Home

I will be uploading a PS3 Version of Gills rosters soon!

This is a discussion on I will be uploading a PS3 Version of Gills rosters soon! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I will be uploading a PS3 Version of Gills rosters soon!

im not even sure if ive ever even posted here, but I am also following this thread closely!! see I need the ps3 roster because even though i play the game on a ps2, im too cheap to buy a max drive, I do have that 3$ sony ps2 memcard to usb though. If you have a ps3 roster that you can put on a flash drive, you can transfer it onto the ps2 memcard with the ps3.

How exactly do you make a ps3 version of a roster?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #10
Rookie

devils17's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektah
im not even sure if ive ever even posted here, but I am also following this thread closely!! see I need the ps3 roster because even though i play the game on a ps2, im too cheap to buy a max drive, I do have that 3$ sony ps2 memcard to usb though. If you have a ps3 roster that you can put on a flash drive, you can transfer it onto the ps2 memcard with the ps3.

How exactly do you make a ps3 version of a roster?
1) Download the PS2 roster from one of the threads on this forum
2) Move the roster file over to your PS2 via ActionReplay
3) Save the roster file to your PS2 memory card
4) Take the same memory card and took it up to your PS2 memory card reader for PS3
5) After copying it to your PS3, copy the now PS3 roster file to a flash drive
6) Copy the file from your flash drive to your computer
7) upload the file to here/share-space/whatever
8) POST THE FILE HERE!

Hell, if you can do this, we'd be more than happy. I'm extra mad at myself for selling my PS2 and memory cards to Amazon.com's trade-ins. I wouldn't mind buying an Action Replay and a Memory Card USB reader for only 50 bucks total to play some updated rosters... and if you don't want to spend the money, take the Action Replay back to the store you got it from and say that it doesn't work. Usually works for me!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektah
I do have that 3$ sony ps2 memcard to usb though.
What exactly are you talking about? Because if you're talking about the converter where you plug a memory card (ps2) into a slot and the other end is a usb plug I sure as hell haven't seen any for $3 lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #12
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I think I remember seeing an actual ps2 memory card that has a built in usb. It allowed you to transfer saves back and forth easily. But I remember it being way more that 3 bucks lol. The only choices back then were the action replay, the usb mem card or modding your console.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #13
Rookie

devils17's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoybeardo
What exactly are you talking about? Because if you're talking about the converter where you plug a memory card (ps2) into a slot and the other end is a usb plug I sure as hell haven't seen any for $3 lol.
You can buy one right now from China on Ebay for 6 dollars....

GILL!!!! 6 DOLLARS!!!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by devils17
You can buy one right now from China on Ebay for 6 dollars....

GILL!!!! 6 DOLLARS!!!!!
Well that's nice and all but I'm too cheap to buy an AR lol. And I can't think of any store that sells them anymore that I can return it to, including gamestop where I work. Unless you mean return it online. I fear the worst though, because this guy made the post 4 weeks ago and he hasn't even made so much as an update so I doubt it's going very well.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:20 AM   #15
Rookie

Forgive me for double posting (still a n00b, not sure how/if editing can be done) but I had actually committed to getting the AR but just found out, HELLO! The second memory card slot in my ps2 doesn't work making AR no longer an option. Unless one of you guys can give me another way to do it, I've heard of sharkport but I'm not entirely sure how that works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #16
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Gentlemen,

I wanted to give you a heads up on the PS3 save file. Long story short I'm not going to be able to do it. I went in around $300 originally into this foray between getting a backwards compatible PS3, ps2 memory card, and the data max. Long story short the backwards PS3 showed up completely unprotected and destroyed more than likely the seller was fraudulent and I had to wait over three weeks to get my money back through pay-pal. The first copy of NFL2k that I purchased (supposedly brand new $20) showed up in used condition and it appeared the seller had taken the game disc and played Frisbee with it in a mud pit.

Right now I have three copies of NFL2k5 (2PS2, 1Xbox) a memory card with the PS2 save files on it and the data max transfer. I wanted to thank Gil for putting the files on a memory card for me but unfortunately I have given up.

If any of you guys are interested on purchasing the PS2 memory card from me with the PS2 save files on it let me know, as I said I also have the data max so if any of you were interested in converting the files all you would need is a backwards compatible PS3 and the game obviously. I tried to get it done but it had just become to time consuming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »