Home

Orange and Black: Matt10's Oregon State Beavers

This is a discussion on Orange and Black: Matt10's Oregon State Beavers within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2014, 04:00 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Orange and Black: Matt10's Oregon State Beavers

2014 OREGON STATE BEAVERS
Head Coach: Mike Riley
Offensive Coordinator: John Garrett
Defensive Coordinator: Mark Banker
Offense: Pro
Defense: 4-3

Matt10: I'm excited to have an above average QB in Sean Mannion. I think he is NFL material for sure.

Matt10: Woods is your speedster - but so is Ward. I think Woods will do a lot of grunt work - but Ward will have more touchdowns.

Matt10: Mullaney is speedy, and finds himself open; but that's it without a strong enough slot receiver. Not the best receiving core - yikes.

Matt10: Safe to say the plays to the right will be adequate - but I have to make sure to not call any screen plays on the left.

Matt10: Wynn is a good player - he doesn't seem to get off the line quick enough though - but maybe I just need to pay a bit more attention.

Matt10: This linebacking core is where the strengths of the team really shine - and The Doctor prescribes the pain!

Matt10: I look forward to seeing Nelson make some great athletic plays, but also some possible returns by trading off with T-Ward.

Matt10: Thunder and Lightning combo right here. Zimmerman has the finesse and athleticism, while Murphy is a ball carrier punisher.

Matt10: T-Ward is returning kicks, and as mentioned above, Steven Nelson is next in line. Oh, kickers and punters...yup.

Next Update: 2014 Schedule

Last edited by Matt10; 05-28-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #10
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Good looking roster graphics, you take all those from direct game capture, right? El Gato? What system do you play on? It looks nothing like my game, lol.... You're right the uniforms are nice looking, I hope you enjoy the season. the Doctor will hopefully prescribe nothing but bad times for opposing offenses. I get the feeling the identity of this team changes bigtime to a team that might need to rely on its defense to win them some games... And maybe run more than 25% of the time. Is WR going to be the #1 priority in recruiting? Cooks leaves a huge absence it appears. I will delete this when you quote/respond later since it's right in the middle of the season intro...
Old 05-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #11
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

that roster post doe
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Good looking roster graphics, you take all those from direct game capture, right? El Gato? What system do you play on? It looks nothing like my game, lol.... You're right the uniforms are nice looking, I hope you enjoy the season. the Doctor will hopefully prescribe nothing but bad times for opposing offenses. I get the feeling the identity of this team changes bigtime to a team that might need to rely on its defense to win them some games... And maybe run more than 25% of the time. Is WR going to be the #1 priority in recruiting? Cooks leaves a huge absence it appears. I will delete this when you quote/respond later since it's right in the middle of the season intro...
Hey, Helli. No worries at all about the post. I never have that much in the first couple of posts. I like to put the dynasty's progression on the 2nd post that is reserved - and that's it.

I play on an Avermedia C027 PCI capture card using HDMI. Unlike some of the more popular set ups, this allows me to play direct on my PC monitor with no lag time. Installation is a breeze, and even more so is the cost of the card being under $90 - supports S-Video, RGB, Component and HDMI. Comes with Avermedia Center software which does it's job - but is also supported by other PVR softwares such as DScaler, etc.

I love your insight about the team - and you're absolutely right. I've been doing reports for a while as you have - so there's one thing about me that stands out - and that's my stick skills. They are just crap. So that's probably why I like DEFENSE more than anything, I don't need skills for it - just pick a play and watch it unfold. This is why I am REALLY excited about the defense. That LB core and the safeties of Thunder and Lightning are going to be super fun.

I just wish they weren't all upper classmen - but at least now I know what I'm looking for in recruiting. Yes, I am looking for a stand out receiver - Cooks absence is really painful, especially since I was using him in a test dynasty before - and now he's poof...gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
that roster post doe
Thanks, Lop - go update yours - get outta here!
Old 05-16-2014, 01:58 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Next Update: "Coach's Corner" with Mike Riley

Last edited by Matt10; 05-29-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #14

NewNapkin's Arena

OVR: 9

ooooooooooooo this is good stuff, Matt. Following for sure.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmvp
ooooooooooooo this is good stuff, Matt. Following for sure.
Thanks, dr - good to see you, man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2014, 11:23 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Next Update: Week 1 Pregame

Last edited by Matt10; 05-29-2014 at 09:42 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »