Home

Wolverines vs. The World || DavidTheGreat's Michigan Wolverines (NCAA14)

This is a discussion on Wolverines vs. The World || DavidTheGreat's Michigan Wolverines (NCAA14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #9
YaBoyRobRoy

LopaKa's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Wolverines vs. The World || A Michigan Wolverines Dynasty (NCAA14)

Looking forward to this bro!
Old 09-25-2016, 08:31 PM   #10
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LopaKa
Looking forward to this bro!

Good to have you back Lop! I'm ready to get this started.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:04 PM   #11
MVP

RaiderAid89's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm definitely following this. Can't wait
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #12
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

OVR: 0

Good setup looking good out the gate. I will be following
Old 09-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #13
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderAid89
I'm definitely following this. Can't wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsutiger
Good setup looking good out the gate. I will be following

Thanks guys for following along!

Old 10-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #14
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Hey guys,

I've been very busy these past couple weeks, and with some down time this weekend I'll get this off the ground. I'm going to have to restart this dynasty due to the changes I've made to the Teambuilder team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #15
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

Say Hello: Meet the Michigan Coach Ready To Set The College Football World On Fire

Ann Arbor, MI - A new day dawns in Ann Arbor, and while there is uncertainty, there is a newfound optimism for the block M.

Days after firing coach Brady Hoke following a horrific 2014 season where Michigan struggled to a 5-7 record, a new head man has waltzed into A2. Dressed with a youthful swagger, you'd never expect him to be a college football coach. But here he is, stepping up to the podium to announce his hiring as the new Michigan head coach.

His name is Tyler Johns, a 27-year-old "youngin" who looks more qualified to actually play college football rather than coach it. Despite that, the hottest commodity in college football has made his way to Ann Arbor, and he's here to stay.

Look below for an extensive interview on his life, plans, and goals for the Michigan Wolverines.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media: "We've seen you before, but as a young head coach, fill us in about yourself, your life, and how you got here."

Johns: "Okay. Well, I was born just outside Detroit 27 years ago and grew up in San Francisco. Throughout my childhood, I'd always had the knack of being a team leader, on and off the field. I graduated from Stanford in 2010 and mastered my craft under the great Jim Harbaugh, whom all of you know played here at the University of Michigan. I went up into the coaching ranks, and you know the rest."

Media: "What made you want to become a head coach?"

Johns: "Everyone around me always thought I was beyond my years in maturity, and I didn't see it in myself at first. But as the years went by into my teens, I found out she was right. Being a leader is important, and while these kids aren't much younger than me, they look up to me. It's crucial to be a good coach and a role model."

Media: "At age 22, you became the youngest head coach in FBS history coaching at Western Michigan shortly after graduating from college. Most recently at age 26, you won your second straight MAC Championship in which your Western Michigan Broncos finished #19 in the polls with an amazing 11-2 record. With that, you produced your first NFL quarterback in Darius Wall and left behind a very talented WMU squad. How hard was it to leave such a good situation behind and start a new chapter of your coaching career at such a young age?"

Johns: "It was extremely tough to see myself leave such a great group of young men, but I was proud that they understood that this is my dream job. A job opportunity like this doesn't come around often, and I'm glad they took me on. I'll always root for Western. Those guys mean a lot to me."

Media: "A lot of people have their doubts about you as a head coach. You played in the MAC and while you put up a fight against several Power 5 teams, there isn't enough convincing evidence that you may be the answer to Michigan's problems. What do you think of that?"

Johns: "They have every right to be doubtful. I know I'm young, and sometimes you'd say I'm learning on the fly. But you can't discredit me because of the conference I coached in. There are some great teams in the conference, but they don't get much credit because they are different from the powerhouses you see every Saturday. As for being Michigan's answer, I'll leave no doubts. You can count on that."

Media: "To go along with you being the new head coach, you've also cleaned house and brought in a new culture. Tell us about your new staff and the system you run."

Johns: "Yeah. I cleaned out the entire staff, but I kept Greg Mattison. He's done so much for our team and knows our defense like the back of his hand. I brought in D.J. Durkin from Florida to be our new defensive coordinator. I brought along a good friend in Davante Russell from Western to be our OC. Out goes Fred Jackson and here comes Ty Wheatley, our new RB coach. I also got Mike Zordich from Youngstown State to be our defensive backs coach. I'm lucky to have brought in such star power for my staff."

"We also brought in new apparel starting this year. Gone is adidas and hello Jordan Brand. Look good, play good, right?"

"As for scheme, we'll keep our defense, but I believe our offense can take our team to the next level. I believe in having an explosive pro-style offense with an emphasis on the run game. Having a versatile offense with many different playmakers is hard to beat."

Media: "How will you go about recruiting? Are there any areas you have your eye on?"

Johns: "Michigan will always be Michigan's #1 pipeline, but I'm eyeing the south when it comes to recruiting. I'm getting in touch with guys from Cali, Texas, and SEC territory. It'll be hard getting them to leave home and join us up north, but I'll have to show them it'll be worth it in the short-term and the long-term."

"As you saw back when I was at Western, I recruited dual-threat quarterbacks and shifty running backs that have great burst to go with big possession receivers on the outside. On the defense, we'll play fast, and speed is what we need."

Media: "You're inheriting a roster with a stout defense but an unknown commodity in the offense. What are your plans for this team?"

Johns: "Great teams have great defenses. Teams who only focus on offense are running in place if they can't stop the other team. The pieces are in place for us to have a successful season. But the question is, how successful? I don't know at this point. All I know is that I'm here to bring championships to Ann Arbor and it's my goal to restore greatness to this program."

Media: "Last question. Your quarterback situation is a bit iffy at this point. How do you think competition will go, with the new addition of Iowa transfer Jake Rudock?"

Johns: "It's too early to tell. Shane Morris is the best fit for my system, but I talked to him recently and we agreed to possibly redshirt him to get two more years of eligibility starting next season. Wilton Speight has looked good so far, and I've recently watched some film from Jake. We'll see."

Last edited by DavidTheGreat20; 01-04-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 07:58 PM   #16
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

New articles coming at you fast this coming week! I'm itching to start the first game, but I need to catch up first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »