Home

We Dem Boyz: Bringing Big O Back to the Big D (M18)

This is a discussion on We Dem Boyz: Bringing Big O Back to the Big D (M18) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2017, 04:34 PM   #1
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30
We Dem Boyz: Bringing Big O Back to the Big D (M18)

Once again, football's most interesting man has relocated. After getting his roots in the college game, as head coach of Bowling Green State University, Sam Freday has blossomed in the NFL, despite jumping quickly between jobs, from Cleveland to Minnesota, to his favorite team, the New York Jets. The biggest thing Freday has been able to prove? Well, the man's a winner. He knows how to get his teams moving in the right direction, and staying there. But, with the Jets, his last stop, he took a bigger role, in the front office. While this may seem like a promotion, and the step in the right direction, Freday quickly realized that he wasn't very good in this role, having a quick trigger, frequently pulling locker rooms apart, trading anybody and everybody he thought was slowing the team's progress. Understandably, the players and coaches in New York grew tired of these actions very quickly, but the team kept winning, so nobody made a big deal out of it. Nonetheless, as the coaching wunderkind moves on to his next stop, he has decided to go back to coaching, and just coaching. All player transactions will be handled by the general manager, and not Freday.

So, who wants Freday now? America's Team. Jerry Jones, one of the league's newest hall of famers, and world class owner, president, and GM of the Dallas Cowboys wanted to add even more spice to his franchise. The team that everybody always talks about to begin with, has just gotten more controversial, trendy, and fascinating. Last season's 13-3 regular season wasn't good enough, because, as has happened in recent years, Dallas couldn't finish the job. Another playoff fizzle out, against the Packers (again), and the Cowboys were left licking their wounds and looking for answers. The rookie duo of Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott had taken the league by storm. Either one could have made a case to win Rookie of the Year, although it was Prescott taking the title. But, there's more to it than that. With arguably the best offensive line in the league, paired with one of the more reliable tight ends of all time, in Jason Witten, and the personality that the locker room needs in Dez Bryant, how could this team be so lackluster in the Postseason. You can't always blame the cold, because, well, it's Dallas, and we're indoors. Of course, some of the road losses have been played in tough elements, but last year's squandered lead to Green Bay was played right here in the Jones Mahal. The bottom line is, with an offense this strong, the defense must be the reason the Cowboys can't get over the hump. That, my friends, is why Jerry Jones called in Sam Freday. He has become a defensive wizard. And since Freday will serve exclusively as head coach, nobody in Cowboys Nation has to worry about the impulsive trades that Freday has become famous for.

So, get ready for the new Greatest Show on Turf, because with the drama of the Cowboys, along with the quality of play, and the personality of Freday on the sidelines, this team is going to be must watch TV week after week. America's Team is back, baby! We're back with big offense, and what hopes to be big defense. After a spectacular 2016 regular season, the vast majority of the roster remains the same, save for the new rookie acquisition. The way things are set up, there is reason in the Big D to believe that every year for the near future is Super Bowl or Bust. I said hol' up, hol' up, we dem boyz. Hol' up, hol' up, we making noise. Let's do this thing. How 'bout them Cowboys?

I've been playing Madden every year for as long as I can remember. Madden 18 G.O.A.T. Edition drops on August 25th, which strangely enough, is the day I start college. I see no better way to honor this big change in my life than to celebrate by playing the game I've spent my childhood conquering. And then, there's this project. Every project I put up here on OS is met with a ton of support, and for that I am eternally grateful. Every 'chise I do, I have more and more run doing, tweaking my style here and there, attempting to further enhance its readability and enjoy-ability for you, my grateful audience. But, this year, I can honestly say I'm more excited for a 'chise than ever before, even more than last year, when I embarked with my beloved New York Jets. As is the case with me, you will never see me do a rebuilding project. I'm not obsessed with winning; as you know, I've taken some huge losses in my days. I play a very realistic style of play, and in order to do that, I find it much more fun for me to do a team that's not necessarily supposed to be terrible. The Cowboys, as you know, are expected to contend for a Super Bowl this year, and they have probably the most fascinating roster in the NFL, which in recent days, has just been giving another storyline. Quite simply, I'm a storyteller, just sharing with my gaming experiences with you. But, this year, is different. Like most, I'm having mixed emotions regarding the start of college, and since I'll be trying to balance this 'chise with every other college responsibility, I don't know that I can guarantee updates at the same constant rate that I've always done. When I go home for holidays and breaks, except for perhaps Winter Break, I will most likely not be bringing my XBOX home with me. It seems weird to me to think about it like that, but that's how it's going to have to be. But, the bottom line is that I love sports, I love sports gaming, and I love posting these 'chises on this forum, so I will keep coming back, no matter where life takes me.

So buckle up and enjoy me on my newest project! I'll be honored to have you as my audience. Just do me this: Please do not post until I give the okay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

Re: We Dem Boyz: Bringing Big O Back to the Big D (M18)

Season Recaps:

2017:

Spoiler

Last edited by RoundingThird; 02-04-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:41 PM   #3
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

Head to Head Records:

AFC East:

New England Patriots: 0-1
February 4, 2018: L 36-33 (Super Bowl LII)

AFC South:

Tennessee Titans:
2018 (TBD)

Indianapolis Colts:
2018 (TBD)

Jacksonville Jaguars:
2018 (TBD)

Houston Texans:
2018 (TBD)

AFC West:

Denver Broncos: 1-0
September 17, 2017: W 19-14

Kansas City Chiefs: 1-0
November 5, 2017: W 17-13

Los Angeles Chargers: 1-0
November 23, 2017: W 38-35

Oakland Raiders: 1-0
December 17, 2017: W 38-27

NFC East:

New York Giants: 1-1
September 10, 2017: L 20-14
December 10, 2017: W 52-7
2018 (TBD)
2018 (TBD)

Washington Redskins: 2-0
October 29, 2017: W 21-16
November 30, 2017: W 45-17
2018 (TBD)
2018 (TBD)

Philadelphia Eagles: 1-1
November 19, 2017: W 45-24
December 31, 2017: L 45-23
2018 (TBD)
2018 (TBD)

NFC North:

Green Bay Packers: 1-0
October 8, 2017: W 31-7

Detroit Lions:
2018 (TBD)

NFC South:

Atlanta Falcons: 0-1
November 12, 2017: L 37-34
2018 (TBD)

New Orleans Saints: 1-0
January 21, 2018: W 26-13 (NFC Championship)
2018 (TBD)

Carolina Panthers:
2018 (TBD)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:
2018 (TBD)

NFC West:

Arizona Cardinals: 0-1
September 25, 2017: L 34-20

Los Angeles Rams: 1-0
October 1, 2017: W 33-5

San Francisco 49ers: 1-0
October 22, 2017: W 32-20

Seattle Seahawks: 2-0
December 24, 2017: W 27-10
January 14, 2018: W 24-19 (NFC Divisional Playoff)
2018 (TBD)

Last edited by RoundingThird; 02-04-2018 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:42 PM   #4
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

Awards:

End of Season Awards:

MVP:
Dak Prescott - 2017

NFC Defensive Player of the Year:
DeMarcus Lawrence - 2017

Best Running Back:
Alfred Morris - 2017

Best Offensive Lineman:
Zack Martin - 2017

Best Defensive Lineman:
DeMarcus Lawrence - 2017

Best Defensive Back:
Byron Jones - 2017

Weekly Awards:
DeMarcus Lawrence - NFL Defensive POTW - Week 1 2017: 12 tack, 3 sacks
Alfred Morris - NFL Offensive POTW - Week 5 2017: 19 car, 145 yards, 3 TD, 4 rec, 66 yards
Alfred Morris - NFL Offensive POTW - Week 8 2017: 19 car, 221 yards, 3 TD, 3 rec, 24 yards
DeMarcus Lawrence - NFL Defensive POTW - Week 10 2017: 7 tack, 5 sacks, FF
Dak Prescott - NFL Offensive POTW - Week 11 2017: 17-21, 209 yards, 2 TD, INT, 12 car, 104 yards, 2 TD, FUM
Sean Lee - NFL Defensive POTW - Week 11 2017: 11 tack, FUM, TD
Dak Prescott - NFL Offensive POTW - Week 13 2017: 25-33, 271 yards, 3 TD, INT, 9 car, 87 yards, TD
Alfred Morris - NFL Offensive POTW - Week 14 2017: 14 car, 136 yards, 2 TD, 5 rec, 53 yards, TD
DeMarcus Lawrence - NFL Defensive POTW - Week 14 2017: 14 tack, 4.5 sacks, FF
Dak Prescott - NFL Offensive POTW - Week 16 2017: 25-36, 284 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 6 car, 69 yards

Last edited by RoundingThird; 01-26-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:45 PM   #5
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

Table of Contents:

Page 1:
Spoiler

Page 2:
Spoiler

Page 3:
Spoiler

Page 4:
Spoiler

Page 5:
Spoiler

Page 6:
Spoiler

Page 7:
Spoiler

Page 8:
Spoiler

Page 9:
Spoiler

Page 10:
Spoiler

Page 11:
Spoiler

Page 12:
Spoiler

Page 13:
Spoiler

Page 14:
Spoiler

Page 15:
Spoiler

Page 16:
Spoiler

Page 17:
Spoiler

Page 18:
Spoiler

Last edited by RoundingThird; 02-06-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 11:24 PM   #6
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

That should do it for setting up! You guys can post now, so feel free to speak your minds.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:00 PM   #7
Master of Disguise

TheOtherPotterGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Heck yeah! A Dallas Cowboys chise being done by one of the best chisers here? You know I am following. I can't wait to see what you do with America's Team.

NFL:Dallas Cowboys
NCAA:Texas Tech
NBA:Houston Rockets
MLB:Texas Rangers
Old 08-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #8
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherPotterGuy
Heck yeah! A Dallas Cowboys chise being done by one of the best chisers here? You know I am following. I can't wait to see what you do with America's Team.
Appreciate the kinds words, Potter! Always makes it more fun for me when there's a real life fan of my team following along!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »