Home

Run It Back: An MTSU Dynasy

This is a discussion on Run It Back: An MTSU Dynasy within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2016, 07:49 PM   #49
MVP

gsutiger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Run It Back: An MTSU Dynasy

to piggyback off of Deegeezy, loving the format you are going with. Brings something new to the readers. It was a tough one against a better team but your team should fair well once conference play starts...22 guys on your recruiting board and 18 scholly's can't wait to see who is the first to sign.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #50
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Love the format of everything. Very clean and crisp and also "different." As I was reading the caption under each screen shot, I could feel the drama building.

Tough blowout loss, but the stat sheet doesn't look THAT bad. Just gotta cut down on the turnovers.

I'm very confident about you guys doing damage in the CUSA this year after that showing. It was not a disaster at all.
The format will continue to be a work in progress but it wasn't too much work to put together. I just sit next to my computer to get the screenshots during the game that I want.

Speaking of screenshots, do you typically go back into Instant Replay to find the picture you want to capture or are you recording the game and then going back to find the action pictures?

Turnovers killed us but I think if we clean them up we may be able to get a win to kick start our season in Week #2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsutiger
to piggyback off of Deegeezy, loving the format you are going with. Brings something new to the readers. It was a tough one against a better team but your team should fair well once conference play starts...22 guys on your recruiting board and 18 scholly's can't wait to see who is the first to sign.
I was thinking about doing a lot more Photoshop stuff but it's more time consuming and could possibly be beyond my skill level at this point to even attempt. For now I'll stick with screenshots and try to work with those. Glad you like the look.

Recruiting is my favorite part of the game. While I have 18 scholarships I'm limiting myself to, I should probably fill up my entire recruiting board to have some backup prospects to chase down in case of emergency. We will see!

Thanks for checking in gentlemen!
Old 10-13-2016, 05:29 PM   #51
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

2016 Week 2 Preview - Vanderbilt Commodores

Last edited by R1zzo23; 10-13-2016 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #52

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhs_rizzo

Speaking of screenshots, do you typically go back into Instant Replay to find the picture you want to capture or are you recording the game and then going back to find the action pictures?
I do a little bit of both. I only recently discovered that after the game I can go back on the El Gato software and capture stuff that happened earlier LOL

But yeah, just depends on the mood. Sometimes if something great happens and I have a quick second, I will pause it and go to the replay screen to get the shot.

Other times I will wait until after the game and go to the "Highlights" screen and find different action shots.

Now that I have figured out how to go back to what's been recorded on the capture card, I may try to get more in-between play stuff, fan shots, etc.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #53
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

MTSU Recruiting News - Initial Scholarship Offers!

MTSU Recruiting News
Initial Scholarship Offers!

Week 1 didn't bring much noise on the recruiting front but heading into their Week 2 game against the Vanderbilt Commodores from the SEC, Coach Potter and his staff have officially reached out to some of their recruits with a scholarship offer in hopes of getting some prospects to sign on early. While it may be risky making these decisions without having a chance to really scout these teenagers, the Blue Raiders are constantly playing from behind and need to make up ground as early as possible to keep up with the rest of the programs in the area.

Defensive tackle is by far the biggest need for this roster moving forward as after this season they will have one player at the position leftover. Knowing that, it should come to nobody's surprise that a defensive tackle is atop the recruiting board for MTSU. John Moore (6'4", 255 lbs.) is an in-state prospect out of Sevierville, TN and would be an immediate starter on this team next season. That's not saying much considering he would be the 2nd player at his position on a team that starts two of them. The Junior College junior would have just one year of eligibility left, but Coach Potter would still love to get him on campus to play even for just one year to be a stopgap for the following season. Don't get it twisted though: he's not just being recruited to take up a roster spot. With great strength on his long frame, he should be able to push the pocket into opposing QBs as well as bringing down ball carriers behind the line of scrimmage. With the Memphis Tigers also recruiting him hard and offering a scholarship, the Blue Raiders will do everything in their power to win him over.

Next on the recruiting board is defensive end Dean Jefferson. Another Tennessee prospect, the Springfield native checks in at 6'5" and 260 pounds, a mammoth of a man. This three-star prospect is billed as more of a run stopper but he's got the moves at the line of scrimmage to get by the opposing tackle with either power or finesse. His long arms allow him to shed blocks and rip down ball carriers when they seemingly aren't within reach. His ability to diagnose plays quickly makes up for his lack of speed. A cerebral player with great physical skills, those pesky Memphis Tigers are looking to get in on the action with a scholarship offer as well as MTSU's Week #2 opponent, the Vanderbilt Commodores. Staying close to home is what's most important to Dean, so why not find a home in Murfreesboro?

With 11 players on the roster at the wide receiver position and eight scheduled to depart due to graduation or declaring for the draft over the next two seasons, adding depth at the position is a must. Sandy Springs, GA product Matt Ratliff is a prospect MTSU is getting in on late but should have a chance to make waves in his recruitment. The 5'11", 174-pound receiver wants to stay close to home and wants to play in an offense that chucks the ball all around the yard. We think Ratliff and MTSU would be a good fit, but Coach Potter has some convincing to do. Right now the Troy Trojans are his #1 team but he seems to be pretty wide open. Can the Blue Raiders wrangle him away from other C-USA and Sun Belt programs? He's a prime candidate for a redshirt year and then he'll be able to take on four years of playing time with the openings at wide receiver.

Besides DT and WR, the other position of need is at MLB. Ryan Wright is a kid MTSU has had their eyes on since the day they saw him and won't stop recruiting him as hard as they possibly can. The 6'3", 227-pound thumper from Buford, GA is rated as a three-star prospect by most recruiting services and is jumping off of Coach Potter's screen every time they watch his film. He plays with unbelievable strength, throwing offensive linemen off their blocks in the run game and is seemingly around the ball with every tackle. With the MLB position being so scarce on this roster, Wright would be a huge addition to the team and could see playing time early across the entire linebacking core.

-----

*Editor's Note: I went through and edited the name of Dean Jefferson. As a Caucasian player, I figured the name "DeAndre" didn't fit him well, so the recruit "Dean Jefferson" was born.

Last edited by R1zzo23; 10-13-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:20 PM   #54
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I do a little bit of both. I only recently discovered that after the game I can go back on the El Gato software and capture stuff that happened earlier LOL

But yeah, just depends on the mood. Sometimes if something great happens and I have a quick second, I will pause it and go to the replay screen to get the shot.

Other times I will wait until after the game and go to the "Highlights" screen and find different action shots.

Now that I have figured out how to go back to what's been recorded on the capture card, I may try to get more in-between play stuff, fan shots, etc.
I too go into highlights afterward and snap pics. Worth noting is that not all plays have a replay available. Its almost always fairly "meaningless" plays, that the CPU probably just overwrites. Sometimes, however, its those plays I want. It may only be a 5 yard run, but the RB made a sick move. Or a short TFL but on a key third down. Keep that in mind when considering pics!

Major Boise State fan
Old 10-13-2016, 06:32 PM   #55
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I too go into highlights afterward and snap pics. Worth noting is that not all plays have a replay available. Its almost always fairly "meaningless" plays, that the CPU probably just overwrites. Sometimes, however, its those plays I want. It may only be a 5 yard run, but the RB made a sick move. Or a short TFL but on a key third down. Keep that in mind when considering pics!
Thanks for the advice guys. I don't see myself going back to watch the game again to find the right pictures. What I did last game and will probably continue to do is pause the game and grab a picture from the replay of the play before if I saw something that I know I want to get. I know this means missing out on some of those actions shots of the crowd or the team celebrating, so maybe down the road I'll get into the habit of going back on the El Gato software and finding those moments as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #56

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Yep. I meant to post the same thing. If it's a small play like that, or a sweet celebration, like after a swatted pass, you gotta get it right then and there.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »