Home

Any FM-related questions? Ask them here

This is a discussion on Any FM-related questions? Ask them here within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Any FM-related questions? Ask them here

Hi all,

This is basically a thread I started where anybody of any ability can ask any questions they have about FM. I've been playing it addictively for nearly 10 years, played in nearly every league and have had extensive experience in customising the game in terms of player pictures, logos extra leagues and other neat add-ons

Doesn't matter how advanced or basic the question is, I'll try to help (from tactics, transfers, fun teams to play with to downloading more pictures/logos/leagues etc)

I hope this helps out some people with problems, or new American fans to the game. FM is truly the best/most realistic sports management game I've ever played (maybe OOTP, but I dont know enough about baseball to truly compare it)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Any FM-related questions? Ask them here

Hey Willy. I've only played the last two versions of FM, and only managing an international team, to make it less time-consuming (even still, it was). Anyway, I just managed Brazil to the World Cup title in 2014, achieving my goal of winning the Olympics, Confed Cup and World Cup with them. Now what? It seems like only two national team jobs have opened up since the World Cup (very unrealistic), and when I declared interest in the US job after they went 0-3 in the cup, it said I had no chance of getting it. What gives?

I'm not sure I want to stay managing Brazil, but I don't want to resign and be left other cold. Will I be flooded with managing offers? I've done a good job with brazil, so it seems bizarre that I wouldn't get any consideration for other jobs. I'm also okay with resigning and being unemployed for a bit (maybe mid season or next season), but was curious before I did anything drastic.

Thanks!

Furthermore, is there a way you can edit yourself in the editor? I wouldn't mind starting a new game with a better database, but keeping my history/achievements/reputation.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Hey Willy. I've only played the last two versions of FM, and only managing an international team, to make it less time-consuming (even still, it was). Anyway, I just managed Brazil to the World Cup title in 2014, achieving my goal of winning the Olympics, Confed Cup and World Cup with them. Now what? It seems like only two national team jobs have opened up since the World Cup (very unrealistic), and when I declared interest in the US job after they went 0-3 in the cup, it said I had no chance of getting it. What gives?

I'm not sure I want to stay managing Brazil, but I don't want to resign and be left other cold. Will I be flooded with managing offers? I've done a good job with brazil, so it seems bizarre that I wouldn't get any consideration for other jobs. I'm also okay with resigning and being unemployed for a bit (maybe mid season or next season), but was curious before I did anything drastic.

Thanks!

Furthermore, is there a way you can edit yourself in the editor? I wouldn't mind starting a new game with a better database, but keeping my history/achievements/reputation.
what was your starting reputation, and whats your current reputation? brazil's a bit of a funny one as its actually one of the most insecure jobs on FM (VERY easy to get sacked with them) I guess the only other title to win with them is the copa america. also, are you applying for other jobs while still at brazil? if you have a high paid/long contract i wouldnt be surprised if other countries refused to consider you as they don't want to pay compensation to get you, so if you are definitely decided you want to manage somewhere else, resign, go on holiday and set your holiday settings to applying for other jobs (if you dont want to just sit simming through while you dont do anything)

you can't edit yourself into a new game with old history/reputation. im a bit annoyed by this as it makes it less realistic if somebody wants to start a new game as a current manager (deleting the manager they want to play as in the database before starting the game) or as an ex-player, due to the fact there is no previous history, except for international caps/goals which is just generated at random

Last edited by willyfantastic; 05-16-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the response Willy. My reputation was a former international player, and my current job status is Very Secure. I don't have a contract (nor do any national team managers, far as I can tell) so I don't know what the hold up would be with clubs, financially. I think I'll stick with Brazil for a bit more.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:14 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for the response Willy. My reputation was a former international player, and my current job status is Very Secure. I don't have a contract (nor do any national team managers, far as I can tell) so I don't know what the hold up would be with clubs, financially. I think I'll stick with Brazil for a bit more.
thats odd, you would normally have a contract with a national team either way (with pay). if you don't, the only thing i can think of is the CPU AI has just decided you HAVE a contract and can't tell that you dont (even if you dont, as you say) and therefore any international teams looking for a manager assume this, and wont offer you a contract due to what i mentioned earlier about having to pay compensation.

i have found when iv managed clubs and wanted to move (ill be honest in saying that aside from during world cup years in real life, i dont play internationally much) you will get a LOT more interest when you have resigned from your old club, as opposed to applying for jobs whilst still under contract at your current club
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Hmmm...maybe I'll resign from the job and then declare interest in another job without saving and see how it goes. Thanks!

This is completely off topic, but I was thinking of picking up OOTP and was wondering if it ran the computer hard like FM does, causing the laptop to get hot. I have a 2009 MacBook Pro loaded and in good condition and am wondering if it is at processor/battery intensive as FM is
Old 05-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Hmmm...maybe I'll resign from the job and then declare interest in another job without saving and see how it goes. Thanks!

This is completely off topic, but I was thinking of picking up OOTP and was wondering if it ran the computer hard like FM does, causing the laptop to get hot. I have a 2009 MacBook Pro loaded and in good condition and am wondering if it is at processor/battery intensive as FM is
i just got ootp funnily enough - and it runs a lot lighter than FM. the game itself is only 250mb big as it has basically no ingame gfx - however i love its facegen system compared to FM, much better and i hope fm uses it in the future
Old 05-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #8
Rookie

I read that the faces gradually show players age as the years go on and they change hats if they're on a new team. That's amazing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »