Home

The Career of J.D. Clark (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on The Career of J.D. Clark (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 01:56 AM   #49
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Career of J.D. Clark (NCAA 14)

Hey man...was in the area to tie up a couple of loose ends with my own dynasty and saw yours...I must say this is really, really good. Love the format and the holistic way you are doing the updates. This is probably my favorite NCAA dynasty on OS right now. Also cool that you've dedicated it to your grand pappy, who will hopefully become the Bear Bryant of the Vandals as your dynasty progresses.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:32 AM   #50
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswgrad2012
Nice comeback victory. We're at 2-3 now, right?

Looking back at the Wazzu game, the Cougs ran it only 3 times on you? Wow...
Not a typo! lolol... It was weird. I kept expecting some draws and whatnot but they never came.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Hey man...was in the area to tie up a couple of loose ends with my own dynasty and saw yours...I must say this is really, really good. Love the format and the holistic way you are doing the updates. This is probably my favorite NCAA dynasty on OS right now. Also cool that you've dedicated it to your grand pappy, who will hopefully become the Bear Bryant of the Vandals as your dynasty progresses.
I just saw that you ended the Wyoming dynasty... Just from taking a quick look through it, it's exactly the type of dynasty I would have enjoyed following and I will read up on it as I get the chance. That is one thing I haven't done yet in my exceedingly late return to NCAA / buying NCAA 14... is follow other reports real close. In doing a dynasty that I want to "take my time" with I'm putting a lot more into this.. I think once I get through a season and have all templates in place it won't take me so long to do small things and I expect to do more reading/responding. Especially if the people whose reports I'm following will UPDATE!. Are you done with NCAA? Sorry to see your 'nasty go... Thanks for the kind words man.

Last edited by Hellisan; 05-20-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #51
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Last edited by Hellisan; 05-26-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Helli - great update on the Temple game. What a crazy game it looked like - especially with their high rushing yards - then your receiving yards were crazy.

Good luck against Fresno State. I'm rooting for ya - could be a shoot out by the looks of the offenses though!
Old 05-26-2014, 03:59 AM   #53
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Moscow, ID – The Vandals had no hope of keeping up with the vaunted offense of Fresno State yesterday afternoon at the Kibbie Dome. An offensive line that was not supposed to be the strong suit of the Bulldogs paved the way for 665 yards of offense, while Idaho could manage only 287 total offensive yards.

The Bulldogs broke out with two runs of over 20 yards on the first drive of the game, as Derek Carr surprised the Vandals with an option keeper that he took right up the middle for a 36-yard touchdown. Unlike other games this season the Idaho offense could not respond as they ended up trailing 20-0 before putting their first points on the board. Fresno then scored 21 points in the second quarter to lead 41-9 at halftime.

Davante Adams had an incredible performance as he was completely untouchable to the Vandal defenders, who couldn’t break up a single pass in the game. Adams corraled 10 passes for an ungodly 220 yards. Most of the time when he caught the ball there were no Vandal defenders within five yards.

Carr had no problem carving up the defense, with his interception coming on a hail mary attempt before the end of the first half. Carr threw just two touchdowns, but started most drives off with multiple completions of over 15 yards as Fresno seemed to be in the red zone immeidately on each possession.

Idaho made a little run in the second half, scoring 10 points including a fumble that backup DE Marius Burgsmueller picked up and rumbled 81 yards with for a touchdown. The Vandals then forced a punt on consecutive drives and were able to put a pair of long field goals on the board thanks to the incredible leg strength of K Austin Rehkow.

The game was never close, but HB Marteze Waller removed any doubt when he burst up the middle for an easy 75-yard touchdown run with 3:53 remaining in the game.

Taylor Elmo set to play against Arkansas State

Tight end Taylor Elmo has missed all of the season to date with a torn rotator cuff, but is expected to be healthy enough to contribute next week as he has shown marked improvement.

Last edited by Hellisan; 10-08-2014 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:41 AM   #54
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Coverage of Week 6

Old 05-26-2014, 05:23 AM   #55
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #56
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Idaho has narrowed its board significantly to 17 players, including 13 freshmen. The four JUCO players that are on the board (including one signed player) are slightly higher than preferred, but the fact is the talent for some of these players overrides other concerns.

Coach Clark can't comment on specific players, but he indicated on an interview with a local radio station recently that having a few such players can be a necessity.

"In order to turn the program around, I have to keep my job," said Clark. "I can't turn the Idaho football program around if I'm on the street, and players like the JUCO players we're looking at can help us win games and be a valuable part of our program."

Notable Players on the Board

T Dan King - 6-1, 275 - One of the top players on our board all season long due to his excellent strength, King has the size of a center. There is some possibility he will be moved to either a guard or center position, but we don't want to hurt his development too much in doing so. With Idaho currently holding his only visit he appears to be a lock.

CB Terrance Rhodes - 6-0, 183 - Solid speed and athleticism to go with good height and solid coverage abilities. We haven't gotten a handle on his abilities in zone coverage since his high school rarely played him in that type of coverage. Nevada and Utah State are in play, although the Vandals have a decent sized lead and Rhodes indicates playing time - something Idaho can offer - is his #1 priority.

G Curtis Booker - 6-4, 287 - Doesn't have a ton of brute strength but is a great funcational athlete for his size and has good blocking skills. With a huge lead in the recruiting battle and the ability to offer him playing time, it appears Booker will be a Vandal. He's exactly the type of player Coach Clark would like to redshirt and get into the program.

OLB Josh Smith - 6-3, 228 - Idaho isn't exactly looking to make a pipeline out of Alaska despite the fun plays on words that are available. Josh Smith is a player the team felt had promise early, and feel he can be a very solid player for the team after a redshirt season. He was originally a 59, scouted to a 66.

JUCO WR Kevin Cooper - 6-3, 200 - A receiver with a nice sized frame who has incredible acceleration and leaping ability, Cooper is a player that needs some work but as a JUCO guy with playing time as his priority, may not get it. His hands are iffy but he runs spectacular routes. Idaho is his only scheduled visit.

SS Tommy Williams - 6-6, 207 - Williams is a 60 OVR scouted to a 64, but we believe he can be a pretty effective player. While not good in man coverage, he's solid in zone and with his 6-6 frame and solid jumping ability, the team feels he could be in on a lot of plays by the time he's a junior or senior, assuming playing time.

DT Eric Mitchell - 5-11, 286 - The Vandals jumped on Mitchell late, due to the lack of interest he was receiving from other teams. (He is the allotted 3-star player we can recruit after week 5). There's no guarantee the Vandals will end up with him as he would much rather play for a big name school.

Notable Signings

G Mata'ala Maulalo - 6-5, 283 - The Vandals were happy to sign this solid blocker from Hawaii. While nothing special, he could develop nicely.

JUCO MLB Dan Wilcox - 5-9, 249 - In off the record discussions, Clark has indicated Wilcox is the type of player he would have loved to have for four years, but the most he'll get is two. Wilcox has gotten his grades in order and is just a freak of an athlete given his fire hydrant shape. He has incredible speed, acceleration and agility for a linebacker his size, and has knocked out a couple of opponents this year.

T Carl Tillman - 6-4, 312 - A tackle who specializes in pass blocking, Tillman will likely redshirt but is a player the team will be tempted to start. He is very solid all around although he is not physically dominant. The kind of player who really benefits with a redshirt season.

Last edited by Hellisan; 06-15-2014 at 05:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »