Home

The Resurrection of Sonoma State

This is a discussion on The Resurrection of Sonoma State within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Do You Prefer Updates?
full article for each week through the season 44 67.69%
brief stats/summary, article updates 4x per season 21 32.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #49
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Resurrection of Sonoma State

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Just a suggestion, if you wanted to name the players on even just your team so you don't have "HB #33" it'll go a long way in having people relate to your players more
I appreciate the feedback, unfortunately...every time I have ever tried to load rosters or slider sets my game freezes. I've never been a fan of generating random names either. It would bug me to see players I know with the wrong name.

On the plus side, leaving it this way really allows me to see exactly which players I have brought in. Transfer players are the only ones without names at this point, since I made (almost) everyone seniors

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 12-25-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #50
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
I honestly don't know. I started season 2 with like 6% job security but after my first win season 2 it jumped to like 78% or something right around there. Haven't dropped below 60% since then. I made my team in New Jersey so I allowed myself to recruit New York as my "home state" because New Jersey had like 6 recruits total each year.

Edit: finished season 3 4-8, back down at 25% job security. Really feel like season 4 is going to be a make or break season for me. Finally have the right players in that fit my system (flexbone offense) so hopefully I can get over that hump and reach .500 next season
I feel like that's realistic. Unless you're a power 5, programs usually give coaches a few years to get the players they want. Thats why i felt i had to make a storyline regarding poor sportmanship etc along with 0-12 that lead to the old coach getting canned. My job security was 100% after the first year. My target was 5 wins and I got 4...two against FCS. When I started 0-3 this season it dropped to 63%, but jumped back to 100% after two wins.

Which dynasty is yours? I want to follow it lol
Old 12-25-2015, 07:57 PM   #51
MVP

whughes's Arena

I have a dynasty thread on here that's in my signature still, but I haven't updated it in a couple months. I think I may have actually deleted that dynasty... I started 5-1 with UNC-Charlotte and it just didn't feel realistic for me so I quit. I've been meaning to do another one, but I just made the jump to a university from community college so I haven't had much time. I haven't been posting a dynasty on my teambuilder team, although maybe I'll start over and post the new one. We'll see

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #52
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

I followed this thread when it first started, and I didn't have enough time until today to read it.

Congrats on becoming bowl eligible! Not bad considering you had 2 wins in year 1. Recruiting certainly makes the difference.

Old 12-26-2015, 05:54 PM   #53
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
I followed this thread when it first started, and I didn't have enough time until today to read it.

Congrats on becoming bowl eligible! Not bad considering you had 2 wins in year 1. Recruiting certainly makes the difference.
Thanks buddy! I appreciate you following and your feedback. It certainly is an exciting accomplishment for such a young program. My first year of recruiting was great, this season has been much different. Due to my house rules, the talent pool in CA is very slim. I'm looking forward to reaching 2* prestige so I can hit a few more states.

There may be a regression next year, at least defensively. I'll be losing both Johnson and Chambers (75 overall, JUCO senior DT's). They had a huge impact combining for about 20 sacks last season and on the pace for more this year. Thats the risk with JUCO guys though, you don't get them long and you'll have to recruit the same position early.

I'll hopefully get another game in Monday. With the better half off work for a few weeks, I will get games in about once a week through January.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:02 PM   #54
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Final 2 Regular Season Games

Week 13: Sonoma State @ Rice

Sonoma State (6-5) 17 -- Rice (4-7) 52

Sonoma Offensive Stats
Total Offense: 286 yards
Rushes/Yards/TD: 32/121/2
Passes/Yards/TD: 27/165/0
3rd downs: 5/13 (38%)
Redzone: 3 att, 2 TD (66%)
Turnovers: 3

Defensive Stats
Total Yards Allowed: 469
Pass Yards Allowed: 259
Rush Yards Allowed: 210
3rd downs Allowed: 6/11 (54%)
Red Zone: 9 att, 6 TD 1 FG allowed (77%)
Sacks: 2
Turnovers: 1 (1 FUM)

Passing Leader:
B. Givens: 8/26, 143 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 61.5 QBR

Rushing Leaders:
M. Watson: 15 car, 46 yards, 3.0 avg
B. Givens: 7 car, 40 yards, 5.7 avg, 1 TD
HB #6: 6 car, 22 yards, 3.6 avg

Receving Leaders:
C. Browne: 5 rec, 113 yards, 22.6 avg
TE #44: 2 rec, 16 yards, 8.0 avg

Game Summary: Rice left no doubt from the start, jumping out to a 14 point lead over the Seawolves in the first. The second quarter was much of the same. The Sonoma offense struggled, and the defense struggled even more allowing 24 more points to trail 38-0 at the half. The Seawolves had almost no highlights in the game, as they couldn't get anything going against a Rice defense that had their number all day.

Week 14: Sonoma State Vs. Portland State

Sonoma State (7-5) 63 -- Portland State (5-7) 38

QB Brian Givens fights for a TD | Givens throws an early TD in a downpour

Sonoma Offensive Stats
Total Offense: 623 yards
Rushes/Yards/TD: 24/184/6
Passes/Yards/TD: 31/439/3
3rd downs: 3/5 (60%)
Redzone:5 att, 4 TD (80%)
Turnovers: 1

Defensive Stats
Total Yards Allowed: 409
Pass Yards Allowed: 288
Rush Yards Allowed: 121
3rd downs Allowed: 4/9 (44%)
Red Zone: 5 att, 5 TD allowed (100%)
Sacks: 2
Turnovers: 0

Passing Leader:
B. Givens: 26/31, 439 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT, 228.3 QBR

Rushing Leaders:
HB #6: 10 car, 101 yards, 10.1 avg, 1 TD
B. Givens: 7 car, 30 yards, 4.2 avg, 2 TD
J. Thomas: 7 car, 53 yards, 7.5 avg, 3 TD

Receving Leaders:
C. Thompson: 8 rec, 136 yards, 17.0 avg
TE #44: 6 rec, 105 yards, 17.5 avg, 1 TD
C. Browne: 5 rec, 104 yards, 20.8 avg, 1 TD
HB #6: 4 red, 48 yards, 12.0 avg, 1 TD
D. McNeal: 3 rec, 46 yards, 15.3 avg

Game Summary: The Seawolves seemed to experience a bit of a hangover after last week's loss to Rice. Sonoma State allowed Portland State to stay in it through the first half, with the Seawolves leading 35-31 at the break. Both offenses were clicking and defenses struggled to make stops. Halftime adjustments allowed Sonoma to shut down the Portland State attack while continuing theirs. Brian Givens lit up the skies for 439 yards, and three players racked up over 100 receiving yards. Both HB #6 and Jeremy Thomas had a great day running the ball. The Seawolves closed out the regular season with a home win, and will head to the C-USA championship game with momentum.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:27 PM   #55
MVP

whughes's Arena

Tough loss to Rice. Way to rebound against Portland State though. What is your conference record going into championship week? Good luck against whoever your matched up against

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 02:35 PM   #56
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Championship Preview

C-USA Championship Preview: Sonoma State At Marshall

Huntington, WV -- The Sonoma State Seawolves will make a trip to West Virginia this weekend to face the Marshall Thundering Herd for the C-USA title. The Seawolves hope to capture the first conference championship in their short school history, while the Herd hope to snag their first since 2002.

The game should be an aerial show, as both teams boast high powered passing attacks. Marshall ranks #9 in the nation when it comes to throwing the ball, with QB #16 leading the charge. The junior has thrown for over 3400 yards this season and 28 touchdowns.

Sonoma State has a slightly more balanced attack, but one that puts up more points on average at 34.8 points per game. Thats impressive considering Sonoma State's competition. Sonoma undoubtedly had the tougher non-conference schedule, facing #6 Arizona in the opener and #11 Notre Dame just a few weeks later. Marshall's only game against a ranked opponent was a loss to #19 Purdue. Both teams had strong winning streaks. Marshall would tally four in a row twice through the season, while Sonoma rattled off five straight wins to start conference play.

Coach Wright is excited for the game, telling reporters the Seawolves look to make history. The Seawolves are a 14 point underdog on the trip, but many believe they have a strong shot. Coach Wright seems to think if Givens is on his game, they will come out ahead.

If Brian [Givens] can have a solid game, we can easily come out on top. We need him to play well and for our defense to step up like they did mid season. if those things happen, we will take the trophy. - Sonoma HC Scott Wright

The Seawolves will look to spread the ball around. Quarterback Brian Givens has no favorite passing target, although Chase Brown has emerged as a deep threat. If the receiving corps can get on the same page, it should be tough for The Herd to shut down. They can also lean on HB #33, although he is listed as "probable" for the game with an ankle sprain. HB #6 and freshman Jeremy Thomas have been reliable in his absence.

The Herd is a bit more one dimensional. They rely on QB #16 not only to lead the passing attack, but the rushing attack as well. If Sonoma State can shut down TE #89, the Herd will likely have trouble moving the ball.

The game is scheduled for this Saturday (Dec. 12), and kickoff is at 12:00 P.M. EST. The game will air on ESPN2.

Heres a look at each sides key players to get you ready for the matchup.

Sonoma State
Marshall

QB Brian Givens
QB QB #16

Sophomore, Captain
Junior (RS), Captain
196/331, 2827 yards, 23 TD, 12 INT
234/456, 3465 yards, 28 TD, 15 INT

RB HB #33
QB QB #16

Sophomore (RS)
Junior (RS), Captain
118 att, 808 yards, 6.8 avg, 8 TD
193 att, 787 yards, 4.0 avg, 8 TD

WR Chase Browne
TE TE #89

Freshman
Senior (RS)
46 rec, 831 yards, 18.0 avg, 7 TD
72 rec, 1160 yards, 16.1 avg, 13 TD

MLB Marcus Franklin
OLB LOLB #51

Sophomore, Captain
Senior (RS), Captain
62 tackles, 16 TFL, 6 sacks, 1 INT
77 tackles, 13 TFL, 4 sacks, 3 INT

Last edited by SilverBullet19; 12-28-2015 at 02:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »