Home

Rosters, Franchises, and Freezing...Oh My (question)

This is a discussion on Rosters, Franchises, and Freezing...Oh My (question) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rosters, Franchises, and Freezing...Oh My (question)

New to the party. I see numerous rosters and franchises over at nfl2k5rosters.com , however I have noticed that for many of the franchise files, there is a disclaimer saying that it is meant for only that year's season only (!!!! ) and will crash or freeze if continued past. Am I to assume then that any franchises created from the same roster will freeze past year 2 as well?

(damn, really want some franchise from the 80's to work ) ...and for those that are playing earlier pre 32 team franchises, am I correct in assuming that you can just alter play-off teams/schedule and whatnot if necessary with editor?)

(and I guess that begs another question -- what franchise files are actually stable and able to go past the first season?????)

Last edited by Redwolf; 10-21-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rosters, Franchises, and Freezing...Oh My (question)

Rosters/franchises are pretty delicate. Sometimes the smallest things can cause freezing or slow simulations. I've luckily never ran into a hard freeze in any of the files I've made so far. I can't speak for the roster creators of the files you're talking about so I don't know if they ran into an error while using the editor, or maybe they used an older version of the editor before improvements were made. Sadly, the only way to "fix" a hard freeze is to go back to one of your backup files (if you're the roster creator) and try to troubleshoot. A real pain. So you're kind of stuck with what you got with these older files, sorry.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Hey, thanks for responding.
Just would hate to invest my time into a franchise only to discover it messes up down the road.
So I assume then that all your rosters/franchises will run multi-season without mess up?

Was hoping for some of the dophin26 80's rosters to be stable in that department , but oh well.

I am thinking Rickster's 2011-2012 roster/franchise should be fine (I know him from Madden work and there is no way he would release something that can't do what it is suppose to do)...and GR18's stuff might be fine ? (I see numerous versions of his 2009-2010 roster/franchise which indicates he was really working at it so I doubt it is only one season worthy, but don't know for sure (?).

And the Rate Sports 2016 and your 2016 in progress I guess is going to be good too (?).

Last edited by Redwolf; 10-26-2016 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #4
MVP

GillBoldberg's Arena

OVR: 10

I can really only speak on my files, but if the others have no warnings about being only 1 season then it should be safe to assume they work.

The only real issues with some franchises is slow simulation (usually during the preseason, can take up to 5-30 mins sometimes) and the "stat glitch," where you'll see ridiculous stats for some of the players in the league (10,000+ pass yds, almost as if the stats from a previous year didn't get reset). The stat glitch seems to only happen during the 2nd and sometimes 3rd season, back to normal beyond that. There's a way to fix it, but theres also a good chance that "fix" will also cause your franchise to freeze, so we're kind of stuck with it.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the heads up, appreciated.
...as to the warnings, they only seemed to be on the Xbox side (but again dophin26 focused on that system and the pages over at his site (nfl2k5rosters.com) were far more Xbox detailed so that got me really nervous about any of the PS2 rosters/franchises as there were nothing written about them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #6
Rookie

What would cause the glitch in the roster though? What would you look for?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football > ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters »