Home

The N"If"L - A Look into the Future of an Alternate NFL

This is a discussion on The N"If"L - A Look into the Future of an Alternate NFL within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #1
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

OVR: 0
The N"If"L - A Look into the Future of an Alternate NFL

Welcome to the N"IF"L

I have started a 32 team user controlled franchise. I sim all games, and only interject to place players on IR and tidy up rosters/depth charts. Beyond this, in order to replicate a more believable NFL I've modified a spreadsheet using random number rolls that influence a number of in game decisions that the core programming doesn't address. The original spreadsheet was posted by tdawg3782 in Armour & Sword's slider page (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=874) which I then modified. Instead of just having resign/don't resign roster decisions dictated to me, I added in a reasoning roll to allow me to elaborate as to why something happened and from that, build a more immersive and believable game world around what is already programmed into Madden. In this thread I plan to use fictional characters to regularly update what is happening in my game world.

So, sit back, enjoy, and thank you for the encouragement of the people posting below that made me run with this. I'll regularly update this original post with bookmarks once I reach certain stages of my game.

Season 1 Review
Spoiler

Season 2 Review
Spoiler

Season 3 Review
Spoiler

Season 4 Review
Spoiler

Season 5 Review
Spoiler

End of Season 5 Changes to the Format
Spoiler

Season 6 Review
Spoiler

Season 7 Review
Spoiler

Last edited by Rumplebeanskin; 07-13-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Updated Season Recaps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Pro

Re: The N"If"L - A Look into the Future of an Alternate NFL

I did a sim of 10 years and it threw up some great stories and a solid dynasty.

Id be interested to see how this goes for yourself, so will follow. The only downside for me, is the 30 season cap.

However id love to know the stories produced for you so share.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #3
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

I like this concept it's intriguing.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #4
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

I like it. I'll follow if you decide to do this.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
Rookie

megarover's Arena

Yea i would follow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 01:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Thanks for the show of encouragement guys. I'll put a starting post up as soon as I can. I may well edit my original post once I'm going, but can't write much without my notes. Too many things happen each season to possibly try to remember it all!
Old 10-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7

I would follow along as well, it's a great idea and definitely different from everyone else.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #8
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Year 1 15/16 - Preseason

Your One Stop Shop For Everything Pro Football!

Craig Costello, Editor in Chief

Welcome back, football fans! We stand at the precipice of another glorious season of NFL football, eager to jump and enjoy the ride. But, what to expect? The dust appears to have barely settled on 2014, Superbowl 49 and a 4th Patriot ring, yet here we are, closing in on opening week 2015.

Here at Pro Football Almanac we try to stay clear of guess work and stick to the cold, hard facts. But we are not immune here at PFA Towers to spot of part time clairvoyancey, so I've pulled together 4 of our finest and brightest writers to weight in with their thoughts as we catapult towards the season. Before you know it, Superbowl 50 will be upon us. But fear not, dear reader, as there will still be plenty of football along the way!

Carson Dietrich, Senior Writer

Man, is it good to have football back! And before we get started, I've got to get this out of the way. Petey C, up in Seattle? Run the football, man! You got Marshawn Lynch back there, run the football! What were you thinking?! Phew, that feels better! Now on to the good stuff!

Who do I have this season? You mean apart from my Cowboys? Nobody! We keep Romo healthy, we throw it to my boy Dez, the rest is history! Giants, Eagles, Redskins, they aren't going anywhere. Ok, ok! Now you're pushing me, I think I'm going to go with Denver. Last chance saloon for Manning, and we all know what the juice they serve there can do to a man. Peyton takes the team on his back, rides them to Levi Stadium, where they get beat by Dallas. Naturally!

Disappointments (Aside from the other guys in the NFC East?!), you can't like where the Bears are heading. Shaky line, regressing defence, and a reliance on Jay Cutler the turnover machine. Interceptions like beads at Mardi Gras, what you gonna do?

Boo Carling, Senior Writer

It sure is great to be back around the stadiums and getting ready to cover another season. It doesn't seem like 2 minutes since I was chatting to my buddy Jimbo Fisher about Jameis and the draft, yet here we are.

I don't think you can look past the QB driven teams this year. The league is changing and it's hard to deny. I spoke to a couple of GMs recently who couldn't help but confirm it. If you don't have a top QB, you aren't going anywhere. Give me Green Bay, New England, New Orleans and Pittsburgh. Maybe those Steelers and Big Ben add another title.

On the flip side, its tough to win if you can't rack up the yards through the air. Cleveland have an issue at that position, as do Jacksonville and Washington. I think all 3 will struggle this term. JJ Watt may save Houston but he can't throw the ball for them, maybe make it a quartet.

Amanda Reditch, Senior Writer

You know who I really like this year? Give me the guys who can get the stops. Defence wins championships. Seattle gave up a measly 267.1 yards per game last season, and a very stingy 15.9 ppg to boot. Split the stats however you want (which I love to do), I like them to make it 3 out of 3 and go to the big dance again. Speaking of defence though, how about a dark horse shout of the Panthers? They have tackle machine Luke Kuechly, strength and depth across the defensive line, Thomas Davis playing like he's 25 again and an emerging group of corners. I like Seattle, but if we're talking NFC Championship game, maybe that's your match up.

You guys already know who I'm going to pick to disappoint, sorry Raider Nation. Years of poor roster building and reliance on nothing but speed continue to haunt you, and disappoint me. Unfortunately, disappoint suggests that I'm expecting better, but from this bunch I'm not expecting much at all. They don't tackle well, they allow so many points, ugh, tough to watch. You have been warned!

Paul Ryans, Senior Writer

Greetings, fellow NFLers. I can't wait to dive in and watch some Gridiron. Who do I like? Who don't I like! It's so hard to choose. I don't think the Bengals get enough attention. They repeatedly excel in a tough division and they have to get over that playoff hump at some point. Let's have a bit of love for Carson Palmer as well, the old man still has it in the locker. Rested legs, young play makers across the roster, and let's not forget the best Corner in Pro Football, sorry Darrelle!

The Packers look strong, the Patriots are ALWAYS strong. New Orleans still has Brees, Seattle and that 12th man. The Dolphins and Bills, re-tooled defence, the Broncos and Lions, powerful offence! Argh, I can't choose!

I'm not normally one who is quick to hand out the negatives, but you're going to push me to do so, aren't you? I'll plump for the Jets. Nothing against you New York, but I've got to pick someone. You're in a pinch at Quarterback and that defence may have let it's swagger walk out of the door with Rex Ryan. We will see, but I hope they do well.

So there you have it, football fans. Lots to talk about and we cannot wait! We'll check in later in the season and will of course have our usual season wrap in the summer. Until then, enjoy the game!

Craig

Last edited by Rumplebeanskin; 11-02-2015 at 10:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »