Home

Wolverines vs. The World || DavidTheGreat's Michigan Wolverines (NCAA14)

This is a discussion on Wolverines vs. The World || DavidTheGreat's Michigan Wolverines (NCAA14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2017, 03:26 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Wolverines vs. The World || DavidTheGreat's Michigan Wolverines (NCAA14)

Jehu Chesson and Amara Darboh combined with Shane Morris and Wilton Speight make a very dangerous receiving group. I expect this to be a very talented offensive group this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-26-2017, 10:16 AM   #114
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBallisLife
Jehu Chesson and Amara Darboh combined with Shane Morris and Wilton Speight make a very dangerous receiving group. I expect this to be a very talented offensive group this year.

Thanks for checking in! I fully expect us to make a championship run with the depth we have. Having a 90 OVR running back and two 90+ receivers and a 99 OVR tight end will surely help us out in breaking in the new quarterback.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:33 AM   #115
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a little update as to why this has been dead for several weeks. Recently I've been playing my PS4 a LOT more often and I've been hooked on MLB 17 The Show. Add in the fact that I'm flying up north to Michigan for a UofM college visit and I simply can't update too much at this point.

The good news is that I'm pretty hyped to get the new season started despite being away from the Dynasty forums. I dusted the old PS3 off with the JoshC1977's All-American slider release, and tested a few Dynasty games on a different save. Needless to say, I'm rolling with it as my primary slider set from this point on.

I've got some player storylines in the vault that I may release soon. With the new recruiting class, I get a lot more creative freedom in the story which will only get stronger as the years go on. That in itself is pretty exciting.

I'm aiming to start this maybe in the start of August when I get the college football itch. I'm starting to notice that my dynasty years coincide with the real life college football season, so hopefully things fall into place so I can return!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2017, 10:49 PM   #116
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Coach Ochocinco?
Former NFL player Chad Johnson spotted at Michigan footballpractice; Is a hire imminent?

Ann Arbor, MI - Today, whilst the Michigan Wolverines have started summer camp, they had an unexpected visitor: former NFL star Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson.

First noted on Michigan Football's official Snapchat story, the video and picture depict Johnson geared up in the Maize and Blue and doing footwork drills with the Michigan receivers.

Head coach Tyler Johns described the experience as something of greatness:

"It was great hosting a guy that knows his craft and teaching the youngsters what has made him such a success at every level of football he's played," says Johns. "To have someone like him come to Michigan is valuable and if I were able to do it again, I would."

When asked about giving him a coaching spot, he offered his opinion and dropped a hint:

"Maybe." (laughs) "I wouldn't rule it out. I've talked to him about it, but it's all up to him to decide."

Ochocinco once floated around interest in Michigan in the 2014 offseason, tweeting this in the wake of the Brady Hoke firing:

We will update you with the situation as it goes on. Will Ocho Cinco don the Maize and Blue soon?

Old 08-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #117
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Note: While this happened just today in real life (A year removed from my in-game dynasty) I wanted to add another layer to this dynasty by having an Ocho Cinco storyline implemented here.

EDIT: I meant to add this storyline with Chad because I've been contemplating it. His visit in real life actually validated it so, yeah.

What do you guys think? Should Pepe rock with us?

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 08-02-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #118
MVP

OVR: 10

I'd say the football world, in reality or virtually, needs the ole Ocho Cinco

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 08-03-2017, 09:11 PM   #119
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
I'd say the football world, in reality or virtually, needs the ole Ocho Cinco

Definitely! I grew up watching his antics on the field and now that he's not in the league it hasn't been the same.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:54 PM   #120
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Spring Ball Takeaways
What’s new, what’s not for the Wolverines?

Ann Arbor, MI - Now that spring ball is over, we now have a good look at what to expect this season for the Michigan Wolverines. After the Maize team beat the Blue team 28-27 in the Spring game, we caught up with the Michigan staff and inquired on what’s new for the Wolverines.

What we anticipated has become reality: Coach Tyler Johns has transformed the traditional Michigan offense into something with the potential to be special.

As now-former offensive coordinator Tim Drevno leaves for greener pastures at USC, NC State offensive guru Matt Canada has stepped in and installed a new offense at his new digs.

With only a few months on the job, he has already made an impact on the offense. Stressing tempo and utilizing a lot of different looks all over the field, he projects to create one of the most exciting offenses in all of college football.

“We’re looking at a much more players-based approach this year,”
said Canada. “We have a lot of solid pieces on our O and I’m going to utilize them as best I can.”

Canada’s offense is no stranger to excitement and scoring explosions.

The offense is led by redshirt junior Shane Morris, who looks to be in the lead in the QB race after an impressive Spring Game performance.

Coach Johns offered his take on why he’s gotten reps with the first teamers:

“Shane’s been balling in practice and the scrimmages. He’s got a cannon of an arm, and he’s got the mobility to work outside of the pocket. He’s still raw as an uncooked steak, but he’s growing within the offense and he’s an early standout.”

De’Veon Smith looks to be the starter at RB after a thousand-yard season last year, but be on the lookout for Ty Isaac and senior Derrick Green. Both have had great springs, as Isaac broke long runs left and right during the Spring Game and Green has finally shown the elite burst that made him a 5-star recruit three years ago. Karan Higdon, the fastest RB of the bunch, looks to be a part of the rotation this year as well.

Khalid Hill has moved to FB, and he figures to be the short-yardage monster Michigan’s employing. Coach Johns is an advocate of going for it on 4th and short, and a big body like Khalid is perfect for the role.

Jehu Chesson is currently in crutches after an undisclosed injury, and early-enrollee Jordan Jeffries has taken over, as he has been the superstar of spring ball and will most likely start in the slot role coming this season.

“Jordan’s excellent in space, and I tested him frequently. He passed every test with flying colors. A player like him is too good to redshirt, and he figures to play a big role in the offense.”

Fellow early enrollee Jaylen White has been getting snaps out of the backfield, as he figures to be the receiving back this season.

Coach Johns, who has also been watching NFL offenses, has gone to the local Detroit Lions for more inspiration, as he has experimented with a designated receiving back for certain matchups, Theo Riddick-style.

He even hinted at how he’ll use his various personnel during the season, which possibly means the usage of multiple two-way players.

“I’ve been in the lab non-stop, and experimenting with all the different personnel we can employ. Jaylen [White] is a bit of a matchup nightmare for linebackers. He’s got the type of elusiveness you’d see in a scat back, but he’s got the hands and length of a wideout.”

“Guy’s a beast out there. He’s bulked up in the little time he’s been here and he’s made a lot of progress. I could see him playing as early as this year.”

The defense is full of seniors, and is the main strength of the team. The entire defensive line is arguably NFL-worthy, led by 5th-year senior Chris Wormley, who turned in a spectacular 11-sack season last year. Fellow 5th-year senior Ryan Glasgow returns as well.

Be on the lookout for rising senior Taco Charlton. After taking over one of the defensive end spots following Mario Ojemudia’s injury, he held it down and figures to have a breakout season.

The linebacker position was a primary area of concern heading into the year, but the emergence of seniors Ben Gedeon and Mike McCray have mostly alleviated them. Jabrill Peppers, who will play as an S/LB this year in the 4-2-5 (VIPER), brings a speed element to the unit.

The secondary returns Jourdan Lewis and Channing Stribling at corner as well as seniors Dymonte Thomas and Delano Hill at safety. Lewis was one of the best cover DBs last year, and Stribling has made a leap of faith in spring ball.

This team looks to have no weaknesses on defense, but the X-factor this year is the offense. Is Shane Morris the answer to Michigan’s title hopes? Can the trio of Amara Darboh, Jehu Chesson, and Jake Butt carry the offense? Will De’Veon Smith carry the running game again?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »