Home

Run It Back: An MTSU Dynasy

This is a discussion on Run It Back: An MTSU Dynasy within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2016, 12:03 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Run It Back: An MTSU Dynasy

Looking forward to watching and following along as this dynasty gets off the ground!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 08:51 AM   #42
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbigmike
Looking forward to watching and following along as this dynasty gets off the ground!
Thanks Big Mike! I have already played the first game and I'm dying to get home from vacation to report it. I got a bunch of pictures from the game and hoping I can piece together a nice box score and stats to go along with the write up.

I know it has only been one game since I've started his dynasty, but I'm already enjoying this much more than I have a lot of the dynasties I've played in the last 3 years or so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #43
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

2016 Week 1 - @ #19 Oklahoma State

Opening the season on the road against a much more talented team on Thursday night gave MTSU a chance to make a name for themselves.

Senior LE Chris Hale takes down Mason Rudolph on the 2nd play from scrimmage to get the defense going!

Rudolph catches junior CB Michael Minter sleeping by hitting stud WR James Washington on a back-shoulder ball deep down left sideline to setup one of Ben Grogan's five field goals on the night.

Junior safety Tre Flowers comes down into coverage to intercept Brent Stockstill's pass on the out route, getting the turnover parade started for this Cowboy defense.

Late in the 2nd quarter, Brent Stockstill locked in on his favorite target Richie James and paid the price as LB Chad Whitener steps in and snags an INT in the end zone.

The halftime stats made this game look a lot closer than the 9-3 score felt.

The best friend of a pass-happy attack is a strong run game. Looking to establish a run in the second half, it backfired on MTSU as second string HB Desmond Anderson got lit up on the first carry of the 3rd quarter that led to an Oklahoma State recovery. This would setup a 3-yard Barry Sanders TD trot for the Cowboys.

Junior wideout Ricky Blair hauls in a perfectly placed Stockstill pass for the first touchdown of the Blue Raiders' season.

The Blue Raiders celebrate senior Terry Pettis' 4th quarter TD grab. The tight end finished the game with eight grabs for 88 yards and this touchdown.

CB Dontavious Heard undercuts a Mason Rudolph pass over the middle for the lone MTSU interception on the game.

Backup HB Chris Carson's 2nd TD run on just two carries put the nail in the coffin and added insult to injury as the Oklahoma State Cowboys started the celebration early.

Who said kickers aren't football players? Ben Grogan was responsible for 19 of the 43 OK State points.

Celebration in Stillwater as the 'Boys walk off the field victorious after a college football Thursday night matinee!

Old 10-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 0

Liked the combination of top players and stats at the top! At least you kept it close for a half!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 06:50 AM   #45
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

2016 Week 2 - Around The Nation

Virginia Tech shocks the previously top-ranked Crimson Tide. Hokies enter polls at #17 while Alabama tumbles to #11. Clemson assumes the pole position after taking down then #16 Georgia.

Best team in the country also has the current best player in the country as Deshaun Watson starts his much awaited Heisman-hopeful campaign with an impressive stat line against the Bulldogs in Athens.

QB Damian Williams trying his best to replace the current Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott by ripping off a 5 TD game against a lowly FCS opponent. Let's see how he fares against real competition. Southern Miss, who could be the class of the C-USA, got some quality performances from SS Devonta Foster and all-conference QB Nick Mullens.

Of the four C-USA teams in action this week, only one - Southern Miss - was able to escape Week 1 with a win. While FAU and MTSU had reasonable losses to Miami (FL) and Oklahoma State, respectively, UTSA and its fans have to be pretty worried about a 24-point loss to New Mexico.

Southern Miss is atop the C-USA East and could be there for the duration of the season.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 07:23 AM   #46
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Week 2 Recruiting Roundup

After just one week of play, with most teams sitting idle, there have been four top-50 recruits putting ink to paper to sign on with the program of their choosing. One program was lucky enough to nab two of the four and has already significantly boosted their secondary for the next three to four years!

The Ohio State Buckeyes locked up the #1 free safety (#24 overall) with local product Brandon Henry. The 6’4”, 210-pound hard hitter from Maple Heights, OH will be a dynamic playmaker in the secondary with his mix of great size and elite speed. Running a 4.32 40-yard dash to go with his extraordinary strength, tackling ability and play recognition, Henry could be in the mold of a safety/linebacker hybrid. With more and more teams using the spread offense, having speed and coverage ability at the linebacker positions becomes more important by the season and Henry fits the bill.

How else would you pair up the #1 free safety prospect (#27 overall) than to land the #1 strong safety prospect? Sean Newell of Palm Harbor, FL will be joining Brandon Henry in Columbus, OH next spring and looks to make that Buckeye secondary become a “No Fly Zone”. Newell is a step slower than Henry, running a 4.48 40 but has the coverage skills and ability to drop into the box and get physical. Oh yeah, he’s also 6’5” and 198 pounds so his range and coverage ability makes him that much more dangerous in the passing game. Ohio State has got themselves two great looking prospects to start the recruiting season.

---------------

Ohio State wasn’t the only program to land a top-tier recruit. The Bayou Bengals of LSU continue to add to their strength by adding an elite prospect in the trenches as the #1 guard in the country decides to stay home. Cedric Clark, the #38 overall player in the 2017 class, decides to play close to home for an elite program in an elite conference. The Moss Bluff, LA prospect stands at 6’3” and weighs 289 pounds. His strength is top-notch and has the giddy up to get out and pull from the weak side to set up the run game. Equally adept at bulldozing in the run game or protecting the QB in the passing game, Clark is as good of a get as there is on the offensive line.

---------------

An evolving position in college football as well as the NFL is the tight end position and the Oklahoma Sooners are no stranger to having a fantastic athlete in that spot. They’ve landed another one in 4-star Manuel Bridges. The #3 tight end prospect in the class and #49 overall from Lockport, NY has got everything you could ask for: the speed, the hands, the route running and run blocking ability. While he may not see a ton of snaps as a freshman - with a chance at being redshirted - Bridges will be a name that we should be reading about in the near future.

---------------

With MTSU not making any signings, we cannot specifically name any individual player they are making waves with but we can tell you that the prospects they have on their board are liking what they are hearing from Coach Kris Potter and his staff. There are currently 22 names on their list and with only 18 scholarships available, they will focus on signing as many of their top targets early so they can focus their time and efforts on rounding out the class towards the end of the season. The defense is in need of a serious boost and should see a majority of the signings this season, but the offense certainly will not be neglected either.

Last edited by R1zzo23; 10-12-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:44 AM   #47
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWork123
Liked the combination of top players and stats at the top! At least you kept it close for a half!
Thanks for checking in. I'm still playing around with how I'm going to present each game but this one wasn't too bad. As for the game itself, sure it was close for a half but our turnovers doomed us from the start. To begin the second half with a turnover deep in our own territory was the beginning of the end for us.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:09 AM   #48

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Love the format of everything. Very clean and crisp and also "different." As I was reading the caption under each screen shot, I could feel the drama building.

Tough blowout loss, but the stat sheet doesn't look THAT bad. Just gotta cut down on the turnovers.

I'm very confident about you guys doing damage in the CUSA this year after that showing. It was not a disaster at all.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »