Home

The N"If"L - A Look into the Future of an Alternate NFL

This is a discussion on The N"If"L - A Look into the Future of an Alternate NFL within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2015, 05:59 AM   #9
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The N"If"L - A Look into the Future of an Alternate NFL

Year 1 15/16 - Week 1

Last edited by Rumplebeanskin; 11-02-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:13 AM   #10
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Year 1 15/16 - Week 3

The Worldwide Leader in Sport

Ed Shakespear, NFL Analyst

End of the Road for Peyton Manning?

The 2015 season is still young to us, but the Denver Broncos sit at 0-2 and joint last place in a winnable AFC West. One reason for that, the poor play of Peyton Manning. His velocity is down, his interceptions are up and his offensive line can't keep him on his feet.

It's beginning to look like Manning will be done sooner rather than later in Denver, which probably can't come soon enough for the Tennessee Alum with each punishing sack he takes. At 39, Manning has nothing left to prove but the lure of another Championship run was sure to be too great. That dream appears to have turned to a nightmare though, and the Manning era in Denver could be ending.

There is still plenty of time to turn things around at Mile High, of course. But sources I spoke to this week suggest that there might be little left in the tank for #18 and his career could be over. We'll bring you more as soon as we have it, but keep tabs on Brock Osweiler as well. He would be the obvious replacement for Manning should anything transpire in the coming weeks.

Ed Shakespear
ESPN

Last edited by Rumplebeanskin; 11-02-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #11
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Year 1 15/16 - Week 4

Gridiron Scoop Dot Net

Everything NFL on the Down Low, Yo!

NFL Free Agents - Wikky Wikky Wild Wild West Edition!

Dexter - @DexterScoop247

What up beautiful Gridiron Scoop readers, it's your boy Dexter here back for another dive into the dirty waters of NFL free agency with guys who could move at the end of the season. It's going to be like the Wild West out there, but no boring old Wild West, we are talking about THIS guy's Wild West! Wikky Wikky Wah baby!

So what are we looking at? Plenty of high profile players could be on the move. Let's break them down into the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

The Good

WR Demaryius Thomas - Denver Broncos

I don't see any way these guys don't hit on a nice number. Thomas is the man in Denver, he's a freak to cover, and he's almost immune to the drop in QB play right now. These guys will make it happen.

The Defence of the Chiefs

Word on the street is that Kansas plan to secure the heart of their defence this off season. Justin Houston, Sean Smith and Tamba Hali are all going to be staying in town if the team has its way. The Chiefs have the cap room to make the right moves, I think everyone winds up happy. Apart from the rest of the AFC West!

WR Dez Bryant - Dallas Cowboys

Did he catch that ball? Didn't he catch that ball? What is a catch anyway!? Who cares, Dez won't. I'm hearing that Bryant is about to catch a fat contract extension and the Cowboys are happy to keep him around. What's more, the Cowboys see the young WR as a leader on this offence. No character issues in sight.

DE Fletcher Cox - Philadelphia Eagles

The Eagles moved up in the 2012 draft to grab Cox, he's played at a high level since he entered the league and Philly aren't going to let him walk out of town. Plus he's having a Pro Bowl season through 4 weeks, pay the man!

DE Muhammad Wilkerson - New York Jets

You just don't let a guy like this get off your roster. The Jets aren't killing it with the cap room, but even so, Wilkerson will be in New York next season. Repeat after me, Wilkerson is going to get RICH this off-season.

The Bad

LB Jerod Mayo - New England Patriots

I like Mayo. I hear the Pats like Mayo to. I don't think they can afford him. It's a bad spot for player and for team, the guy is playing lights out in Foxboro and I'm sure New England want to keep him. But Jerod also needs to get paid and I'm not sure he's going to get that if he sticks around. Maybe one side helps a deal get done.

Washington QBs

I can't say this is anything but bad. Kirk Cousins stinks and he wants a new contract. Do the Skins drop the bomb on RG3? Rumour has it they're ready to move on for good but aren't sure how best to do it and save face. Bad all round.

RB Matt Forte - Chicago Bears

Forte is a great player to have. He can run, he can block, he can catch out of the backfield. Hell, at this point he might even be good under centre. But the Bears aren't good. They are anything but at 0-4. Maybe it's time for Matt to find a team that can appreciate him. These Bears are a train wreck.

FS Harrison Smith - Minesotta Vikings

While the Vikes have the cap space, Smith has spent the last few years becoming one of the best players at his position. From what I'm hearing from my guys in the frozen tundra up north, both player and team are still a LONG way off in the money stakes on this one. Still, time for both sides to kiss and make up yet.

The rest of the Eagles Defence

As covered above, Fletcher Cox should get paid. But so should the linebacker due of Mychal Kendricks and Kiko Alonso. There's only so much money to go round, plus the Eagles may still need to look at their QB situation. Don't write this off, but don't bank on it either.

The Ugly

WR Josh Gordon - Cleveland Browns

Josh is done. Maybe he washes up somewhere else, he still has the talent. It won't be for the Browns though. Maybe he finds a new team as far away from Cleveland as he can go. Do they have a team in Hawaii?!

DT Nick Fairley - St Louis Rams

I don't know what these Rams are built to do this season, but looking at their record so far I don't think it's to win football games. Fairley is a bad egg. He won't be back. Hopefully this ends as amicably as it can.

CB Julius Joseph - Houston Texans

From what I'm hearing, Joseph has no desire to stay in Houston. I'm not sure this is a team or coach thing, he just doesn't like where he is and wants to move. Money can change a lot, but this might not be one of them.

DE Greg Hardy - Dallas Cowboys

At this point, who even wants Hardy around? He is a dangerous player to have in your locker room, a time bomb. When are Dallas going to cut and run? On field production only takes you so far, even if he has helped them to 3-1 on the season.

TE Marcedes Lewis - Jacksonville Jaguars

There has been a less than private clash between Lewis and the staff down in Florida. Lewis wants to be on a winner, and he's fed up of the rebuild. I don't see a way he sticks around to see if Blake Bortles improves. Put a bow on this one.

So, that's what I'm hearing. I'm not saying that everything will stay the same, this is the NFL we're talking about. We all know how crazy things can be! Hit me up in the comments section if you want to have your say!

Peace out!

Dexter

Last edited by Rumplebeanskin; 11-02-2015 at 10:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #12
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Year 1 15/16 - Week 5

Your Path To The Hottest Draft Talent!

Lloyd Bowerman, Senior Draft Writer

Draft Preview - Offence

It's never too early to look at the draft pool for this season's draft. After 5 weeks of play, we also have a pretty good idea who the league's winners and losers are likely to be come the end of the season. The race for ther #1 pick is still on between the Jets and the Bears, though the Rams may be in with a shout if they continue to tank. As always, we'll break this year's class down position by position starting with the offence now and the defence a little later in the year, giving our expert early opinions on a number of college's finest players.

OFFENCE

QB
  • For me, this isn't a particularly strong QB class. There may be a player or two who inevitably leaps up the 1st round but they might not be worthy of it. Some of these guys will be able to help teams and will provide value to those who wait on them.
  • One of those players who may yet vault up the draft is Tennessee signal caller Jack Riley. At 6'3" and 229lb, Riley exhibits pure pocket passer mechanics that will fit a variety of schemes at the next level. Whilst his accuracy and arm power aren't seen to be elite, Riley could be productive in the NFL.
  • Another player on the rise is Herschel Robinson of Nebraska. The 21 year old is leading the Corn Huskers on a charge this season with a string of solid performances. I'm still not sold that he's a first round player, but he continues to rise.
  • Trending down at QB is N.C State's dual threat player Connor Jackson. He was touted as a comfortable first round pick before the season began, but the Eagles gunslinger has really struggled in ACC play so far in 2015. Whilst his impressive arm strength should ensure he doesn't fall to far, his stock is going in the wrong direction at the moment.
RB
  • Much like the position above, teams looking for running back help may struggle this year. There are a few stand outs and situational players, but not enough to go round.
  • Rashaun Lauderdale of Oklahoma is the premier back in a weak class. An all round talent, The 5'11" runner is both elusive and strong and should have a bright future.
  • Antwan Cook from Texas is plummeting. A 2nd round player last season (electing to play another year in college), Cook has failed to live up to expectation. I'm unsure how far this kid drops, but it doesn't look good.
  • Teams looking for a bulldozer in the backfield should search no further than Washington's Seantrel Talbott. At 6'1" and 232lb, there may not be a better player in the draft for running over defenders rather than round them.
WR
  • Receiver continues this year's offensive trend. It isn't deep, but can offer help to those in the middle of the pack.
  • The main battle right now is between UCLA's Antwan Burton and LSU's Oscar Mason. Both need work as route runners, but both can make plays on the outside. At 6'4", Burton is an obvious red zone threat, but don't discount the physical tools available to Mason. I'm not sure which way this one goes yet.
  • The only player I see cracking the Burton/Mason 1-2 is Latevin Preston. A different talent at 5'8", Preston uses great technique and a quick first step to beat press coverage and haul in catches.
  • Gordon Dent is a receiver mentioned by some as a mid-1st round player. I don't see it. He has had big games, and made some key grabs. But in every down play he is still plagued by concentration and technique issues that I can't ignore. Drop him a couple of rounds and I think you will see value.
TE
  • There are players in this class who will produce in the NFL and fit the mould for new TEs in the game.
  • It is impossible to ignore Jared Lucas. Fans at Oklahoma can't stop talking about him and it's easy to see why. He will be the first TE off the board, it's just a case of when it happens on day 1.
  • In line with NFL trends, this is a pass catching group. Anyone looking for an old school blocker might be better waiting until day 2 and day 3.
  • I'm most intrigued by Scott Corbett. Predictions on him range wildly. He possesses plus speed for the position, agility and strength. His hands remain a question mark though.
T
  • This is a run heavy tackle class. I see a lot of the best products winding up on the right of the line rather than the left.
  • I have 4 tackles grading out in the 1st round right now with little to choose between them. Starks from Florida, Moss and Turner from Georgia and Young from Ohio State. There is little to pick between them so I'll wait for more tape.
  • Connor Middlebrooks continues to slide. Originally a 2nd round pick, he's drifting towards a 4th or 5th now in my eyes. He continues to show poor footwork when run blocking.
G
  • Guard may be the weakest position in this year's draft, perhaps Centre could beat it though. Too many players have serious question marks. I fear for teams reaching at this position, patience will be key.
  • Bradley Patrick of Texas A&M may be the most rounded player at the position. Physically he checks out well, and performs at an above average level with both the run and pass.
  • Aaron James and Phil Mason both grade out not far behind Patrick. From Nebraska and Oklahoma respectively, both players are holding steady at the end of the 2nd round for me.
C
  • Nathan Burns is the pick of the position. Excelling as a pass protector, he is no slouch in the run game and possesses elite strength. Florida State will find his bots tough to fill.
  • Outside of Burns, I have very little on my board. This will pose a real problem for anyone looking for help at the position.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:53 AM   #13
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Year 1 15/16 - Week 7

The 24-Hour Home of CBS Sports

Jeff Hardy-Grant, Contributor

Matt Forte Arrested, Bears Future in Doubt

Bears star running back Matt Forte was picked up in the early hours of Monday morning on the outskirts of Chicago. The Louisiana native was heard by multiple witnesses to be yelling obscenities and acting erratically. It is thought that Forte was intoxicated, though his blood-alcohol levels are not know at this time. The Chicago Police Department have not yet released a statement except to say that the man they picked up was indeed the ex-Tulane runner, Forte's nor his agent were available for comment when contacted.

The Bears and Forte stand at a cross roads with the team ranked dead last in the NFL and the player set to hit the open market at the end of the season. Chicago have not yet shown their hand with regards to Forte's services but this incident could hinder Forte's efforts to gain a new contract should he be interested in staying in Chicago. At this time, I would say the incident is most likely a one off occurrence from a potentially frustrated man who has had no history of similar behavior.

We'll bring you more as this one develops.

JHG
CBS Sports
Old 11-06-2015, 08:18 AM   #14
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Year 1 15/16 - Week 8

Your One Stop Shop For Everything Pro Football!

Carson Dietrich, Senior Writer

Mid Season Power Rankings

As we arrive at the mid point of the season, let's take a look at how our beloved NFL franchises stack up after 8 weeks of play. Whilst teams do still have time to alter their path, it may be curtains for others! With that, here are the Pro Football Almanac's mid-season power rankings!

32) Chicago Bears - 1-6
The Bears are going to be in a tight race come season's end. And that is for the #1 pick in the draft. They rank near the bottom of every offensive category.

31) New York Jets - 1-6
The addition of Darrelle Revis hasn't helped, and he can't score on offence. With little cap room, this could be a tough spell for the Gang Green.

30) Oakland Raiders - 1-6
The Raiders have playmakers, but they are young and raw. Amari Cooper has been a bright spot, but learning on the job in the NFL is tough. Not a single interception on defence in 8 weeks.

29) Jacksonville Jaguars - 2-5
At what point do we stop saying that the Jags are "rebuilding"? Don't you need to improve if you are building? There is little to shout out about on either side of the board and I see another top 5 pick on the horizon. Their only statistical leader of note is Paul Posluszny due to the sheer number of tackles he's having to make.

28) St Louis Rams - 2-5
Nick Fairley is a distraction, Nick Foles has been a bust. Janoris Jenkins reportedly wants out. The windfall of picks from the RG3 trade are making little difference.

27) Washington Redskins - 1-6
A 1 win team, but they do have some hope. 3 losses by less than 3 points is tough to take, but at least they were competitive. Speaking of RG3, 0 snaps this season.

26) Detroit Lions - 3-5
I'm not sure the players are listening to the coaches in Detroit any more. A team built for offence aren't firing. At what point do the Lions cash in on some of their big names?

25) Denver Broncos - 3-4
Oh dear. This isn't how it was supposed to end for Peyton Manning. This is hard to watch, like a punch drunk boxer. Their run defence is amongst the worst in the league.

24) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 3-5
Jameis Winston is showing flashes that he might be a genuine NFL QB. The learning curve is steep though. The defence has been steady, about what we expected. Mike Evans being injured hasn't helped.

23) Houston Texans - 4-4
This is better than Houston could have hoped for. Their defence is carrying them and they need to find a way to keep Julius Joseph around after this season. QB play continues to hold the team and DeAndre Hopkins back.

22) Indianapolis Colts - 5-3
Beat the good teams. Lose to the bad ones. I'm not sure what to make of this Colts side. Andrew Luck's contract negotiations loom and Reggie Wayne & Andre Johnson aren't getting any younger. it could be a tough off season if they don't make the playoffs.

21) Atlanta Falcons - 4-4
The Falcons have had disappointing losses to Tennessee and Tampa, but have beaten Dallas and Philadelphia. I think they are a few pieces off making a real charge. The in fighting with the Georgia Governor surely isn't helping anybody.

20) Phildelphia Eagles - 4-3
Sam Bradford has been a pleasant surprise and their high priced free agent to be defenders are doing enough to justify contracts. Philly need a wide receiver and stability across the O-Line though, especially with Jason Peters missing significant time.

19) New York Giants - 4-4
If you picked a Manning at the beginning of the season to have more passing yards, more passing TDs, and more wins, I'm not sure you pick Eli. That defence could help the G-Men make a run at the NFC East title. You heard it here first.

18) Pittsburgh Steelers - 5-3
If I had to pick a middle of the pack team to make a late season charge, give me the Steelers. Running and passing they are above average, but not great at this point. If their defence matches their offence they could be a scary team down the stretch.

17) San Francisco 49ers
Eerily similar to Pittsburgh in terms of offensive and defensive rank at the half way mark. But give me Big Ben and Bell over Kaep and Hyde. The team are coping well without the injured Vernon Davis, not a good sign for the TE with his contract up at the end of the season.

16) Cleveland Browns - 5-3
Another team batting above their pre-season average, and it's all on the defence. 3rd in passing yards allowed, 5th in rushing yards allowed. If they can just pick up the point scoring they could get hot.

15) Arizona Cardinals - 6-2
This is more of a prediction placing. The Cards 2nd half schedule is brutal. Seahawks twice, Packers, Bengals, Vikings. I see this team bottoming out despite positive performances on both sides of the ball.

14) Buffalo Bills - 5-2
The Bills look stacked this season apart from their QB (who is still having an average season!), but that AFC East is tough. The Jets are tanking, but with only 2 losses, the Bills are still in 3rd place!

13) Kansas City Chiefs - 5-3
Tamba Hali and Justin Houston just keep getting better and better, 4th and 6th in sacks. The offence isn't pulling up and trees but it doesn't need to right now. Alex Smith is a veteran who knows what needs doing if his defence is this good, but he isn't impressing.

12) Tennessee Titans - 5-2
So, hands up who had the Titans in this spot? Mariota is killing Jameis in the battle of the draft 1-2, Kendall Wright looks like a Pro Bowl player and Nissan Stadium is a no fly zone, #1 in the league in passing yards allowed! AFC South winners?! They could be.

11) Miami Dolphins - 5-2
Could the Dolphins finally break the cycle of will they/won't they and just challenge the Patriots already? They beat the Pats in Foxboro (hence the lofty position), but lost at home to the Jets! Week 17 against the Patriots at the Sun Life will be huge.

10) New Orleans Saints - 6-2
So the Saints have forgotten how to run the ball. Big deal, they're 2nd in the league in passing yards per game. Drew Brees has the team on his back and could well top 5,000 yards passing for a staggering 5th time in his career.

9) Dallas Cowboys - 5-2
We knew that Dallas had Romo and Bryant, but who saw a resurgent Darren McFadden grabing headlines? A top 5 back right now, he is a revelation in Arlington. Greg Hardy is beginning to anchor this defence despite his off the field issues, he's 5th in sacks.

8) Cincinatti Bengals - 6-1
Can we finally say this is the season the Bengals make a run? It's clicking for them all over the field. But I just can't push them higher. They're going to crumble, they have to! They always do. AJ Green is going to the Pro Bowl though.

7) San Diego Chargers 5-3
3 losses but still this high? Those losses are to the Packers, Ravens and Vikings, plus the Chargers beat the Bengals in week 2 to top the AFC West. Antonio Gates is trying to go out with a bang.

6) Seattle Seahawks - 6-2
The defence hasn't skipped a beat and continues to be an elite unit. This is largely the same roster that went to 2 Superbowls and they added Jimmy Graham. Scary.

5) New England Patriots - 5-2
These Patriots look beatable, but when they have the advantage they are deadly. Close losses or blowout wins are the order of the day. I can't wait to see their battle within divisional play (Jets excluded of course). You get the feeling they are just catching their breath before they make another Superbowl push.

4) Minnesota Vikings - 6-1
This team is perhaps the most surprising of them all. Hunter Smith leads all DBs in tackles and interceptions, making it a unit to fear. Teddy Bridgewater is playing like a seasoned vet, and they have this AP guy who is kinda handy to. How long can they keep this up?

3) Carolina Panthers - 6-1
Some might say a surprise, but these Panthers are back to back division winners. Cam Newton is becoming the QB Carolina hoped he would be and has more rushing yards than some starting backs! Josh Norman is going to get a killer contract when all is said and done on this season.

2) Green Bay Packers - 6-1
So, that Aaron Rodgers guy is pretty good. He's on pace to beat the single season passing yardage record, and Jordy Nelson is the main benefactor. Both could end up with records come the end of week 17. Their game with the Panthers is going to be must watch stuff!

1) Baltimore Ravens - 7-1
Are they going to have another run on Joe Flacco's arm? Don't bank on, as these Ravens excel across the board. Top ten on both offence and defence, passing, running, and defence to. Steve Smith has announced his retirement at the end of this season, how badly does he want a ring?
Old 11-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #15
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Year 1 15/16 - Week 10

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NEW YORK - The NFL has received relocation papers filed by the Atlanta Falcons. These papers pertain to the movement of the franchise from the beginning of Year 3 - 2017/18.

Continual discussions have been carried out between the Atlanta Falcons and key stakeholders within Atlanta and the Georgia area over recent months. Despite the length and depth of these discussions, no agreement has been reached regarding the building of a new stadium for the Franchise. The negotiations were undertaken in conjuncture with the League Office and Stadium Committee, yet no satisfactory resolution could be reached.

As such, Mr Arthur Blank on behalf of the Atlanta Falcons has now submitted a proposal to move the team outside of it's current home territory. This proposal has been agreed by The League and Commissioner. A League vote was also passed. This process is now complete.

A further release will be issued once all avenues for possible relocation sites have been concluded.

Media Contacts:

Andrew Cole, NFL
[email protected]
212-460-5535
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #16
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Year 1 15/16 - Week 12

Last edited by Rumplebeanskin; 11-16-2015 at 10:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »