Home

The New Look NFL And The Coaching Career Of Robert Osmond-A Madden 18 Franchise

This is a discussion on The New Look NFL And The Coaching Career Of Robert Osmond-A Madden 18 Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

OVR: 0
The New Look NFL And The Coaching Career Of Robert Osmond-A Madden 18 Franchise

NFL Banner.jpg

Welcome To The New Look NFL And The Coaching Career Of Robert Osmond-A Madden 18 Franchise

Breaking News

We go live to NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, as he is holding a live press conference to announce a major change forthcoming to the NFL.

"It is my privilege to announce that the NFL will hold its first ever NFL Fantasy Draft in place of this year's, 2017, Rookie Draft. Every player both veteran and rookie alike will be up for grabs as team's get a chance to re-pick their entire roster. It is a fresh start, if you like. Teams like the Jets, Browns, 49ers could find themselves as contenders following the fantasy draft and teams like the Seahawks, Packers, and Patriots could find themselves in situations such as what the Jets, Browns, and 49ers currently face. This is a chance to shake things up in the NFL and to help keep the game fresh and to I dare say, even, boost the ratings for the upcoming season. Lastly, I would like to have it noticed that the rookie draft will be returning in 2018 as things return to how they were prior to the fantasy draft"-NFl Commissioner, Roger Goodell
NHL TeamsFlyers and Stars
NCAA Team:Penn State University
College Alumni:Penn State University
Current College Attending:Millersville University
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Re: The New Look NFL And The Coaching Career Of Robert Osmond-A Madden 18 Franchise

Jets Banner.jpeg

Breaking News

We go live as Jets' owner, Woody Johnson, holds a live press conference to announce the hiring and replacement of head coach, Todd Bowles, and general manager, Mike Maccagnan.

"First off, I would like to thank Todd Bowles and Mike Maccagnan for their time with the team, but, I felt that with the announcement of the first ever fantasy draft by Roger Goodell now is the time to start anew at head coach and GM and as such I have hired University of Nevada head coach, Robert Osmond, as both the team's head coach and general manager."-Jets' owner, Woody Johnson.

"I am thrilled to have been given the opportunity to prove myself at the NFL level by Woody Johnson here, and, will do everything in my power to make sure this team comes out of the fantasy draft strong and on top. I will do everything I can to not misplace the trust Woody Johnson has placed in me by naming me head coach and GM. I plan on bring over my pistol style offense that I have ran at Nevada and am also planing on running a base 4-3 defense scheme. It is my hope that through the fantasy draft I can acquire players who best fit my scheme and will allow us to succeed as a team."-Jets' head coach and GM, Robert Osmond
Old 08-15-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Re: The New Look NFL And The Coaching Career Of Robert Osmond-A Madden 18 Franchise

Franchise Overview

Settings:
User Controlled Team:New York Jets
Player, Coach, Owner:Head Coach
Fantasy:On
Roster Used:
Skill Level:All-Pro
Quarter Length:9 Minutes

My Strategy For This Franchise:
My strategy for this franchise will be built around smart drafting, both in the fantasy draft and the rookie drafts, smart trades, and smart free agent signings.

How Often Will I Provide Updates:
Will start off following this post with a team history post. Will then post a few offseason recap posts which include any of my team's coaching staff and the results of the fantasy draft. Will provide posts prior to Preseason which includes my team's Preseason schedule and Preseason roster and then provide posts prior to the Regular Season which includes my team's Regular Season schedule and Regular Season roster. Will then provide weekly posts after each game which include scores from my team's game each week, statistics, and standings. Also for the preseason each weekly post will include the list of players I cut and/or players I placed on the practice squad. Will also provide posts of any major trade that goes down during the season. Will also post playoff recaps. Finally, will provide offseason recap posts each offseason that include my team's free agency signings, any other major free agency signing, and my team's rookie draft class. This franchise will focus mostly on the team(s) I coach over the course of my career.
Old 08-15-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

New York Jets' Team History

Seasons:58 (1960 to current)
Record:392-468-8
Playoff Record:12-13
Super Bowls Won:1 (1 appearance)
Championships Won:1
All-Time Passing Leader:Joe Namath 1,836/3,655, 27,057 yds, 170 TD
All-Time Rushing Leader:Curtis Martin 2,560 att, 10,302 yds, 58 TD
All-Time Receiving Leader:Don Maynard 627 rec, 11,732 yds, 88 TD
All-Time Scoring Leader:Pat Leahy 1,470 points
Old 08-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Jets' Coaching Staff 2017-18 Season

Head Coach:Robert Osmond, 1st year with team

Robert has a background coaching both high school and college football, having mostly recently served as the University of Nevada's head football coach. He will be attempting to bring and transition the pistol style offense from college to the NFL.

Assistant Head Coach:Mike Caldwell, 3rd year with team

Mike Caldwell returns for his second season as the Jets’ assistant head coach/linebackers coach. In his first season, Caldwell was part of a defense that set a franchise record with just 83.4 rushing yards per game allowed, as two of his linebackers, David Harris and Demario Davis, led the team in total tackles with 128 and 118, respectively.

Offensive Coordinator:John Morton, 1st year with team

Morton began his NFL coaching career in Oakland and spent four seasons under Jon Gruden. He also worked three seasons with Sean Payton in New Orleans, five years with Jim Harbaugh in both college and the NFL, and he held an offensive coordinator post at USC under Pete Carroll.

Most recently with the Saints in 2015-16, Morton mentored a New Orleans WR group that featured Brandin Cooks, Michael Thomas and Willie Snead. Thomas, a rookie from Ohio State, led the Saints with 92 receptions and 9 receiving TDs last season while amassing 1,137 receiving yards. Cooks has averaged 81 receptions the past two seasons and 1,156 yards and he combined for 17 receiving TDs. And in his first two pro years, Snead contributed 141 receptions, 1,879 yards receiving and 7 receiving TDs. Working on Sean Payton’s staff, Morton helped New Orleans finish No. 1 in passing in both years.

His stint in New Orleans was Morton’s second with the club. He was an offensive assistant/passing game coordinator for Payton in 2006 when the Saints advanced to the NFC Championship Game and finished No. 1 both in total offense and passing.

From 2011-14, Morton worked under Harbaugh in San Francisco as WR coach. During that span, the 49ers advanced to the NFC Championship Game three times and also appeared in Super Bowl XLVI. Heading up the WRs, Morton oversaw a unit that included Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin. Crabtree hauled in a career-high 1,105 yards receiving and he tied a personnel-best with 9 receiving TDs in 2012 while Boldin averaged 84 receptions, 1,121 receiving yards and 6 receiving TDs in 2013-14.

Morton, who had previously worked for Harbaugh as the University of San Diego’s passing game/wide receivers coach in 2005, was a member of the USC coaching staff from 2007-11. Along with being the offensive coordinator in 2009, Morton held the roles of wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator.

Originally a member of the Raiders personnel department in 2007, Morton coached the WRs from 1998-99 under Gruden. An offensive quality control coach in 2000, Morton led the Raiders wideouts in 2001 and then was promoted to senior offensive assistant/wide receivers coach in 2002. In that ’02 campaign, the Raiders finished No. 1 in both total offense and passing with HOFs Jerry Rice (92-1,211-7TD) and Tim Brown (81-930) continuing to excel on the outside. Morton also coached the Raiders TEs in 2004.

A receiver at Western Michigan in 1991-92, Morton left the school No. 10 and No. 8 on the school’s all-time reception (78) and receiving yards (1,278) lists. In addition to earning All-Mid-American Conference honors as a senior, Morton received a bachelor’s degree in general studies from WMU in 1997.

Morton signed with the Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 1993 and spent parts of two seasons on Oakland’s practice squad. He also had brief stops with the Packers and the Jaguars being moving north to the play with the CFL’s Toronto Argonauts 1995 and 1996. Morton’s last playing experience came with the World League’s Frankfurt Galaxy in the spring of 1997.

Defensive Coordinator:Kacy Rodgers, 3rd year with team

Kacy Rodgers returns for his third season as the Jets defensive coordinator after enjoying a wildly successful 2015 campaign in which the defense saw improvements in all areas, including allowing a franchise-low 83.4 rushing yards per game. Under Rodgers’ direction, the Jets finished with the top-ranked red zone defense and improved to third in the league in third-down conversion rate (33.2%).

Special Teams Coordinator:Brant Boyer, 2nd year with team

Brant Boyer was named the special teams coordinator for Head Coach, Todd Bowles’, staff on Feb. 2, 2016, after serving as an assistant special teams coach with the Colts for the last four seasons. Boyer will remain on as special teams coach for new Head Coach, Robert Osmond's, staff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
Pro

RJ1992's Arena

Jets' Fantasy Draft Results

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »