Home

We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #65
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Saved from "Boyling" Water

Boyle rallies UConn from down 20 in 2nd half

Somewhere in this heap, Sean McQuillan hauls in the winning score.

I'm not sure which I understand less, giving up 27 points to Stony Brook in one half, or being down by 20 to them at the half without putting up so much as a fight to contend with them.

The only way UConn still had a chance at the half was a miracle play in the first quarter when Chandler Whitmer heave-hoed down field and found Geremy Davis, who outran the secondary for an 85 yard score. Aside from that, UConn, on both ends of the ball, looked like a chicken with its head cut off. 'Nuff said.

Enter Tim Boyle.

Brief Bio on Boyle: 6 foot 3, 216 pounds. True sophomore, played good-but-not-great in a handful of starts last year before being benched for grad assistant Casey Cochran. One-time Boston College prospect.

(Fun fact: It was so widely assumed Boyle was going to BC during 2013 recruiting, that BC didn't look at anyone else at QB. When he committed to UConn, BC had to scramble and ended up with James Walsh and Mackay Lowrie, viewed as similarly talented prospects but each with a little more mobility. Both guys left in the 2013-14 offseason, Walsh left the program and Lowrie left for the U of Rhode Island last spring where he united with...wait for it.. former UConn RB Lyle McCombs. Oh yeah, we just came full circle. I am such a nerd...)

So, instead of riding pine in Chestnut Hill, Boyle got his big chance in East Hartford. To save the hopeless UConn Huskies.. from big, scary Stony Brook, who outgained them by well over 200 yards in the first half.

And boy(le) did he deliver.

Despite not throwing a TD, Boyle kept his composure and guided several methodical drives which led to UConn scores.

Max DeLorenzo got UConn back in the game with a pair of 1 yard TD dives with 2 minutes left in the 3rd and with 4 minutes left in the 4th, leaving UConn with a 7 point deficit and 4 minutes.

Not Max DeLorenzo, but Geremy Davis had his share of big plays.

Stony Brook, as they did most of their other drives in the second half, went 3 and out.

Boyle again completed a number of short passes, but on a scramble was hit hard and left the game.

Re-enter Whitmer.

Boyle had gotten UConn down to the 30, so Whitmer just had to hand off a few times, then fire a TD on an out to Sean McQuillan to put UConn up 28-27.

But the mission was still not yet complete. The Seawolves still had 1:45 and 75 yards to try to score again.

Steve Baker did a good impersonation of Boyle, finding his open men and marching Stony Brook down to the 10 quickly. However, with no timeouts and 10 seconds they had to stop the clock to try to get a field goal up.

On a straight ahead run from Lamar Collins, UConn stuffed the running back in an attempt to center the ball.

UConn sat on the ball and nonchalantly switched to their field goal unit as Stony Brook rushed out to try to get the kick up.

Time ran out right before the snap, and UConn held on, albeit barely, for the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
If we don't win this one....
So we won. We should be happy. We solved the QB dilemma (We hope) with Tim Boyle. But I still am on edge from this quote I left in the last recap. We barely beat a crappy FCS team. This doesn't inspire much confidence. However, I'm a pessimist, so take it how you may.

We have Tulsa next. Another must-win in my eyes. And I think we can win it. But enough of the future.

WE WON!!!!!! Bob Diaco got his first head coaching win!!! HELL YEAH!!!!

See you next week.

Stony Brook Seawolves at Connecticut Huskies
Oct 4, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Stony Brook Seawolves (1-5)14130027
Connecticut Huskies (1-3)7071428
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGSTONCONN
5:21(STON) Baker 3 run (Harris kick)70
3:22(STON) Baker 11 pass Jones (Harris kick)140
1:53(CONN) Whitmer 85 pass Davis (Puyol kick)147
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGSTONCONN
5:48(STON) Baker 11 pass Jones (Harris kick)217
1:14(STON) Harris 17 FG247
:00(STON) Harris 30 FG277
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGSTONCONN
1:56(CONN) DeLorenzo 1 run (Puyol kick)2714
4:39(CONN) DeLorenzo 1 run (Puyol kick)2721
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGSTONCONN
1:51(CONN) Whitmer 8 pass McQuillan (Puyol kick)2728
Stony Brook Seawolves
Connecticut Huskies
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tim Boyle7-1119801
Chandler Whitmer10-2217224
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Max DeLorenzo16563.52
Tim Boyle5397.80
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Sean McQuillan6569.31
Deshon Foxx413533.70
Geremy Davis212864.01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Kenton Adeyemi 9100
Jefferson Ashiru8000
Jamar Summers5010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
UConn actually trailed for most of this one in reality, but won on a Deshon Foxx punt return. Should be a nail biter.
Was a close one here too...

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-07-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #66
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

Way too close in that one...
Old 01-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #67
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

Fun fact: Tim Boyle played high school football with my cousin, the kicker, who was a senior when Boyle was a freshman.

Nice win. It ain't pretty, but you'll take it, right? All you're trying to do is get to 6 wins.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #68
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

NCAA & American Players of the Week

2014 American Athletic Conference Standings - Updated: Oct 5, 2014
TEAMRECPCTCONFPFPASTRK
UCF4-11-0
Houston3-11-0
USF3-21-0
Tulsa2-41-1
Cincinnati3-10-0
ECU3-10-0
Tulane2-10-0
Temple3-20-1
UConn1-30-0
SMU1-30-1
Memphis1-30-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
Way too close in that one...
I feel we did get a little too lucky with the comeback. Hopefully we don't need that going forward. Thanks for checking in, djp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po1soNNN
Fun fact: Tim Boyle played high school football with my cousin, the kicker, who was a senior when Boyle was a freshman.

Nice win. It ain't pretty, but you'll take it, right? All you're trying to do is get to 6 wins.
Very neat..

Yeah, just 5 wins in AAC play is all we need...

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-08-2017 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #69
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Thank you very much Lop. Glad to hear you like the layout, you inspired me a lot with your old Wichita State 'chise and as a result I have implemented and expanded upon some of your ideas. Getting better with pixlr (free alternative for photoshop) has also helped me out a lot with the layout.

It's really amazing to see all this activity in the thread, it means a lot to me that people are buying into my series, ideas and reporting style.

*****UCONN ON ANOTHER BYE IN WEEK 5******

NCAA Players of the Week

2014 American Athletic Conference Standings - Updated: Sep 29, 2014
TEAMRECPCTCONFPFPASTRK
Houston3-1
1-0

Tulsa2-3
1-0

East Carolina3-0
0-0

Cincinnati3-1
0-0

Temple3-1
0-1

UCF3-1
0-0

Tulane1-1
0-0

USF2-2
0-0

Memphis1-2
0-0

SMU1-3
0-1

UConn0-3
0-0

Hello Sports guru i am new to this forum. Just browsing and find your post, the layout is really very good. The reason i posted here is because to share some thing with you. As i am photo editor and graphics designer from last 7 year. Hence i must say that you put a great skill in your layout being not using any photoshop editor, With just pixlr you turned the layout very good. I amazed to see, that. Just recenlty some one has lauch a toolpic which is more better free Photoshop Online editor alternative. You will not find difficulty using toolpic because it is similar to pixlr, almost same., but the most i like about toolpic about it's ready made special effect function which we can direclty apply on the pics, and also it has animation template which we can put on our pics to have a final GIF file Which is animated.
Hope it help for your further photo editing.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #70
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

it's 2015, why are we still quoting posts with pictures?
Old 01-04-2015, 02:25 PM   #71
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackadmin
Hello Sports guru i am new to this forum. Just browsing and find your post, the layout is really very good. The reason i posted here is because to share some thing with you. As i am photo editor and graphics designer from last 7 year. Hence i must say that you put a great skill in your layout being not using any photoshop editor, With just pixlr you turned the layout very good. I amazed to see, that. Just recenlty some one has lauch a toolpic which is more better free Photoshop Online editor alternative. You will not find difficulty using toolpic because it is similar to pixlr, almost same., but the most i like about toolpic about it's ready made special effect function which we can direclty apply on the pics, and also it has animation template which we can put on our pics to have a final GIF file Which is animated.
Hope it help for your further photo editing.
First off, welcome to OS and thank you for the kind words.

I can't tell you how much Pixlr and Google Presentation (slide show creator) have helped me out in my past 3 projects, it's really allowed me to step up my presentation. It's really nice that people are enjoying the meshing of good layouts in the Around the NCAA, yet a simple recap, pics and box score in game recaps.

I'll have to check out the site further when I have a little more time, but it is quite similar like you said. May help me a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp73
it's 2015, why are we still quoting posts with pictures?
I wish I could answer this. New guys, maybe?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #72
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Pair of 3* recruits sign Letter of Intent with UConn

Good news comes in pairs apparently.

After winning their first game of 2014 over Stony Brook, a pair of recruits on their official visits committed to UConn and coach Bob Diaco.

The first of these prospects is 3* New Jersey corner Derek Robinson, a very talented corner who will bolster the group of very raw youngsters out in the secondary. His commitment further assures that both corner spots will be in good hands for years to come despite the departure of team captain Byron Jones at the end of the season. Robinson will join freshman Jamar Summers, and sophomores Jhavon Williams, John Green and Javon Hadley.

Robinson also has the potential to play receiver, which could come in handy as UConn will lose both of their starters next year.

The other commit is 3* DT T.J. Newell, a hometown prospect who is a welcome addition to an otherwise mediocre defensive line. Newell, who stands tall at 6'5, 250 pounds-plus, is a bruiser who has talent in the pass rush as well. Like Robinson, Newell could be an anchor for several years to come.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-07-2017 at 12:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »