Home

2k21 PS2 Coach Mode Roster

This is a discussion on 2k21 PS2 Coach Mode Roster within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2020, 03:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
2k21 PS2 Coach Mode Roster

Edit: Please see post #5 in the thread for the final version and a PCSX2 friendly format. This one and the one converted to .max are old versions missing a lot of improvements.

This is a PS2 2k21 roster with edits made to attributes for Coach Mode. All edits done in game. You'll notice some things that look odd like DBs all having low ratings but, it works really well in Coach Mode using the sliders I've posted. The sliders were created by a user here named Capa and I also used his ratings recommendations as a guideline for the attribute adjustments. I hope this helps you fellow Coach Mode enthusiasts on PS2 continue to get some joy from this amazing game.

This roster is an edited version of the standard roster found in THIS thread.

Sliders are the same for Human/CPU

Blocking: 30
Passing: 40
Running: 38
Catching: 40
Coverage: 15
Pursuit: 25
Tackling: 0
Kicking: 40
Fatigue: 5
Injury: 6
Fumble: 16
Int: 0
Attached Files
File Type: zip BASLUS-209192k21V2.zip (258.4 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by Gomer11; 12-20-2020 at 05:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2020, 04:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2k21 PS2 Coach Mode Roster

Can anybody turn this into a .max file to be used with pcsx2? I tried my best but I am not as tech savvy as I thought!

Thanks for your work on this.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by isherdish
Can anybody turn this into a .max file to be used with pcsx2? I tried my best but I am not as tech savvy as I thought!

Thanks for your work on this.
Does this one work for you?
I haven't tested but used the "PS2 Save Builder" from https://www.ps2savetools.com/
Attached Files
File Type: zip mySave.max.zip (284.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 11-12-2020, 08:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes! Thank you
Old 12-20-2020, 05:06 PM   #5
Rookie

After several iterations, I've created my own Ultimate 2K5 Coach Mode package and maybe you'll enjoy it as well. It includes a current roster with attributes adjusted all over to work with coach mode, a MobileQB offense excluding plays that don't work in Coach Mode like many bootlegs, a maxed out West Coast Offense and a Settings save file.

All saves are in .psu format to work with PCSX2.

This game was not designed to be played in coach mode but, hopefully this setup will allow you to enjoy it that way. Don't pay too much attention to the attribute numbers, they're going to look weird, and focus on the gameplay itself. There will be some trade-offs like dumb DBs so you don't have 4-5 interceptions every game. You'll still throw plenty and get the same.

Take care and good luck out there.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2K5CoachMode.zip (323.7 KB, 47 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2021, 04:00 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Hi there,

would love to try these out. is the reason why every team has a really low defense to ensure not alot of picks are thrown? I tried this by playing a half (8min quarters) with seahawks vs raiders and the halftime score was 28-24. I think this is really high and there were so many big passing plays. Is this normal? Is it a mix between some really high scoring games and some more defensive games?
Old 07-22-2021, 12:14 PM   #7
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Hi there,

would love to try these out. is the reason why every team has a really low defense to ensure not alot of picks are thrown? I tried this by playing a half (8min quarters) with seahawks vs raiders and the halftime score was 28-24. I think this is really high and there were so many big passing plays. Is this normal? Is it a mix between some really high scoring games and some more defensive games?
Are you playing coach mode? Think the idea is to play in coach mode because ai vs ai is usually not very offensive so these rosters are made to combat the low completion percentages and interceptions by qb's in coach mode specifically
Old 07-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Hi there,

Hi Tarek. Yes, these rosters and the sliders are meant to help with the AI in Coach mode that throws way too many INTs. Games should be varied in terms of scoring. I've made some tweaks to the roster and to the sliders/settings to reflect a lot of the changes made this off season. If you're interested in trying those, let me know and I'll post them here. It's also important with these rosters that if you're getting eaten alive by a particular offensive player that you go into your Defensive Matchups screen and double team them or assign a particular player to them. Stars will burn you if you don't account for them in some way with your scheme.

Just keep in mind that no game is perfect and you'll still see the AI do some dumb things but, this setup should give you just about the best Coach mode experience you can have on 2K5. A game known for having a pretty bad coach mode experience at default.

To clarify Tarek, are you playing this on an emulator or on the actual PS2? I'd have to provide different files for each.

Last edited by Gomer11; 07-22-2021 at 02:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »