Home

Converting my FM teams to FIFA

This is a discussion on Converting my FM teams to FIFA within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8
Converting my FM teams to FIFA

So I've been playing FM13 for several years now and I have 2 main saves I've really enjoyed and spent time on.
  1. Seattle Sounders & USMNT (13.5 years - currently September 2024)
  2. AIK (7.5 years - currently June 2019)
Given all the time I've spent here, I've obviously come to love my teams and players. I also picked up FIFA 15, which is the first FIFA I've owned since I grabbed FIFA 2010 World Cup for $5 on Craigslist. I've found myself enjoying the game, but missing some of the depth of FM.

So I thought it would be fun to make a few of my teams in FIFA 15. I've started a spreadsheet and a PowerPoint doc to track all this, but I wanted to run it by you guys before investing too many more hours into this.

Here's a PowerPoint deck with all the details, but the key points are in the spoiler tag: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?page...Aw9txrLRglWR4g
Spoiler

What do you think of my attribute translation? What could be better? How should I use my unused attributes?

Side note: how do you guys post huge images and have them scaled down to a reasonable size and clickable to expand out?

🏈RIFLE - a dystopian football league.

🏀Bringing Back the Buzz - my first dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #2
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Re: Converting my FM teams to FIFA

So I know I didn't get a response the first time, but I've been slowly working on this project and would like some help. The best player I've ever had in FM13 is Colombian CAM Edinson Morera. Even though he's on the Sounders, he's managed to make the World Team of the Year and completely holds his own (sometimes controlling the game) when I play big European and South American teams.

When you watch him play, he'll often carefully dribble the ball back and forth in the final third near the top of the box, and then all of a sudden burst forward or play a 1-2 and drill the ball into the bottom corner of the net.

So when I created him in FIFA yesterday, I was disheartened. FIFA made him a 72 overall. So what did I do wrong? What's too low? Is it because positioning in FM is a defensive rating and in FIFA it's an offensive rating? Is it because I haven't accounted for technique enough in all the ratings? Realistically, he should be at least an 85 overall.

See attached photo for FM ratings and FIFA conversion via my formula. I've also attached a few other players I think got under-rated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg edinson morera.jpg (121.7 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg alan marcoullier.jpg (119.1 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg jose montiel.jpg (121.1 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg victor cunningham.jpg (119.0 KB, 163 views)

Old 12-14-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Looking at the players more, it seems like maybe I should be giving bumps to several variables based on their concentration or determination? Maybe include technique in every "soccer skill" calculation.

Old 01-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #4
Rookie

EvertonianSteeler's Arena

OVR: 0

I would suggest that passing, positioning, shot power, vision and finishing need to go up. Tackling should go down and also GK abilities don't need to be any higher than single digits or low teens. Also attacking work rate and a skill move or two should generate a higher overall rating.

Edit: You could pinch a bit of attribute from volleys curve acceleration aad sprint if you need to as they don't really need to be that high. Volleys especially, 90something in volleys but only 60 something in finishing is wasting points as the quality volley will just miss the target. At least that seems the logical conclusion to me !!!

Hope that is of some help. Great ideal can't believe how little interest you have had.

Last edited by EvertonianSteeler; 01-12-2016 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #5
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

If this were in the FIFA section, it'd probably get more support. A lot of the guys over here aren't that big into FIFA as they probably used to be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2016, 01:00 AM   #6
MVP

studbucket's Arena

I appreciate you guys responding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
I would suggest that passing, positioning, shot power, vision and finishing need to go up. Tackling should go down and also GK abilities don't need to be any higher than single digits or low teens. Also attacking work rate and a skill move or two should generate a higher overall rating.

Edit: You could pinch a bit of attribute from volleys curve acceleration aad sprint if you need to as they don't really need to be that high. Volleys especially, 90something in volleys but only 60 something in finishing is wasting points as the quality volley will just miss the target. At least that seems the logical conclusion to me !!!

Hope that is of some help. Great ideal can't believe how little interest you have had.
Thanks for the suggestion. For Passing, positioning, shot power, vision and finishing going up, do you think I should change the floor (start at 40 instead of 20 or something), change the scale, or include other variables?

Unfortunately when creating a player, I don't have any control over work rate or skill moves (at least directly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
If this were in the FIFA section, it'd probably get more support. A lot of the guys over here aren't that big into FIFA as they probably used to be.
You may be right, but I suppose I'm biased because I regard the FM community more highly than the FIFA one, assuming folks are a bit more cerebral over here

Old 01-15-2016, 04:06 AM   #7
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket

Unfortunately when creating a player, I don't have any control over work rate or skill moves (at least directly).
The way around that, is to pick players to edit, and change them into the player you want. With the work rate you want to match the FM player. I found this helpful a few years back when I made a squad of OS players for a team. Plus you can't create a CM (on console anyways, not sure about PC) for some stupid reason, so editing a current one is the only way to make one.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #8
MVP

studbucket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
The way around that, is to pick players to edit, and change them into the player you want. With the work rate you want to match the FM player. I found this helpful a few years back when I made a squad of OS players for a team. Plus you can't create a CM (on console anyways, not sure about PC) for some stupid reason, so editing a current one is the only way to make one.
Good idea. I've actually created most of these players, but that's a good tip.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »