Home

Any FM-related questions? Ask them here

This is a discussion on Any FM-related questions? Ask them here within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Any FM-related questions? Ask them here

If one of my players gets sent off for violent conduct, I always fine them 2 weeks.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
He's fairly professional. I did have a player get a straight red about 3 games before he said this. I warned the player as he had 2 yellows in the 2 years I've been playing. The squad harmony is very good.

My guess is it's due to the red card handling.
thats strange, i guess he is concerned that you didnt discipline him ENOUGH (i have seen something like this before, but not for ages) does he have any minor concerns or anything in his personal tab? (apart from lack of discipline)
what do you normally do regarding red cards and discipline?
Old 05-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyfantastic
you should have basic knowledge of the language by about the january transfer window and full knowledge between 1-2 full seasons into the job

i cant say that for definite as im pretty sure its not always exact. but that's been around the average for me
Get those guys Rosetta Stone!

------

What is the effect of Fluid vs Rigid?
The game makes it sound like strikers will move more into a midfield role while on defense and center backs will do the same while on offense? is that true?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #20
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaj315
Get those guys Rosetta Stone!

------

What is the effect of Fluid vs Rigid?
The game makes it sound like strikers will move more into a midfield role while on defense and center backs will do the same while on offense? is that true?
I don't have the game in front of me right now, but set your tactic to fluid, then go look at the individual instructions for various players. Then set your tactic to rigid and check the indivisual instructions again. You'll see changes in the settings.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #21

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Why can I never win with a straight 4-4-2, I always have to use a funky variety, Trying it various places, in various saves with various personnel, I'm still 0-3-18 when I run a straight 4-4-2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Why can I never win with a straight 4-4-2, I always have to use a funky variety, Trying it various places, in various saves with various personnel, I'm still 0-3-18 when I run a straight 4-4-2.
I can never run it as well. Two striker formations in general are pretty eh for me because one of the strikers always seem to drop in form.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #23
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyfantastic
thats strange, i guess he is concerned that you didnt discipline him ENOUGH (i have seen something like this before, but not for ages) does he have any minor concerns or anything in his personal tab? (apart from lack of discipline)
what do you normally do regarding red cards and discipline?
If it's the first red, and the player hasn't had a history, I usually give them a warning. If the player gets a second, I fine them a week, etc.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #24
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I ran away with the Championship with Millwall using the 4-4-2. The key to being effective was playing one of the strikers as a DLF with the support role and the other as a poacher. I had one BWM defensive mid and an attacking CM. the wing players were support and either wingers or wide mids depending on who we were playing. In defense, the FBs were set to support wing backs. The CBs where both set to central defenders and cover. At home we pressed and attacked against teams that I thought we could beat. At all other times, we played the counter.

I guess my point is you can make the tactic work with the right players in the right roles. Just like any other system.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 05-25-2013 at 01:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »