterback

Then, after reading his scouting report - and listing down his strengths and weaknesses using the grading chart, I think converted them into numbers.

Matt Cassel (78 Overall)
Arm Strength 87 (Has a solid arm to complete all the throws.)
Pass Accuracy 75
Read Coverage 78 (makes good reads)
Leadership 76 (A quiet leader.)
Composure 55 (Will occasionally rush things under pressure and make mistakes.)
Consistency 54 (Can be inconsistent at times.)
Strength 39 (Has ideal size for the position)
Scramble 60 (Mobile enough to stay out of trouble in the pocket.)

Other examples:
Jackie Battle
Assets
Good, physical presence in the backfield. A straight-ahead runner who is hard to bring down. Has pretty decent blocking skills.
Flaws
Doesn't have a well-rounded game. Not a shifty runner. Has a hard time following blocks and lacks elite burst. Has poor hands as a pass-catcher.
Career Potential
Situational back-up running back.

Jackie Battle (73 Overall)
Break Tackle 88 (A straight-ahead runner who is hard to bring down.)
Run Block 42 (Has pretty decent blocking skills.)
Pass Block 56 (Has pretty decent blocking skills.)
Composure 23 (Doesn't have a well-rounded game.)
Consistency 7 (Has a hard time following blocks and lacks elite burst.)
Catch 33 (Has poor hands as a pass-catcher.)
Stamina 42 (Situational back-up running back.)

Jackie Battle's game statistics show he is certainly not a 73 Overall, and should be in the 60s - but its his key attributes that tie into his position as a situation back for short yardage (88 Break Tackle) that make him fit into a role in the offense. He lacks the consistency (7) and stamina (42) to be a starter in the league, so a 65 overall Running Back can be a lot better than him. The overall ratings wont matter much for my roster set, because its going by the attributes that fit into whatever gameplan the team (or you) are trying to run. When you're in that Free Agency pool and see an Offensive Lineman who is 83 overall: 95 Strength, 87 Consistency - but lacks in the Run Block and Pass Block categories: 55 Run Block, 52 Pass Block. Would you sign him to be a starter? Absolutely not. Judging from his attributes, he is a solid back-up that can be used for goal line/short yardage situational player because of his Strength to push the pile forward. The goal here is to add that sense of realism in the NFL and with NFL 2K5 I can do that, for Madden lacks in a few departments. I am going to provide other examples that may look weird:

Byron Leftwich
Assets
Great size and tremendous arm strength. Gets good zip on the ball and can make all the throws. Excellent accuracy. Great pocket presence. Can move around to avoid the rush. Runs like a fullback when scrambling.
Flaws
Inconsistent, and doesn't always make the best decisions or reads. Will force too many passes. Has poor mechanics and delivery and doesn't have a quick release. Somewhat prone to injuries.
Career Potential
Very good backup / inconsistent starter.

Byron Leftwich (78 Overall) (Very good backup / inconsistent starter.)
Arm Strength 97 (tremendous arm strength)
Pass Accuracy 88 (Excellent accuracy)
Read Coverage 48 (doesn't always make the best decisions or reads.)
Composure 81 (Great pocket presence.)
Consistency 8 (Inconsistent)
Durability 59 (Somewhat prone to injuries.)
Stamina 11
Strength 60 (Great size)
Scramble 2

Dante Rosario
Assets
Great overall athletic ability combined with excellent hands and speed. Runs specific routes well and has the flair to find the open spot in the short range.
Flaws
Not much of a blocker. Doesn't react quickly on scrambling plays to keep up the pace against defenders.
Career Potential
Good pass-catching tight end with upside.

Dante Rosario (59 Overall)
Catch 91 (excellent hands )
Run Route 96 (Runs specific routes well and has the flair to find the open spot in the short range.)
Run Block 32 (Not much of a blocker.)
Pass Block 33 (Not much of a blocker.)
Composure 57
Consistency 35 (Doesn't react quickly on scrambling plays to keep up the pace against defenders.)
Durability 85
Stamina 94
Secure Ball 58
Break Tackle 68

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Rambo's NFL 2K Roster (in the works)

That is a fresh way of looking at the rosters. If you follow through to completion, it should be really cool.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
Banned

Dophin, I am going to release a demo of the game. It will be Chiefs vs Panthers. Is there anyway you can convert the PSV file into Xbox? I use PS2.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't have the means to do it, but if you post it with the request, I'm sure one of the members here will get it done for you.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Banned

I been tangled up with playing NBA 2K11 nonstop, I finally put this game into my PS3 and I began working on it again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Hey good stuff Im looking for to it if you need help inbox me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »