Home

We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2017, 09:27 PM   #1089
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

All the side stories you keep us updated on is what makes this dynasty so great. It really helps with the immersion.

Of course I'm pulling for a UConn win, but at least a part of me is pulling for the boys in blue. Good luck either way, I'm looking forward to the outcome

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 07-22-2017, 11:56 PM   #1090
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

A-Maize-ing!

Bradford, Wade tally two picks apiece, UConn goes on 38-0 run to bury Wolverines in the Big House 48-27

Sophomore corner Shavlion Wade was one of the stars of the night with two INT's, including one returned 98 yards for a score.

What was all this talk about a tough out of conference schedule?

UConn continues to prove the talk of a ringer-esque OOC schedule was mere heresy as the 17th-ranked Huskies walked into the Big House and trounced #12 Michigan 48-27 to run their record to 3-0 in the early stages of the 2020 season.

Leading the charge for UConn was a rather unlikely duo. Tanner Dean-Lowry (275 yards, 3 TDs) and a trio of TD's from tailback Luke Williamson led the scoring charge. However, it was a vintage performance from Coach Bob Diaco's defense that led to victory on the primetime stage.

The statistical numbers were not great as Darrell Reid from Michigan tossed for over 400 yards. However, senior All-American linebacker Marcus Bradford and sophomore rising star Shavlion Wade each picked off Reid twice, with Wade returning one of the picks 98 yards for a touchdown to turn the momentum completely in UConn's favor.

Michigan had a game early on, as Reid found junior tight end Stephen Williams, the reigning Mackey Award winner, for an early score. UConn would respond with a TDL touchdown toss to Rashad Harris from 11 yards out, and the floodgates would begin to open after Bradford's two picks on successive Wolverine drives, resulting in seven points on the legs of Williamson.

Wade's first INT came on the next Wolverine drive. With Michigan moving downfield, Reid heaved a deep ball headed toward the end zone. Wade leapt in front of J.J. Jones and snagged the pass at the 2. Getting a block and maneuvering around downed Wolverines, Wade circled into the end zone and had a clear lane around the right side of the field. He beat everyone home to give the Huskies a 21-7 lead and momentum for the remainder of the game.

Having already turned the ball over on three straight possessions, the Wolverines continued their turnover ways out of the halftime break. Reserve D-End James Mandrell stripped Reid, leading to a 12 yard TD catch for Kevin Lacey.

Reserve D-End James Mandrell made his case for more playing time with a forced fumble of Darrell Reid.

Wade's second INT on the next UM possession almost resulted in more points, but David Ferguson would stop the bleeding for Michigan with an interception of his own in the end zone.

By the time the dust settled, UConn had gone on a 38-0 run between the end of the first quarter through 2 minutes remaining in the third quarter to take a 38-7 lead. The Wolverines would get on track offensively with a TD throw from Reid to Lewis Maxey and short TD runs from Derrick Lawton and Landon Boone to make the final a little more respectable at 48-27. However, there was little doubt that UConn dominated the game on both offense and defense.

It wasn't all bad for Michigan. Lewis Maxey recorded a TD catch on the evening.

Coach Bob Diaco was very impressed with the improvement in the defense after the first two weeks of the season.

Quote:
Yeah we sucked in the fourth and I hate that our guys became complacent. But five straight turnovers is incredible no matter how you slice it, and they didn't just come from our stars. Shav [Wade] is still young and James [Mandrell] is a backup. We got production out of everyone and I liked that a lot.
Are we back to the UConn of old? All defense, but with the added bonus of having a high-octane offense!?!?

We're sure off to a flying starting.

And you know what else?

The Battle for New England is next week. Get hyped everyone. Thanks as always for joining the UConn soul train. See ya in Foxborough.

Connecticut Huskies at Michigan Wolverines
Sep 5, 20201ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#17 Connecticut Huskies (3-0)721101048
#12 Michigan Wolverines (0-2)7071327
Team Stats Comparison
CONNMICH
Total Offense411430
Rushing Yards13612
Passing Yards275418
First Downs1921
Punt Return Yards2913
Kick Return Yards11046
Total Yards550489
Turnovers15
3rd Down Conversion9-14 (64%)9-13 (69%)
4th Down Conversion0-01-2
2-Point Conversion0-00-1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals6-3-13-2-0
Penalties1-51-5
Possession Time16:0315:57
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGCONNMICH
5:20(MICH) Reid 21 pass Williams (Zapata kick)07
:28(CONN) Dean-Lowry 11 pass Harris (Miller kick)77
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGCONNMICH
5:41(CONN) Williamson 29 run (Miller kick)147
1:05(CONN) Wade returned 98 INT (Miller kick)217
:27(CONN) Dean-Lowry 12 pass Lacey (Miller kick)287
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGCONNMICH
6:01(CONN) Miller 38 FG317
2:39(CONN) Dean-Lowry 33 pass Williamson (Miller kick)387
1:46(MICH) Reid 34 pass Maxey (Zapata kick)3814
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGCONNMICH
7:43(CONN) Lawton 1 run (2-pt. failed)3820
4:29(MICH) Miller 22 FG4120
2:23(CONN) Boone 1 run (Zapata kick)4127
1:18(MICH) Williamson 1 run (Miller kick)4827
Connecticut Huskies
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tanner Dean-Lowry19-3227531
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Luke Williamson241014.22
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Kevin Lacey45614.01
Jeff McNeal44611.50
Rashad Harris35919.61
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Kyler Parks8000
Marcus Bradford5020
Shavlion Wade3021
Michigan Wolverines
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Darrell Reid30-4741824
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Derrick Lawton15412.71
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Vince Miller912013.30
Stephen Williams77310.41
J.J. Jones59919.80
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Bo Ernst9000
Quinton Baker7000
Chris Nicholson5 (TFL)100

Not to be overlooked, the All-American Bradford continues his big play ways.

Luke Williamson continues his fine start to the year with another 100 yard day and a TD through the air as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
All the side stories you keep us updated on is what makes this dynasty so great. It really helps with the immersion.

Of course I'm pulling for a UConn win, but at least a part of me is pulling for the boys in blue. Good luck either way, I'm looking forward to the outcome

I take a lot of pride in the side stories.. I never realized until recently how much they contribute to the report. This is your dynasty universe just as much as it is mine so I feel obligated to let you in on it! And truthfully this aspect of the UConn dynasty is why I couldn't go on with Maryland. The storylines with UConn -- the Big 12, Diaco reportedly leaving every year, the D-Ham saga of 2018, Bobby Valentine and the A.D. post -- they've been writing themselves in front of my very eyes over the first six and a quarter seasons here.

And in this case.. it's Darrell Reid. He started this game. We all remember the giant fuss made over him a couple years back so I couldn't play Michigan with him starting and not bring it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundingThird
Ah yes, the school I'm going to against one of the schools to turn me down. If you play Miami (OH) or Ohio State in upcoming years, I'll be really torn, as those were the other schools that wanted me. I was so close to going to Miami actually.
Miami is really interesting actually... thinking of starting a coaching career by chance? Hahah..

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:17 AM   #1091
Rookie

slicknick3822's Arena

What a win over the traitor Darrel Reid and TDL keeps his heisman hopes alive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2017, 01:52 AM   #1092
MVP

whughes's Arena

Well I sure didn't expect that lopsided of a win. Great team performance all the way around. It's hard to win football games when you only have 12 team rushing yards, and turn the ball over that many times.

Just like the Brady Hoke era irl, he recruited highly ranked players, and none of them played up to their expectations. Way to lay an egg in your first two collegiate starts Reid, kid has major turnover issues.

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 07-23-2017, 09:07 AM   #1093
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

NCAA Players of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknick3822
What a win over the traitor Darrel Reid and TDL keeps his heisman hopes alive
Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Well I sure didn't expect that lopsided of a win. Great team performance all the way around. It's hard to win football games when you only have 12 team rushing yards, and turn the ball over that many times.

Just like the Brady Hoke era irl, he recruited highly ranked players, and none of them played up to their expectations. Way to lay an egg in your first two collegiate starts Reid, kid has major turnover issues.
Thanks to the both of you... yeah it was a fantastic win, very nice to see the defense get back on track following some struggles the first two weeks. We put Reid in his place!

whughes, I hope Michigan goes 5-7 or worse so Hoke has a chance of getting fired. He isn't going to win a national title ever at this rate in the dynasty.. get someone to better cultivate and utilize the talent. If he gets fired that can create some really juicy storylines too!

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-23-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #1094
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Report: Crowder, Jackson have spat with Diaco after Michigan game

A report from an anonymous source says that cornerback Jake Crowder and quarterback Isaac Jackson were involved in a verbal altercation with head coach Bob Diaco after Saturday’s win against the Michigan Wolverines.

The source states that Crowder, a senior cornerback who garnered All-American honors last season, complained to Diaco about being benched at different points in the last two games. Crowder was paired up against Tennessee’s #1 wideout J.D. Motley two weeks ago, and Motley had 11 catches for 202 yards and 2 TD’s, with most of those stats coming at the expense of Crowder. On the closing drive, Crowder was taken out by Coach Diaco on select plays in favor of junior J.D. Rudie and sophomore Sam Barnett. While Crowder did come in and make the game saving tackle on Motley to preserve the Huskies’ victory, Diaco had warned his star corner on the bench that he needed to play better or risk being benched.

Crowder was benched again late in the going against Michigan after giving up a number of first down receptions at the expense of UM wideouts J.J. Jones, Timas Scallion and Vince Miller.

Diaco reportedly offered to sit down with Crowder and discuss ways to improve at multiple points in the last ten days, but apparently, Crowder did not take kindly to the help. On the plane ride home from Ann Arbor when Diaco sat down with Crowder to try and work out their issues, Crowder told Diaco to “go f--- himself” and that he didn’t need any help. After that, Diaco questioned Crowder’s commitment to the team and improving as a player. Crowder didn’t respond.

Jake Crowder was an All-American last year. Nine months later, the senior could be out of UConn's plans for the 2020 season.

After that incident, junior quarterback Isaac Jackson added that it was hard to play for a team that was run by a “racist hypocrite”, in reference to Diaco. Jackson was not happy about, in his eyes, not being given a fair shot to win the starting QB job this season. Diaco once again responded with a comment about being a team player and Jackson too did not respond.

Crowder has been struggling ever since spring ball. The senior from New Jersey tallied eight interceptions last year, tied for third most in school history. However, he gave up a lot of big plays in spring camp and has looked atrocious in his assignments vs. Indiana’s Tyler Merrick in week one, Tennessee’s Motley in Week 2 and then his poor play in general against Michigan.

Georgia native Jackson has led multiple comeback victories in his two years playing for UConn and guided the Huskies to the Big 12 Title Game after Tanner Dean-Lowry and Jarrett Rivero went down hurt last year. However, I-Jax was benched before last year’s Buffalo Wild Wings Cactus Bowl upon TDL’s return and hasn’t regained ground since. TDL of course is now a Heisman candidate after throwing for 1100 yards and accounting for 12 TD’s in UConn’s first three games.

Coach Diaco declined to address the incident further, and it is unknown if any disciplinary measures will be taken. We’ll post updates when any new information is released.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-23-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:55 AM   #1095
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

Great win over Michigan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2017, 03:55 PM   #1096
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Hey man, I been following your dynasty a lot lately. I just started up my own. I was curious on how you do all those banners and add to presentation? I would love to learn how to do it for my thread when I start it!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »